Autograph or touch from a celeb?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:
Purple Light wrote:Much like Norm, a lot of mine would be Leeds United players past & present.
Get this one, Purple - autographed Billy Bremner book! Awesome :notworthy: :notworthy: and an extra :notworthy: for the Wee Ginger Man, RIP.
Nice Norman, very nice. :D

I've got Chapman, Strachan & Batty books autographed but I'd swap em all for a Bremner one. :notworthy:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Back in t'early part of this decade. I used to live in the Sefton Park area of Liverpool ( all boheimians and bloody students). At the end of my road was Mannering Road, in that road lived three girls, those girls were...Atomic Kitten ! The record company put them in a shared house round the corner from the Pink recording studios co-owned by Any McLusky of OMD. So to reach the studio, Atomic Kitten used to walk past my living room window every day - they were nothing to look at in them days in the middle of a wet and grey tuesday in mid October I can tell thee! McClusky was always in Lark Lane, thankfully not doing that stupid dance of his.

At one point- a curly haired girl moved into the flat above me with her boyfriend He was some Irish lad who played the part of a rapist on Hollyoaks and she went onto star in 'Two Pints of larger..'on BBC 2 ! Both their names escape me - but she was a top bird.

I went to the same school as Craig Charles ( he was a couple of years above me)! West Derby Comp in Liverpool.

I once sold Paul ( the one with the mousatache) a harmonica from Frankie goes to Hollywood and guitar strings to Gaz Top ( the one time Alarm roadie). when working at Hessey's Music in Liverpool.

blah blah blah..want any more ? hahahaha

peace out.
Oh and I once spilt orange juice all over Simon Hinkler on their tour bus and shared a hotel room with Craig Adams who spilt alot of beans on the Sisters split..ssssshhh I never said that.
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Must learn not to skim read.
I though Ramone wrote:shared a hotel room with Craig Adams who spilt alot of beans on the Sisters quilt
Never trust a messy eater.
анархия
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

Imran Khan... he was a bit scary, actually (to a 14 year old at the time).

Much better, though, Dave Gilmour. When I was 15, he was on the same flight as me to LAX. When we got off, I handed him my cassette inlay of The Wall, and a pen, and he duly signed with very good humour.

In both the above cases, the gentleman in question had to remind me to take my pen back!
lumano
Road Kill

Great post, indeed.

Brendan Perry, authograph and a shake of hands.

I went to have dinner before his concert and a friend of mine told me: "it's him... bald, but it's him!!!"

So we bothered him a couple of minutes... Nice guy.

Regards.

Luis
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

it completely slipped my mind yesterday -fuck knows how because it was a day in hell- but when i was in the cubs i was unlucky enough to be chosen to represent my pack and meet the queen on an official visit to leicester. it entailed standing in a freezing cold gale in shortsfor four hours while HM (who was running late) sat eating peasnts eyeballs or whatever indoors with her dickhead husband and a load of cicvic arse lickers.by the time they eventually came out to where we were waiting on the bloody roof i was so cold i couldn't make my fingers bend sufficiently to do the cub-scout salute. :evil:

i still allowd her to shake my hand though -wouldn't have wanted to spoil her day. :innocent: :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:it completely slipped my mind yesterday -fuck knows how because it was a day in hell- but when i was in the cubs i was unlucky enough to be chosen to represent my pack and meet the queen on an official visit to leicester. it entailed standing in a freezing cold gale in shortsfor four hours while HM (who was running late) sat eating peasnts eyeballs or whatever indoors with her dickhead husband and a load of cicvic arse lickers.by the time they eventually came out to where we were waiting on the bloody roof i was so cold i couldn't make my fingers bend sufficiently to do the cub-scout salute. :evil:

i still allowd her to shake my hand though -wouldn't have wanted to spoil her day. :innocent: :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've shaken hands with the Queen! That is deeply, deeply hilarious on so many levels I do believe I'll be pissing myself well into next week.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Ramone wrote:Back in t'early part of this decade. I used to live in the Sefton Park area of Liverpool ( all boheimians and bloody students). At the end of my road was Mannering Road, in that road lived three girls, those girls were...Atomic Kitten ! The record company put them in a shared house round the corner from the Pink recording studios co-owned by Any McLusky of OMD. So to reach the studio, Atomic Kitten used to walk past my living room window every day - they were nothing to look at in them days in the middle of a wet and grey tuesday in mid October I can tell thee! McClusky was always in Lark Lane, thankfully not doing that stupid dance of his.

At one point- a curly haired girl moved into the flat above me with her boyfriend He was some Irish lad who played the part of a rapist on Hollyoaks and she went onto star in 'Two Pints of larger..'on BBC 2 ! Both their names escape me - but she was a top bird.

I went to the same school as Craig Charles ( he was a couple of years above me)! West Derby Comp in Liverpool.

