sisters new label?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

Recieved this email from a friend in canada recently.....Basically talk of his project The Infant Cycle and fellow canadians Orphx...

but this bit is interesting...

"Whats going on with the current label? I know you said before there was the odd problem but you havnt released anything on there yet have you?(or am i just missing the plot, which wouldnt surprise me). I think Ant Zen would be a good home for your music, didnt realise oprhx were on there now, what happened between them and hands? Hibou are lovely folk and even though i havnt actually had much contact with them at all recently I think they did a good job with the first CD so I would definetly say to approach them!"

"I see they are involved with the Sisters of Mercy now. I'll give them a try. I had great dealings with them- very nice. I think Orphx are now working with both Hands and Ant Zen- He hasn't left Hands, but I think that Antzen are handling the albums, while they are still going to be doing the odd single and project for Hands. .."

Anyone shed any light on this?
twp
Amphetamine Filth

twp
Amphetamine Filth

MR061 ?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

03 07 04 + The Sisters Of Mercy are about to release their fourh album entitled "Dream". artwork

Free from any contract for more than a decade, the band has decided to dispense with the services of a major.

The album will be only available through independent distributors via mail order.

Breaking with tradition, France will not be spared.

Hibou Records will be one of the proud relays of Merciful Release on that side of the Channel.

artwork link
interesting.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Very interesting. Does the artwork suggest it's a live album?
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

This is quite embarresing as my band has had 2 cds released on Hibou Records and I know nothing about it pmsl :evil:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

JonnyDelphium wrote:This is quite embarresing as my band has had 2 cds released on Hibou Records and I know nothing about it pmsl :evil:
time to use your contacts, then! :lol:

By the sounds of it (if it's all true, that is) the record will be released on Merciful Release and distributed via Hibou and other indie labels/distributors.
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

Oh, I intend to and am doing so as we speak :P

BTW, they are great people and will do a wonderful effort for anyone in France wanting to get a copy :wink:
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't believe for 1/1,000,000 of a second that it's an official release. In fact, I'd bet money on it. And lots of it. That thing screams bootleg. :von:
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

Oh, I intend to and am doing so as we speak :P

BTW, they are great people and will do a wonderful effort for anyone in France wanting to get a copy :wink:
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

CtrlAltDelete wrote:Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't believe for 1/1,000,000 of a second that it's an official release. In fact, I'd bet money on it. And lots of it. That thing screams bootleg. :von:
I have to disagree, they aint those kind of people, but I guess we will have to wait & see
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Admiting to not owning many, do bootlegs normally come with MR numbers?

You know, Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

bootleg

sh*te quality artwork using old stock photos, a grab of the gif from the MR website, and the old font that the sisters no longer use anyway. looks like it was designed by a colour-blind teenager with a copy of paint shop pro 4.

if thats legit i'll f*ck the old woman that works in the local co-op.

rubbish.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

@JonnyDelphium

and while you're talking to them, get them to check whether they should have actually put that on their website. The fact that it's appeared there without any info appearing anywhere else (likes the Sisters official site, for instance) makes me wonder whether ithe news was supposed to be embargoed until a future date.

@CtrlAltDelete I'm fairly suspicious myself, because of the fact it's been mentioned on this small site, but not on the Sisters website. And the front cover being put together from live shots is in the style of bootlegs. But I'm prepared to hope.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

twp wrote:Admiting to not owning many, do bootlegs normally come with MR numbers?
yes. loads of them have. they're usually added as a poor attempt to fool the unsuspecting punter into thinking that its real.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Quiff Boy wrote:if thats legit i'll f*ck the old woman that works in the local co-op.
...and now I have two reasons to hope that it's a legit release. :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

lazarus corporation wrote:@JonnyDelphium

and while you're talking to them, get them to check whether they should have actually put that on their website. The fact that it's appeared there without any info appearing anywhere else (likes the Sisters official site, for instance) makes me wonder whether ithe news was supposed to be embargoed until a future date.
i'd wager a tenner that it will get withdrawn in less time than it takes eldritch to smoke 40 marlboro ;)

it would only be "embargoed" if it was real. its not. patently.
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
twp wrote:Admiting to not owning many, do bootlegs normally come with MR numbers?
yes. loads of them have. they're usually added as a poor attempt to fool the unsuspecting punter into thinking that its real.
Hey, I'll take anything. It is so long since I bought an official sisters release, I am not sure where fact blends in to reality and back again. I am sure I had hair, no wife and no small child then. Or it could all be some bizarre reality.
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

@CtrlAltDelete I'm fairly suspicious myself, because of the fact it's been mentioned on this small site, but not on the Sisters website. And the front cover being put together from live shots is in the style of bootlegs. But I'm prepared to hope.[/quote]

And, erm, when was the last time the sisters site was updated :!: :?:
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

JonnyDelphium wrote:
CtrlAltDelete wrote:Maybe I'm jaded, but I don't believe for 1/1,000,000 of a second that it's an official release. In fact, I'd bet money on it. And lots of it. That thing screams bootleg. :von:
I have to disagree, they aint those kind of people, but I guess we will have to wait & see
Oh, that thing is so a bootleg I nealy fell off my chair laughing when I saw it. Here's why...

1. I do not believe Eldritch would use that font for a new album.
2. There is nothing new on that album (it's all been played live at least). That's unusual.
3. The pictures are live, which you don't need a copyright to use. That's why most bootlegs use live photos for covers. Eldritch always has creativity enough to at least come up with artwork.
4. That thing looks sloppy. Very un-Eldritch.

Yep, I'll bet my firstborn that's a bootleg. And I'm too polite to say what I really think is going on here.
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

is this an attemot by the label to either a) generate publicity for themselves and their other product or b) goad the sisters into publicly denying that that is anything to do with them...?
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:@JonnyDelphium

i'd wager a tenner that it will get withdrawn in less time than it takes eldritch to smoke 40 marlboro ;)

it would only be "embargoed" if it was real. its not. patently.
That'll be the Sisters at their most active for over a year then, and answer the other question of whether AE is alive
pikkrong
Overbomber

Chris Sheehan... Isn't his artist name (i. e. the name he uses as a Sisters' member) Chris Starling?
And isn't it unusual that the playlist is situated on the front cover?

But I still have to say... yes, you may call me a fool... these news made my heart beat faster...

And if QB really will f*** that old woman... sorry - I mean - if this is REALLY an official release I'd like to know when will it be released and how could I get one (or more ;D )... :oops:
Last edited by pikkrong on 21 Aug 2004, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

fake fake fake fake fake.

*sigh*

c'mon people! JUST FUCKING LOOK AT IT FOR TWO SECONDS.

its sh*te.

and i'm sooooooooooooo tempted to trash this thread right now, on the grounds that i find it insulting to my intelligence that someone is using such a cheap trick in order to garner publicity for their darkling record label.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I'm with everyone else and hoping it's official just for the QB co-op remark ... :innocent:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.