music folio

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

borrowed album reviews.... bless 'em ;)

http://www.musicfolio.com/modernrock/sisters.html

the "borrowed" FALAA review is quite sweet thought:
"... First and Last and Always, an ‘80s goth extravaganza. (...) It opens with a song that brings about immediate thoughts of Depeche Mode and their early environmental awareness. Keyboards, drum machine, clipped lyrics. Eldritch sings his disgust, in his deep and broken voice, with the state of the world. It’s a good (and safe) intro to what is perhaps one of the most complicated, varied albums to have come out of the ‘80s. With songs ranging from the danceable Rock and a Hard Place to the defeated, terrified Marian, this album appeals to all those with a dark mindset. Lost love (or should I say love lost?), emotional shields, yearning for things that were, and the two most potent escapes: drugs and sex. (...) We shall leave Eldritch, forever hiding himself behind his sunglasses and hats and coats, now. Leave him to the rumors of a new album and to his German tour. Leave content in the fact that an album this amazing can actually exist. "
-- LL Hager, members.tripod.com/~Golgoth/fla.html
:roll: :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The Floodland review is pretty nice. "A pioneering masterpiece", indeed.

allmusic.com does pretty good in-depth reviews of all the albums. Worth checking out.
Anvrill
Road Kill

Now borrowed twice, it seems. MusicFolio never once contacted me regarding that review, and it's three years old anyway. Never would have known they'd borrowed it if I hadn't been bored enough to search my own pen name on the 'net.

I've since completely trashed and re-written it, and am even writing reviews for The Sentimentalist. Yum, underground music magazine goodness.

And to think my hopes of actually publishing reviews all started with MusicFolio stealing a review I wrote on the graveyard shift at the Tim Horton's on absolutely no sleep when I was a mere 18 years old.
James Blast
Banned

can anyone tell me the difference between 'lost love' and 'love lost?
no lame replies now, d'ya hear Francis?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Guess maybe: 'lost love' is one person, 'love lost' is emotional crippledom? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Francis
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:no lame replies now, d'ya hear Francis?
Oooh! Get her! For what it's worth I reckon:

Lost love = a love that's waned as in You've lost that loving feeling ...

Love lost = unreciprocated love as in Tis better to have loved and lost ...
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

James Blast
Banned

most excellent jay :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

indeed! thats a bloody good read 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?