I once sold Paul ( the one with the mousatache) a harmonica from Frankie goes to Hollywood and guitar strings to Gaz Top ( the one time Alarm roadie). when working at Hessey's Music in Liverpool.

blah blah blah..want any more ? hahahaha

peace out.
Oh and I once spilt orange juice all over Simon Hinkler on their tour bus and shared a hotel room with Craig Adams who spilt alot of beans on the Sisters split..ssssshhh I never said that.
Mannering Road, that's the street I live on. Mclusky can still be seen down the Lane as well as The Artic Monkeys (recorded stuff in Pink Studio)
Loads of groups who wanna be The Coral.
Best person met down Lark Lane (In The Albert) was ALex Cox with Joe Strummer, my mate ran home and got his Repo Man soundtrack on vinyl for ALex to sign. I think Mr Strummer found that highly amusing
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

Rafster
Amphetamine Filth

i can top all the above....

i have a signed photograph of john leslie witha right cheeky grin on his face

also one of chris barry in gordon brittas mode.

i win
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Just remembered, I was given a copy of In Search of the Pleasure Palace - Disreputable Travels by Marc Almond by my sister's friends. They had Marc sign it. :notworthy:
jay

I went round to John Squires house near Manchester about two years ago with my mate who'd just directed a video for him and had Xmas lunch with his wife and parents.
This video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOIOBUB_gZI

Also hung out with Hawkwind when I was 17 as I was producing artwork for a fanzine, think it was Hawkfrendz, my art was complete and utter psychedelic bollocks and Hugh Lloyd Langton was pissed off cos I drew his nose a tad too large, the others were very cool though.
Last year took Supergrass to the Bumper bar in Liverpool
My mate Graham who produced Welcome to Sarajevo took me to The Groucho Club and we got well and truly s**t faced and people assumed I was a celeb cos I'm Northern and kinda scruffy, met Damon Albarn and whole host of minor rock dweebs (minor in my world anyway)

esox
Road Kill

Rafster wrote:i can top all the above....

Before anyone does, please don't anyone say a bad thing about him - I think he's suffering from Parkinsons from all the press stress - that's the only explanation for his shaky camera work
Been a while, ahem
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Muppet wrote:My wife gets the occasional email from Julianne Regan - does that count?

it's sufficiently intimate with a fave yesteryear goddess of mine to make me feel like a sweaty teenager again. :notworthy:
So how the hell do you think I cope then? I had my Julianne phase(d), believe me... so when an email lands in our inbox from her, it's all I can do (I quote) "stop myself feeling like a sweaty teenager again!" :D

On a similarly lame theme, I once was stood in a queue outside a Ghost Dance gig (Plymouth, Oct 86, If I remember correctly) and was stood next to a rather drop dead lovely lady, with red hair. Being a shy bugger back then, I said nothing.

Cut to about three hours later, and there she was on stage. Singing. With Ghost Dance.

Which made me think:

1) Bugger!!! I'd been stood next to Anne Marie, and said nothing!!!!

and 2), which has only now occured to me...

Why the hell was she queing for her OWN GIG??!!! :?
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
James Blast
Banned

She was queueing for her own gig because GD were trousers. Either that or, you were daft and/or on drugs.

Does that sort out years of turmoil? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Autograph or touch? I'd prefer a reply to a letter.

I actually wrote a really long letter to Genesis P-Orridge recently, and then realized I had no clue what his address was. :urff:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I had Craig Adams' phone number on my mobile, which was "gifted" (ho ho) to me by Mr. Ray, who had used the phone already and had left the address book intact when he gave me it.

And what did I do? Deleted it of course... thinking "What the hell am I ever gonna want to ring Craig Adams for?" :lol: :roll:

God I'm smart. Only now do I think of how I could have made a small fortune flogging it to you lot :twisted:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote:I had Craig Adams' phone number on my mobile, which was "gifted" (ho ho) to me by Mr. Ray, who had used the phone already and had left the address book intact when he gave me it.

And what did I do? Deleted it of course... thinking "What the hell am I ever gonna want to ring Craig Adams for?" :lol: :roll:

God I'm smart. Only now do I think of how I could have made a small fortune flogging it to you lot :twisted:
Craig Who?

Mr.Ray what?

I talk to God all the time, but more importantly he talks to me :eek:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I met Toni Halliday from Curve in 1995 when she was playing with the band Scylla. She signed a load of my Curve records for me. I was shaking like a leaf. She's very short btw.

Claude Sarne from 12 Rounds sent me a load of Polygram promo stuff and a copy of the (then) new album on Nothing Records for her appreciation of the fact I bootlegged their Reading 96 appearance.

I've had a beer with Cian from Saints Of Eden (ex-Nefilim) as he's a good friend of a friend of mine.

I'm friends with Flow from Eyelash (a good up and coming rock act, they play a lot in London). But that won't mean anything to most of you guys!

I've made coffee for Bob Hoskins, Alan Whicker, Zoe Wannamaker and a few other people when I did some work experience at a recording studio in London years ago. I also found out that "Angus Deaton is a c**t" from one of the guys who worked there.

And I met all the lovely guys and gals from Heartland at the Sisters gigs and the 1st Heartland meet.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

I like this thread! Nice read. :D

Once shook hands with Hollands best soccer player ever: Johan Cruyf.

I had a talk with Steve Irwin in his zoo in 1993 before he got famous. Recognized him a few years later.

Had a chat with Rudeboy Remmington (Urban Dance Squad) at a festival in the early 90's.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Badlander
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote: I talk to God all the time, but more importantly he talks to me :eek:
I hear voices and they tell me to burn things.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
scotty
Overbomber

esox wrote:

Before anyone does, please don't anyone say a bad thing about him - I think he's suffering from Parkinsons from all the press stress - that's the only explanation for his shaky camera work
H**yscum...........that's Twice I've had to wright that this morning :evil: :evil:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
jay

Was art director on a photo shoot in the South of France earlier this year and the models were all badly behaved (and celebs, I suppose) but the worst behaved was the photographer (another celeb I suppose) who required me to include in his expenses his drug dealer and a rented jeep which he then crashed.

weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

also one of chris barry in gordon brittas mode.

i win
As my wee one says Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-Nah!
  • Lee met the Queen
    I talk to God (He talks to me)
    Claire does things with phones :eek:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
boudicca
Sister Midnight

weebleswobble wrote:Claire does things with phones :eek:
oi!... wot... eh?!?!Image
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote: