Girl friend lost to dave vanian!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
sinclair
Road Kill

My Boss Mickey Wynne has quite a nice claim to fame. He dated Patricia Morison after the sisters for 4 years only to lose her to Dave Vanian. She was quite rightly the love of his life and he still misses her now.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

that's cool ;D

can he shed any light on her recording some material in a london cellar studio (in soho iirc?) just after the sisters split?

apparently she called gary marx to ask him to come down and play some guitar work on songs that she said she had "major label interest" for...?!?

this isn't the material that ended up on the "reflect on this" album by the way - i'm guessing it was before that, and judging by what gary has told me about it i wouldn't be surprised if it was dropped like a rock ;) :lol: :roll:

lets just say that pat & the producer spent too long looking for the right sound for a whip-crack and not enough time writing tunes, lyrics and all the rest of what usually goes to make up a song. :lol:

gary went down to london, played a few improvised riffs in a sisters-style over a handful of very sparse, barely started backing tracks (think drums and sound fx, no tunes!) and then came back to leeds bemused by the whole incident... :roll:

he still hasn't heard any more about the project to this day (and we both agree that this is probably a good thing) but he asked me if i'd ever heard anything about it. obviously i hadn't.

so, any ideas? :?:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sinclair
Road Kill

Ok, Ill ask him and do some digging, see what i cant find! Ill see if i can get him to dig out some pictures too!
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Didn't Patsy release an album on her own? Only available in Germany I believe.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Karst wrote:Didn't Patsy release an album on her own? Only available in Germany I believe.
"reflect on this"? :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Karst wrote:Didn't Patsy release an album on her own? Only available in Germany I believe.
and the CD shop down the road from me.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
"reflect on this"? :urff:
Ah. That's the one. Nover listened to it after a review said it was dire. Btw. Lucien, Mark Thatcher down the road from you too? :wink:

8)
hallucienate
Overbomber

Karst wrote:. Lucien, Mark Thatcher down the road from you too? :wink:

8)
Constantia is farely close to me, but his court appointment is within walking distance of my place :roll:
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

the first and the last "song" on "Reflect on this" is not THAT bad ;-)
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
sinclair
Road Kill

Ok spoke to Mickey wynne today. He said that he was with her untill some time in 1994. I know hes not lying cos today ive seen some wicked pics of patsy for instance patsy and mickey hugging,patsy and mickey on the beach (no sun looked stormy!), patsy..mickey...severin...siouxie.....budgie all getting pissed in L.A in the viper rooms.

Well i was green with envy i can tell you! Patsy looked more beautiful than in any sisters vid when she was looking sad with sparkly eyes in one photo of her at mickeys place. well ive got a f**king cool boss! We work in a recording studio in brighton and when we met it was really funny considering the conections.....I had previously met Dave Allen (who produced flaa) through kate who worked at fiction records.I was doing some s**t dance music in a band called pushka a few years back. Dave Allen came over to my flat to work on my demos and i asked him what he had done before. As you would expect i was bown away that he should visit me and i broke out into choruses of :notworthy: Then my gilfriend who is obsessed with Dave Vanian actually resembles patsy and mickey gets a bit bashful when shes about. Its all a bit weird reallythe connections!

Anyway back to the story! They were together after the soho recording period and mickey agreed that the demos that she did (with some mad guywho kept busting up the studio) there were really crap. Apparently patsy got a one off payment from andrew and doesnt receive royalties from floodland even though she played on it, wrote bits and helped with production. she used most of the money to help her mother pay off her mortgage so stayed skint after its success. he also quoted her as saying that at the time Andrew used to boast about being able to rip everyone off. she said he was really astute and had a book on the subject.....oooh gosip!!!

If you look inside the sleeve of patsy's "reflect on this" he said (Mickey)hes credited with something. After she (patsy)ran off with the evil Mr Vanian she introduced mickey to some bird who had previously been dating nasty from hanoi rocks. After Patsy where do you go....The word booby prize comes to mind! Thats all pop pickers!

Sinclair.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I take it there's some disagreement about Patsy's involvement with Floodland, then. Because the Von version is that she didn't play on any of his records, never mind actually write bits. I know she also claims to have written bits that turned up on Vision Thing too. It would be good to hear more about this, because it's a legendary bone of contention.

By the way, did Mickey TELL Patsy the demos she did were ****? If so, not a good relationship move, I wouldn't have thought!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MrChris wrote:I take it there's some disagreement about Patsy's involvement with Floodland, then.
That's putting it mildly! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Reflect On This? Never heard of it myself, but that's nothing unusual. Perhaps it's a take-off of the "Lucretia, My Reflection" song title.

Although there is a dispute over exactly what Patricia did in the Sisters (and obviously she doesn't think much of Andy as a result), he is the guy who wrote Lucretia My Reflection which, unless I'm interpreting it incorrectly, is AE singing the praises of the girl.

Or perhaps Patsy claims she wrote that song, too?

BTW, real estate is a tangible asset. Shares are only a paper asset. Put simply, real estate is (generally speaking) a safer investment as a result. AE owns a few houses, from what I hear. Perhaps, astutely, he put his money into real estate from a young age?
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Bumped into Pat on her mini tour to promote the Reflect on This album, went to JB's in Dudley on a Friday night, and as it was our regular haunt, we were in the band room most of the night, had quite a lengthy chat with Pat re the 'split' and her views of Von were quite ahem, candid!

getting paid a hundred quid a week (thereabouts) she was relying on her Boyfriend to pay the rent at the time, she did introduce one song that night as "this is one of mine that a guy i worked with did not want to use, still waiting to be paid for the rest"

She came accross as a very nice lady, not just cos she put me on the guest list for Rock City the following night..!!

1991 or 1992 - memory is fading with age!
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
claws
Amphetamine Filth

I think Patsy is very proud of the Floodland album. It's the best project she has been involved with ever. Too bad Eldritch screwed her over.
We are coming down but we will never, never land
sinclair
Road Kill

Yep shes very proud of the floodland album and reportedly listened to it alot at home in the early nineties.
lock up your daughters, theres a Goth About!
straylight
Amphetamine Filth

(grits teeth)
(grits teeth some more)
(grind grind grind)

I know this has been said before....but there's no bass on that album!

She might be proud of it remembering her Top of the Pops appearances but that's about it as far as I can see.

By the way she did claim at one time to have written Lucretia. Probably discovered the Beatles as well.

(Damn! resolution broken).
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm quite "proud" of Floodland. Can I pretend I played on it too? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I have nothing to say on this subject, but WOOHOOO! I'm a Slight Overbomber!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
hallucienate
Overbomber

MrChris wrote:I have nothing to say on this subject, but WOOHOOO! I'm a Slight Overbomber!
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
it's all downhill from here :roll:
sinclair
Road Kill

Wow man! Your really behind on the news. She didnt just discover the beatles she was the beatles and her mum was penny lane. :lol: She must have done something? surely? I mean i know shes really hot but being hot cant have been her sole job could it? I dunno, its what i was told dont blame me im just a goth! :lol:
Maybe we should just all gang up and scale the walls of Vons castle and get to the bottom of things. While we're there we could collect my royalties for temple of love cos ive always been proud of myself for that little ditty! Catchy tune wasnt it? :lol: whooohoooo!
lock up your daughters, theres a Goth About!