next single (if any)?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

next single (if any)?

Summer
9%
Slept
9%
War On Drugs
No votes
Crash and Burn
38%
We Are The Same, Susanne
18%
Will I Dream?
No votes
Come Together
No votes
Killed By Death
9%
Shut the F**k Up
9%
Alice (2007)
9%

Total votes: 45
James Blast
Banned

I have an M&S King Prawn Makhani brewing away beside me with some hot chapatis (ask me), what's your gripe sax boy?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"sax boy"

:lol: :notworthy:

now, now girls. play nice ;)

;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

me and ole' Frankie go all the way back Boss, all the way to Uriah Heep!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I have an M&S King Prawn Makhani brewing away beside me with some hot chapatis (ask me), what's your gripe sax boy?
I always wondered who shopped at M&S meals-for-one-hoping-you'll- bump-into-a-soul-mate food-market. Mumsy's bingo night?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
James Blast
Banned

Nope, and I don't like your tone of voice, Sir!

I demand a retraction
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I demand a retraction
You'll have to buy me a pint first. :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
BritneyJean
Road Kill

Although I firmly believe that such important decisions should be left to record companies and carefully selected focus groups, I do think “We Are The Same, Suzanne� have commercial potential. And commercial potential means single material. But it’s impossible to tell, I need to hear the tracks in their full properly-recorded-with-proper-producers glory.
Dreams of number one last forever
It's the only way to make you feel better
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I'm sure some one will inform me why the following is impractical, but I don't see why the Sisters don't release a track or two as a download single. I'd happily pay my £0.79 for a studio version of any of the nine songs we've heard live so far. Eldritch would get to see some form of financial return on his work without having to go through the grief of dealing with a record company or as in the case of an independent release having to finance the cost of producing CD's.

And if Adam really is the problem then sod 'im. Get the Doktor fired up and record Come Together, War On Drugs or We Are The Same, Susanne.

Okay, it's not going to set the world on fire but unless some one can show me the math that says otherwise, I would very much doubt that it would lose money.

Last but not least, it would be a decent thank you to the fans who have stayed loyal all years in the face of some serious adversity.

The floor is now yours, Bux, to show me why it's not that simple.

Oh, and it looks as though I was right about that yardstick and the faster progress.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

I couldn't agree more, Leon. I suggest Lemmy on bass and Steve Jones and Mr Marx on guitars.

What do you say?
You are very very bad people and you must be punished
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Definitely for Lemmy and Marx, not too sure about Jones.
Eldritch has already gone on record as saying he would like Lemmy to play bass on the new album.
James Blast
Banned

'new album' you slay me! :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:'new album' you slay me! :lol:
Clearly I should have pointed out that the reference to a new album was a quote, not a personally held belief. :roll: :wink:

And we all know how reliable :von: is on the subject of new product!
pikkrong
Overbomber

Back to the topic:
"Orgasmatron" - with modified lyrics (as they did with "Gimme Shelter"):

I am the Von, Orgasmatron etc :von:
Last edited by pikkrong on 01 Sep 2004, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

Sepultura used to do a very good version of Orgasmatron
~ Peter Steele
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

A cover version of the theme from Playschool.

Here is the house, there is the door;
Windows: one, two, three, four.

I'd pay to hear it, especially with Ofra Haza vocals on top.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G