Here's what I've spent my day doing

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Any comments good or bad please!

Heroin Child (4 track demo)
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

d-i-s-c-o

very groovy :notworthy:

i like the dynamics of the tune - i'm already humming the riff to myself 8)

and it hurtles along at a nice pace. nice :von:

personally i'd take a little of the flange of the bass (heresy! i hear you cry :lol: ) to make it a bit cripser in the mix as it sounds a little muddy at present, and then i'd crank up the drum machine another couple of notches - music like that is driven by a big fat bass drum and a sharp snare, and yours sound good, just a tad quiet ;)

good work 8)

now get some vocals on it... (he says ;) :lol: )
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Flange? Off the bass? Are you insane??? :lol:

It sounds muddy as it was recorded on a cassette tape 4 track plus we were running it though some sort of Zoom pedal that had Amp effect on it then running it straight into the 4-track. We tried to port it onto the PC track by track, but the tape was a little warped and although it was in synch for a bit, but about 2 mins in it was totally out.

The mixing was done using headphones so it sounded ok at time (I spent about 2 mins doing the levels :D )

The drums were an old Dr Rhythm. I had written a quick drum track on Fruity Loops which was a little more beefed up, but due to the synch probs, couldn't use it in the end. Once I work out an easy way to record straight into the PC as easy as using a 4-track I'll be able to do better drums, but listening again to it, yeah, the drums could do with being a little louder.

My friend Ce||Two did the bass and the lead guitar line, I did the other guitar. There would have been vocals, but Ce||Two hadn't thought of anything to sing about! The title is just a title, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks Quiff!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Kind of reminds me at the beginning (in an odd way) of the old Formula 1 music: Dum... de-de-derrr didi derner ni nerrrrr
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
rian
Slight Overbomber

CellThree wrote:Any comments good or bad please!

Heroin Child (4 track demo)
Nice one
I think someone set my soul alight
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

markfiend wrote: Dum... de-de-derrr didi derner ni nerrrrr
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only a paand.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I like it.

I generally agree with QB - give it a good solid snare and kick drum, but I do appreciate you're working with an old Dr Rhythm and a 4 track.

Given access to more equipment I'd add a few drum fills. I'd also be tempted to add a chorus or middle 8 to break up the song a bit, and perhaps a couple of alternative phrases for the lead guitar, to add variation.
Andie
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Kind of reminds me at the beginning (in an odd way) of the old Formula 1 music: Dum... de-de-derrr didi derner ni nerrrrr

oh dear...fleetwood mac...

and i now wish i hadn't read through before i'd finished downloading the track... :urff:
hallucienate
Overbomber

I liked it, reminds of old skate movie music :notworthy:
Andie
Overbomber

listening to it for a second time...

it's alright...thanx...could be a winner so i'd get copywrite ASAP...actually...um...i've seen bands that don't sound that good for their entire set...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
pikkrong
Overbomber

I bloody like it 8) :notworthy:
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

"Into the trees" I'd like to hear it pounded out in an arena, with a stack of lights. Nice one 8)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Thank you all for your comments! Hopefully I'll have another one for you in a couple of weeks if I can get together with Ce||Two and we have enough Asahi :D
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

pikkrong wrote:I bloody like it 8) :notworthy:
Don't know why that made me laugh. It just did.
Only a paand.