Sisters and the furs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

MrChris wrote:Yep, I emailed him. This is what I got back:

'Your email seems to be misdirected.

I'd be happy to pass it along to the relevant authorities, should I ever find myself acquainted.

However, I'd like to thank you for alerting me to the witch hunt. Hopefully this can all be put to rest for the final time.'

I have no idea what most of that means, especially the last bit, so yes, it could be Eldritch. Or someone pretending to be. Or 'Eldritch' pretending to be Eldritch, whatever that means. The message is very well spelt and punctuated. But even I could spell that properly.
I'm sorry, but this sounds like someone doing a damn good job of pretending to be Eldritch online, or it's Eldritch himself. That style, that eloquence, careful punctuation and grammar...a Furs fan.

Or, we could just be seeing ghosts in another forum.

Does he consider this all a 'witch hunt'? What does he want to put to rest 'for the final time'? Is that a veiled admission that the Sisters are basically finished? Like, for good?

Oh well. Methinks with no record companies calling, it's simply not worth doing it anymore. And Eldo has become one of us...just another forum dweller.

There's always the bootlegs...
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

one for the fans

http://www.k-hole.nl/mainlabels.html :von:

Deus Ex Machines
Goths have feelings too
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Electrochrome wrote:Does he consider this all a 'witch hunt'? What does he want to put to rest 'for the final time'? Is that a veiled admission that the Sisters are basically finished? Like, for good?
reading waaaaay to much into the poor fellow's posts. he's a sister fan, thats obvious, he spends too much time studying von's literary style but then so does half of dominion.

i think he meant that in replying to that email and basically saying that he wasnt eldritch (even if that was said "in character") he was hoping people would leave him the f**k alone.

and i agree. let the poor chap be. :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:
Electrochrome wrote:reading waaaaay to much into the poor fellow's posts.
sanity prevails at last, cheers Boss :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

Interesting this. Cos I remember a very hip guy I shared a house with at University 81-84 was an avid Peel listener and well into the Furs. The Sisters must have been pretty chuffed for Ashton to offer to produce one of their records. Seems strange he didn't get a credit.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
James Blast
Banned

heard President Gas on't radio today, great song, excellent Todd Rundgren production:D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

heard President Gas on't radio today, great song, excellent Todd Rundgren production :D
~ Peter Steele
Black Biscuit

I'd be happy to pass it along to the relevant authorities, should I ever find myself acquainted.

However, I'd like to thank you for alerting me to the witch hunt. Hopefully this can all be put to rest for the final time.'

I have no idea what most of that means, especially the last bit, so yes, it could be Eldritch. Or someone pretending to be. Or 'Eldritch' pretending to be Eldritch, whatever that means. The message is very well spelt and punctuated. But even I could spell that properly.

--- You have no idea what it means? Try this:

"Your email seems to be misdirected" means you've got the wrong e-mail address for reaching AE, champ;

"I'd be happy to pass it along to the relevant authorities", with relevant authorities meaning AE himself, "should I ever find myself acquainted", meaning Neglekt doesn't know Eldo;

"However, I'd like to thank you for alerting me to the witch hunt" meaning leave Eldo alone, you b-stards!;

"Hopefully this can all be put to rest for the final time", meaning p-ss off!

--- I think that explains it all quite nicely.

Asheton's name was later removed from the Sisters' sleeve production credits by AE, from what I can gather. Richard Butler always resembled Cesar Romero (The Joker) in his Batman days, IMHO.

Allegedly Batman was one of AE's fave TV programs. With a Catwoman (purrrr!) and a Richard Butler lookalike, he couldn't go wrong really, could he?
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Speculation reigns supreme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Sisters foisted an early demo tape on Duncan
while lurking at a Furs soundcheck. It wasn't in
Leeds, but at a university whose identity I have
forgotten, although I remember the layout and look
of the place very clearly. Because it was important.

Duncan was good enough to foist that tape upon
the rest of the Furs, or Les Mills, or both, and the
Sisters ended up with the support slot they craved.

The rest is histories. Of course, some of your
histories aren't very true (hello neglekt: nice job
overall), but people can believe and regurgitate what they want to, allegedly. I would like you to
believe and regurgitate this: that the Sisters are
still very grateful to Duncan for his patience and
grace.

Hiya dk. It's all your fault. Love you to bits.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

twp wrote:Speculation reigns supreme

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

overall), but people can believe and regurgitate what they want to, allegedly. I would like you to
grace.

http://www.burneddowndays.com/talk/inde ... 7;start=30

:lol:
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

grace.

Did someone show mr marx this thread? :wink: :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ryan wrote:

grace.

Did someone show mr marx this thread? :wink: :lol:
not that i'm aware of, but feel free to email him with it. he's away at the moment but i'm sure he'll find it most amusing when he checks his email :lol:
Electrochrome

Quiff Boy wrote:
Electrochrome wrote:Does he consider this all a 'witch hunt'? What does he want to put to rest 'for the final time'? Is that a veiled admission that the Sisters are basically finished? Like, for good?
reading waaaaay to much into the poor fellow's posts. he's a sister fan, thats obvious, he spends too much time studying von's literary style but then so does half of dominion.

i think he meant that in replying to that email and basically saying that he wasnt eldritch (even if that was said "in character") he was hoping people would leave him the f**k alone.

and i agree. let the poor chap be. :roll:
Thanks, sir. Am back to earth now. Whew! It was a good con job until the spelling of 'checks'... :wink:
James Blast
Banned

Electrochrome wrote:Thanks, sir. Am back to earth now. Whew! It was a good con job until the spelling of 'checks'... :wink:
is that an admission of collusion?
~ Peter Steele
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Black Biscuit wrote:

--- You have no idea what it means? Try this:

"Your email seems to be misdirected" means you've got the wrong e-mail address for reaching AE, champ;

"I'd be happy to pass it along to the relevant authorities", with relevant authorities meaning AE himself, "should I ever find myself acquainted", meaning Neglekt doesn't know Eldo;

"However, I'd like to thank you for alerting me to the witch hunt" meaning leave Eldo alone, you b-stards!;

"Hopefully this can all be put to rest for the final time", meaning p-ss off!

--- I think that explains it all quite nicely.
Thanks for your somewhat sarcastic message :) , but no, your explanation does not make sense. I didn't address my email to Eldritch, I didn't ask if Neglekt knew Eldritch, and in fact I didn't even MENTION Elritch. I merely told Neglekt that contrary to his comments, many people on Heartland are positive about the prospect of a DVD, not negative. Got any more watertight explanations? :wink:
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Black Biscuit

I sure do: put it to rest! Neither Von nor Neglekt want to communicate with you, one way or the other.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i like the way that the furs board has gone btw. I like the thought if eldritch and marx begging for a support slot :lol:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

look out for the thinman :von:

neglekt seems to be half yank, half brit, which is strange. Anyway

grace.

Goths have feelings too
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote: reading waaaaay to much into the poor fellow's posts. he's a sister fan, thats obvious, he spends too much time studying von's literary style but then so does half of dominion...
The post says George. The reply addresses Mr Carless. That in itself is strange.
Mrs Bax used to spell Check like that... Coincidence? Planned deception? Draw your own strawberries...

Where the hell *is* The C Foundation these days, anyway?
Electrochrome

James Blast wrote:
Electrochrome wrote:Thanks, sir. Am back to earth now. Whew! It was a good con job until the spelling of 'checks'... :wink:
is that an admission of collusion?
Heavens no. A demented admiration of the con job, sure...someone did a good job of imitating a virtual Von...and in a world where the Sisters have lost their divider at record stores (er, chains), we have to take a closer look at the pretenders...