Belgian HL Invasion!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

By the way, IZ, are you aware that day in numbers is 24/2? So I take it Daniel's invited as well, right? ;D
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Ahráyeph wrote:
James Blast wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:MacHeartland 'n Fries'
with Salad Cream? :wink:

PS. MacHeartland 'n Fries has been done, by some ging~er FUD in Leeds :?
Too bad. I was merely thinking of it since fries are associated with Belgium (except in the minds of some ignorami, who are unfamiliar with the verb 'to french' and call them freedom fries for some reason or another since some time ago :twisted:). IZ seems to be thinking up a storm, though, so I'm sure we'll have a name soon... ;)
"The Damage Done" is so cheap and sounds more like a name for the afterparty...

"Too Much But Never Enough"?

"MyMainLand Tour 2007" is too broad a term for a Flanders Trip...

"Heartland Jocks meet Belgian Waffles" is a bit rude mebbies...

I'll keep on thinking...

IZ.
Last edited by Izzy HaveMercy on 27 Dec 2006, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

Ahráyeph wrote:By the way, IZ, are you aware that day in numbers is 24/2? So I take it Daniel's invited as well, right? ;D
I hope he is, then the three of us could hold a 'baldiness' contest! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

How about 'MacHeartland Bites For Greater Good'? :lol:
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:By the way, IZ, are you aware that day in numbers is 24/2? So I take it Daniel's invited as well, right? ;D
I hope he is, then the three of us could hold a 'baldiness' contest! :lol: :lol: :lol:
's gonna be difficult to keep Daniel out in the first place I fear ;D

He's rather enthousiastic about our little project and after the favor he did US, we'll be glad he comes over and attend. But he's a very busy man, and I fear a small gig in a s**t like Lier ain't enough to lure'im :)

IZ.
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
My Dominion wrote:That is my birthday :!:
Cool! ;D

You can share the costs for the gig then :twisted:

You are so welcome! Give that man a badge!

IZ.
Thank you Izzy.
A badge that would be nice :lol:
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Are we any clearer on what the tryptich of cities will be :?:

Lier, Antwerp and...? Brussels? Gent?
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I managed to miss this entire thread until now!!! I fancy coming to this as well. Not sure if I can just now but I'll try to work out the logistics tomorrow when I'll actually have some time to do so. At any rate, a HL (& FGG) weekend in Belgium sounds like an opportunity not to be missed! If anyone can provisionally help out with lifts (I would be doing the Prestiwick-Charleroi thing if I were to come), sharing hotel room costs / offering crash space elsewhere, I'd be most grateful.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Are we any clearer on what the tryptich of cities will be :?:

It's all possible, I guess. Personally, I'd of course like you guys to see where I hang out, which is Leuven, but that would probably be strictly a night affair, because of all the bars at the Old Market. There are sights to see, like the Old Beguinery (for those who love old buildings ;)) and some other things. What it comes down to, is that we probably all would like you to see where we live and get pished or the city of our preference, but that's just not going to happen over the course of three days. So it just depends on where you guys want to go to, methinks...
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:I managed to miss this entire thread until now!!! I fancy coming to this as well. Not sure if I can just now but I'll try to work out the logistics tomorrow when I'll actually have some time to do so. At any rate, a HL (& FGG) weekend in Belgium sounds like an opportunity not to be missed! If anyone can provisionally help out with lifts (I would be doing the Prestiwick-Charleroi thing if I were to come), sharing hotel room costs / offering crash space elsewhere, I'd be most grateful.
You'd be most welcome to grab the final seat I have available if you're coming over with James and Claire to Charleroi...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Yeh! Andrew's coming! Wouldn't be a proper continental jaunt if he didn't turn up :notworthy:
Ahráyeph wrote:
boudicca wrote:Are we any clearer on what the tryptich of cities will be :?:

It's all possible, I guess. Personally, I'd of course like you guys to see where I hang out, which is Leuven, but that would probably be strictly a night affair, because of all the bars at the Old Market. There are sights to see, like the Old Beguinery (for those who love old buildings ;)) and some other things. What it comes down to, is that we probably all would like you to see where we live and get pished or the city of our preference, but that's just not going to happen over the course of three days. So it just depends on where you guys want to go to, methinks...
I'm open to suggestions to be honest (steady now!)... if the Belgian Contingent can come to some kind of agreement on What The Islanders Really Must See, that'd be tops. I've heard nice things about all these places so I don't have any particular preference. Where's the best bar/club-wise?
Obviously logistics will come into it too, and my local geography is not too hot (all I know is, when I pass through Belgium on the motorway most years, I see a sign for a town called Weirde :lol: ).
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

You can ditch the english flag too James, don't want anyone thinking I'm patriotic. How about a nice Man United badge :lol: :twisted:

You need to get out more James :wink: :lol: :P :notworthy:

Will confirm my attendance asap. It's a cost thang. :roll: :?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Can't believe that I missed this thread. Maybe it was because of the title.. :twisted:

Thanks for pointing it out to me mates. You know who you are... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Izzy HaveMercy

This gets Better and Better!

The Planet and the Bearded Scotsman as well (well, maybe)!! :notworthy:

As for the Places To See...

Antwerp is a must, I think. Not only to make Zeno feel important (;D), but because it is a very nice town.

Lier is nice enough, but is is also rather smallish. It has some nice pubs and it has a lovely walkaround on the circumvallations and dikes (note sp.!) which is just the thing after a good night of boozing!

Then again, plenty to see here.

Leuven, well, if I have to be honest, it is more a Summer place. The Old Market is the ideal place for the Summer Holidays, sitting on the terraces sipping a beer and enjoying the buzz.

My option would be Ghent. Brussels is also nice, but Ghent has more second hand record shops ;)

OTOH, so has Antwerp... (Zeno, don't forget to take the lot to the Melkmarkt in the direction of Paardenmarkt! They can gawp at FatKat et al...)

IZ.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:Image Image
:lol: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy:

Oh I love it! Just a question though, you missed the "e", but it's because my name is too long right?

Another request too please, could TourGuider also have one or else the jealously will start... :innocent:

Thank you Mr. Blast! :notworthy: ;D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
christophe
Overbomber

Antwerp is a Must.
I figure we could best visit that city on Saturday. Its not that far from Lier and we’d have a whole day to sightseeing.
We could have the after party (or the after after party) in lier itself.
for other city’s I would go for Gent, lots to see and the logistics aren’t a hell like leuven or Brussels.
(no Zoersel becaus there is nothing to see here anyway :lol: )

@ MadameButterfly. We are in need of a tourguider, can you wake him :lol:
Another Shade of You.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

christophe wrote: @ MadameButterfly. We are in need of a tourguider, can you wake him :lol:
:lol: Well christophe, he is at work today and may be having lunch around now, but I'll pass on the message! :lol:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Certainly something to look forward to 8)
scotty
Overbomber

If I was going, what would my tag look like?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
eotunun
Overbomber

scotty wrote:If I was going, what would my tag look like?
I smell something soft! and it seems to get softer? Keith´s resistance?
;D
There is shadow under this red rock
Izzy HaveMercy

eotunun wrote:
;D
Something with 'IT whizzkid' on the back ;D

IZ.
christophe
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
eotunun wrote:
;D

IZ.
wat? no kittens? :P
Another Shade of You.
eotunun
Overbomber

christophe wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
eotunun wrote: I smell something soft! and it seems to get softer? Keith´s resistance?
;D

IZ.
wat? no kittens? :P
IT whizzkittonado?
;D
There is shadow under this red rock
christophe
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:IT whizzkittonado?
;D
Herr Blast :!: we have a winner :lol:
Another Shade of You.
James Blast
Banned

Corrections#1
Image Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele