Usage of the N word

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote:Regarding the Arabic word: are you referring to a word that begins with the letter K, and also refers to a variety of lime?
I believe so, yes.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

I had no idea that it was used as a racist term (outside of the connotations that 'infidel' already has). You learn something new everyday :)
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:eek: I had no idea that the K word was referred to as a variety of lime!
Good heavens. And indeed sultan2075 it's a word used as a racist term. Oh well we learn from each other then I guess. :lol:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Surely it's religist rather than racist, no? Anyone can be an unbeliever, regardless of his tan.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

EvilBastard wrote:Surely it's religist rather than racist, no? Anyone can be an unbeliever, regardless of his tan.
Indeed although where I know it from the idiots using the word don't even know what it means. And they use it in a racist way. Oh well when I was a young goth they also used to label us satanists :roll: :lol:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

EvilBastard wrote:Surely it's religist rather than racist, no? Anyone can be an unbeliever, regardless of his tan.
The way it is used in SA is not the same as its literal meaning.

After all, the literal meaning of the n-word this thread was originally about is just 'black'; it's not the literal meaning that's the problem, it's the racist connotations.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

There was a classic bit on Howard Stern a couple of years ago about insulting and offensive bumper stickers..

the winner ..

I Love Niggers !!

It was guaranteed to offend everyone. White racists who would think you were a liberal [whoops, i did a racism] lover. Blacks (obviously) and people in general who find the word offensive on so many different levels.

The object was to drive a car around Harlem and some were in the Deep South to test out their theory, but sadly it never materialized.

I think I 'm going to have to email the show and reignite the topic :)

"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I remember watching an altercation over here recently - there was a guy with a bumper sticker that said something like "If I'd known it was going to be this much of a problem, I'd have picked my own damn cotton". He was waiting at an intersection and a couple of guys started pounding on the car and yelling.

I would support the idea of Howard Stern trying this out, on the condition that he took Dennis Leary with him - maybe we can get both of these idiots out of the pool.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Francis
Overbomber

Blazing saddles. 'Nuff said.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Ramone

"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Ramone

Now then!! If you want to see where the inspiration for the now classic movie Blazing Saddles came from here's the trailer for the very short lived Richard Pryor black exploitation movie 'Boss [whoops, i did a racism]' !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Fig_LoBy4

Do you reckon they'd show this today!!!
:lol:
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

This album would definatly get banned. :lol:
Do I Look Like A People Person?
Ramone

Andy Christ 666 wrote:This album would definatly get banned. :lol:
I'm off to trawl Ebay..I've gotta get that album :)