Should this man be our next political leader?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Should this man be our next political leader?

Poll ended at 10 Oct 2006, 15:59

Why not, he makes some sense and my "tolerance" is strengthened by his words.
33%
Uhhh, no, he's scary.... but I do like heroine...but No, I'll stick with whiskey
67%

Total votes: 3
DarkAngel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

[quote="eotunun"]You have to face the fact that europe is not part of the united states, [quote]

Here you are making a presumption that I believe Europe is part of the U.S. - could this be your prejudice talking? Of course I do not perceive any other country as part of mine. I never have.

[quote="eotunun"]and another fact, which is that the media of the united states have tended to claim the US had invented civilisation. Neglecting efforts of others (and thus, their own!). [quote]

Another presumption eotunun. Just because I am an American does not mean I believe the U.S. invented civilization. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

[quote="eotunun"]Yo´ll find out that a lot of times fact got distorted to "apatriotic" sounds.[quote]

I already know that some historical facts of ours have been distorted which gives me enough perspective to realize that historical facts have most likely been distorted everywhere.

I find the presumptions you make very interesting and completely untrue. I can only hope that my presence here will open everyone's eyes to the uniqueness of every individual, regardless of their nationality, and that we will stop making assumptions about anyone's motivations or thinking. This is a first step in starting true dialogue between people, between nations.
eotunun
Overbomber

Gosh, could somebody please turn of the typo-counter for my last post (I promide I won´t be writing emails and icq-messages next time I post here.. :oops: )
@ Angel:
Between persons, yes. You are welcome.(For example you are welcome to explain to me why americans who don´t know me call me a nazi.. (Doh! Ranting again..))
Between nations? Hardly so. The thing is that you and me probably will have it fairly easy to agree with each others opinions-with 10000 of your neighbours it may be a bit more difficult, not mentioning mine.
I´ll rather see to getting to bed now, before I reach another typo-highscore. (oh, and: It´s [/quote] at the end of a quote.. :wink:
There is shadow under this red rock
boudicca
Sister Midnight

DarkAngel wrote:And your responses say volumes about you. I have found some Heartlanders to be welcoming and respectful of me and my opinions. You, unfortunately, are not one of them. :urff: And so, this is my last and only post addressing you directly.
Uncalled for. But I'm sorry, you won't be getting an equivalent response from me.

My personal views on you are neither here nor there - they do not belong on this forum. I made a genuine attempt to address your points and engage you in an argument. It can be hard when dealing with someone who expresses views you find deeply offensive, not to stray into something more heated, but I really don't feel I did make a personal attack on you. If I had it would be very straightforward, you would know. I'm not even going to start now that you have expressed your (apparently negative) personal views on me.

I will only say I find this very disappointing. Healthy argument can be a wonderful thing - to see it take ill is not groovy.
These are important issues, far bigger and more important than you or I, and it saddens me if we cannot address them.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I always avoid these threads personally :oops:
eotunun
Overbomber

tststs...
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Sorry - I'm a bit late for this thread:
DarkAngel wrote: Should this man be our next political leader?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G99_wqfPLXI
I don't believe he's standing for election, so no he shouldn't be our next political leader.

Glad we got that sorted.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

lazarus corporation wrote:Sorry - I'm a bit late for this thread:
I don't believe he's standing for election, so no he shouldn't be our next political leader.

Glad we got that sorted.
:lol: :lol: were the f**k were you 105 posts ago... :lol: :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

weebleswobble wrote:

Glad we got that sorted.
drying out my humour ;)
eotunun
Overbomber

:notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

lazarus corporation wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:

Glad we got that sorted.
drying out my humour ;)
Arid....... :innocent:
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
9while9
Slight Overbomber
Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I always avoid these threads personally :oops:

Bauhaus fans are always ok in my book...... :D
"An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why." - William Faulkner

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

eotunun wrote::notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Seconded :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr