Darkness UK Tour

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

if you're interested

end Nov/beginning Dec

manc sheffield wembley glasgow cardiff etc

on sale tomorrow @ www.ticketmaster.co.uk

got mine for sheffield and wembley already ;D :von:
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Karst
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:if you're interested
Nah. Got the Spinal Tap DVD recently - that's enough for me.

8)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

ooooohhhhhhh that's SUCH an old joke.....
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Can I just say the Darkness are arse?

Yes? Good. T

The Darkness are ARSE!

Thank you. :)
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

JB, you're a very bad boy. just cos you said you were going to do that didn't mean you had to.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

A man of my word. :twisted:

I'd always predicted they would have faded away by now but I guess the 'arena' tour will be their death knell. Never mind. A few more quid in the bank from the gullible public to keep Justine in catsuits in his dotage and that just around the corner hair transplant. :von:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

we'll see, when the new album comes out after new year.

whatever. but, come what may, the sight of those catsuits, and the contents, have given me SO much pleasure...... i'm not likely to forget!

and his brother only has to look at a camera and i'm all aquiver.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:ooooohhhhhhh that's SUCH an old joke.....
Very relevant though. It is only so far you can take the joke before you start to take yourself too seriously. Happened to the Sisters, to the Mish and it will happen to Justin and his boyz. God bless...

8)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i'm sure paddy would agree that justin doesn't take himself seriously, lol.... just the music. he isn't the sole driving force anyway. whatever you think about it, they are working bloody hard atm.

i'm just enjoying the fun while i can, thanks.

oh, if anyone read the recent article/interview in the observer, they are v peed off with what was written about them getting fed up and bored with it all.
Thea
Overbomber

i'm with JB - this is gonna be the last nail in the coffin. and i'm kind of glad. i love the darkness, but not in arenas. last time they were in the NMB - yanno, a proper veneue. arena gigs are usually full of 12 year old girls wearing overpriced band merch, often with their mum dad, gran and great-aunt. All of which will point at anyone having a vaguely good time and tell the brat in question that's what'll happen if they don't eat vegitables.
i'm not bitter...
Karst
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:oh, if anyone read the recent article/interview in the observer, they are v peed off with what was written about them getting fed up and bored with it all.
Ah - there it all starts. Remember Andrew & Wayne lambasting the British music press, eh? First sign IMHO. Ref. the Mish and getting John Paul Jones in to do their 2nd album. Great album, but the first sign that a sense of humour was lost. Same with F&L&A IMHO.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

actually that was a private conversation i was reporting, about the press.
doomy... the other girls are back in paris today. sigh
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Karst wrote:
emilystrange wrote:oh, if anyone read the recent article/interview in the observer, they are v peed off with what was written about them getting fed up and bored with it all.
Ah - there it all starts. Remember Andrew & Wayne lambasting the British music press, eh? First sign IMHO. Ref. the Mish and getting John Paul Jones in to do their 2nd album. Great album, but the first sign that a sense of humour was lost. Same with F&L&A IMHO.
That's two opinions you've expressed in one post. Pack it in.
Only a paand.
rian
Slight Overbomber

NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!

not intrested at all............
I think someone set my soul alight
Thea
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:
doomy... the other girls are back in paris today. sigh
at that nice veneue again? Paris was a top gig (Darkness and the Wildhearts!)
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i don't think its the same venue.. as i can't go, trying not to think about it at all, lol
sigh
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Its likely that The Darkness have peaked, i thinnk that is certainly true. There is this nagging doubt though as i just supect that Justin is too "canny" not to produce another album that will sell bucket loads. Seriously, if you could have heard his pre -Darkness stuff. Love or loathe him, he is i assure you a very good songwriter and a very clever dude.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
christophe
Overbomber

Have you figuerd out my signature yet Emilystrange ?
its a Belgian thing (like mayo..) so you wouldn't understand the whole meaning of it...
butt there's more where it came from..
Another Shade of You.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

scared now...
Andie
Overbomber

i liked the darkness when they played at Guilfest last summer...they were fun to watch...but like all good bands they had to stay late and wait for Alice Cooper to finish before they left...

i wouldn't want to go and see the darkness again...i doubt that they have 2 hours of quality songs to play live...and i wouldn't pay the tix price unless they had 2 hours of quality songs to play live...just something i expect from bands who have made it to that size of stage...soz emily...but i prefered them when they were still trying to break out...

:| :| :| :|
James Blast
Banned

gimme The JAMC doing 15mins of nihilism anyday
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

@ Mr Blast - that would be nice too
@ Burn - tis ok. looking forward to hearing the new songs, not managed that yet.

i thought they were pretty good in small venues, seen them with about 400 people. but the best show was the last one at Rheinkultur in Bonn, huge crowd. They enjoyed it prob as much as we did. which always helps things go with a swing.