Those daft Wayne & Mish filters... your vote counts!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

Should we remove the Wayne and Mish filters?

Poll ended at 18 Jun 2017, 14:37

Remove the Wayne filter but leave the Mish one
2%
Remove the Mish filter but leave the Wayne one
2%
Remove them both
50%
Leave them both in place
47%

Total votes: 116
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

As discussed elsewhere, in the light of Wayne's comment in this recent Quietus interview:

http://thequietus.com/articles/22430-wa ... -interview
Your autobiography…

WH: I’ve done a deal and have until next October to write it. I’ve already started. I’m going to write a lot and get someone to edit the best bits. I’m not writing it chronologically. I’m on my fifth chapter. The first is about my audition for The Sisters and the first few months up to my first tour of America. I’m not sure all Sisters fans are going to like it because it blows the lid a little bit. There’s a Sisters forum called Heartland where I’m not even allowed to be mentioned by name.
What do you think?

Currently we replace Wayne's name with That Guitarist and The Mish's full band name with The m*****n. :innocent:

It started as a gag aeons ago - playing up to the clichéd rift between Von and Wayne (and, to a lesser extent, between some Sisters & Mish fans), but well, it's 2017 and we're all grown ups and the joke (such as it was) was a loooooooong time ago.

So what do you think? Is it time to scrap either or both of those filters, or is it still funny (to us, at least)? :lol:
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 19 May 2017, 14:45, edited 2 times in total.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Never let it be said this place isn't run democratically :twisted: :innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Pista
Cureboi

A Misherendum of sorts. :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

I say "Leave them both in place". :twisted:
Jokes are forever and i feel like 4*10year old instead of 40 :wink: :kiss:
Also if there was not that filter, our beloved place to be would not gather the lights of That Guitarist.
Added to this i 've put the *** in m**n for years when wrote it myself and didn't expect the filter to translate it to m***n :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Remove them both! Probably Wayne and Von are best buddies for all we know?
iesus
Overbomber

To make things worst T**t Quit**t, he cancelled the Athens gig and has not make refunds yet :P :urff:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Well i'm not bothered either way, i'm not here for The m*****n, i'm here for TSOM and he was a part of that like it or not so maybe it's time to put it aside.

Then again, it is funny, and let's face it, Von gets more ribbing on here than anyone so Wayne can hardly complain! :lol: :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Charlie wrote:Von gets more ribbing on here than anyone
Very true :lol: :lol: ;D :von:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Charlie wrote:Well i'm not bothered either way, i'm not here for The m*****n, i'm here for TSOM and he was a part of that like it or not so maybe it's time to put it aside.

Then again, it is funny, and let's face it, Von gets more ribbing on here than anyone so Wayne can hardly complain! :lol: :lol:
Fully seconded ...
AND without these filters, the Heartland Forum would soon not only look like but become the m*****n forum ... and that is no place for me to be.

(And why? Just because they are too lazy to keep their own board tidy,
while running their Sisters f***book pages as closed shops, because we're
allegedly oh so bad towards the m*****n)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I actually think that Wayne knows damn well that it's all meant in fun and that "not even allowed to be mentioned by name" thing is a bit of gentle ribbing of his own ;D

Well I hope so, at least!

But yeah on the whole I think I agree that the filters should go.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Words are just dust - leave 'em.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote: the Heartland Forum would soon not only look like but become the m*****n forum ...
Not sure that would happen to be honest. This will not be a Mish forum, but for sure the band & Wayne will be talked about from time to time in the same way as other former members (some of whom also jumped ship, yet have no such filters applied).
I kind of got used to the filters & totally get the tongue in cheek-ness of it.
But if the majority agrees it's a joke that has got beyond threadbare, then by all means let's do it. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

Interesting the extremes of reactions is provokes.

As already mentioned, I very much doubt removing the filters would suddenly make people talk about the Mish more then they do already. And if they did, well whatever. They're part of the lineage just like other bands that have past members of TSOM.

I'm happy to let the poll run it's course for 30 days and then take whatever steps are mandated by the results.

LET THE PUBLIC DECIDE!!

;D
Swinnow
Overbomber

People know I'm a Mish fan as well as being a fan of the Girls. The filters always made me laugh 'cos they were playing on the silly spat from '85/6, so I say, leave them, they're a fine example of northern pishtaking.

Anyway, gotta get thinking about heading to Libpool tonight :innocent:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Swinnow wrote:northern pishtaking
that was always the (only) intention ;D
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I think the filters are funny and I don't want to see change because anyone takes this stuff too seriously.
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Now is not the time for a vote, we need strong and stable leadership.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

My warped sense of humour. Have Eldritch filtered? :lol:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I must confess that, as someone who was a fully-paid up member of the Von camp in the Great Split Debate, I found the filters most amusing when I eventually got online and read HL. However, like many I find "that joke isn't funny anymore" but that's probably partly because having researched the split in some detail, I now realise that my view of events in 1985 was somewhat naively one-dimensional, and the previous object of my derision has clearly matured and trimmed some of his more pompous excesses over the last fifteen years. I also think removing both may tempt back some great but currently lapsed HLers.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: I also think removing both may tempt back some great but currently lapsed HLers.
If their spite against The Sisters as they are now and against everyone who just doesn' like the m*****n could be removed like some asterisks within a word, I would fully agree.
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Fully Agree :)
mh
Above the Chemist

God bless us who have little better to be worrying about :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

In the end it is up to everyone to write it down as desired.
That guitarist - do it
The m*****n - Its still possible, people
The joke - thats it!
love is just a shot away
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i wouldn't care either way if it wasn't for the fact that if we get rid of them it will be because of this interview. for starts, what wayne says in the interview isn't true. plenty of mission fans who have successfully trolled HL cann attest to that. the swear-filtering is an in-joke for the amusement of Heartlanders, and anyone dumb enough to take it seriously probably has a low opinion of us anyway; and maybe we shouldnt give a shit about those people's opinions. the swear filter is easily deceived using inserted BB code for those who want to see those name's displayed correctly in their posts.

on the other hand, i wouldn't want wayne, the m*****n, or their fans to think that they (wayne, the m*****n, and their fans) are more important than they actually are or that we really give a shit about any of them; being, as they are, yesterday's chip-wrappings. so ultimately i vote to get rid of them on the strength of that. but whichever way the vote goes is good enough for me.

for the record: i don't blame wayne for the Sisters splitting and if it was down to him so what? we got floodland which we wouldn't have if they'd stayed together and then we got a live band (vision thing era) that was in many ways superior to what we had after Marx had left.
that isn't the reason i have a problem with wayne. in fact apart from the unforgiveable atempt at stealing the name The Sisters Of Mercy -a name he had no right to- and the subsequent Sisterhood name fiasco -for which he was justly humiliated, both publicly and finacially- mostly every other problem i have with him comes down to the stupid/embarrassing things he has said and done since the sisters split; up to and including this interview.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i wouldn't care either way if it wasn't for the fact that if we get rid of them it will be because of this interview. for starts, what wayne says in the interview isn't true. plenty of mission fans who have successfully trolled HL cann attest to that. the swear-filtering is an in-joke for the amusement of Heartlanders, and anyone dumb enough to take it seriously probably has a low opinion of us anyway; and maybe we shouldnt give a shit about those people's opinions. the swear filter is easily deceived using inserted BB code for those who want to see those name's displayed correctly in their posts.

on the other hand, i wouldn't want wayne, the m*****n, or their fans to think that they (wayne, the m*****n, and their fans) are more important than they actually are or that we really give a shit about any of them; being, as they are, yesterday's chip-wrappings. so ultimately i vote to get rid of them on the strength of that. but whichever way the vote goes is good enough for me.

for the record: i don't blame wayne for the Sisters splitting and if it was down to him so what? we got floodland which we wouldn't have if they'd stayed together and then we got a live band (vision thing era) that was in many ways superior to what we had after Marx had left.
that isn't the reason i have a problem with wayne. in fact apart from the unforgiveable atempt at stealing the name The Sisters Of Mercy -a name he had no right to- and the subsequent Sisterhood name fiasco -for which he was justly humiliated, both publicly and finacially- mostly every other problem i have with him comes down to the stupid/embarrassing things he has said and done since the sisters split; up to and including this interview.
This, for someone who writes lyrics that would embarrass a 13 year old he has a mighty ego about himself. Pity as some of the music is good but the words are just an embarrassment.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol