"New" Box-Set

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

mh wrote:Buying them can help convince the record industry that the Sisters remain a viable prospect. More sales = more recognition = a better chance of the missing stuff being reissued and a better chance of new stuff eventually seeing the light of day (at least so far as the record industry side is concerned; :von: is another matter entirely).
you know it's a bullsh!t and yet you still writing this.
James Blast
Banned

I LOLd :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

Faith brothers, have faith :P
Another Shade of You.
mh
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:
mh wrote:Buying them can help convince the record industry that the Sisters remain a viable prospect. More sales = more recognition = a better chance of the missing stuff being reissued and a better chance of new stuff eventually seeing the light of day (at least so far as the record industry side is concerned; :von: is another matter entirely).
One has to have irrational hopes to cling to. ;D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Quiff Boy wrote:
Amazon wrote:Label: Warner Music International
i doubt warner care if they are a viable prospect or not, they're just milking out the last bit of cash they can from their ageing cash cow before it ceases to yield anything :(
Oh, we know this point of view, but who is Warner? A record company just
giving proof they see some profit come their way by another release of
stuff they've sold a few times before already ... and they are so sure of their
profit, they don't think it necessary to add some incentive for possible buyers ... they KNOW it will sell ...
_emma_
Overbomber

mh wrote:
Bartek wrote:
One has to have irrational hopes to cling to. ;D
:lol: You know, I think that hoping that The Sisters will ever release anything new is a lot like hoping that an alcoholic spouse will stop drinking (and I've been through both so I am in th position to compare): one just has to go through all those hopes and dreams and wishful thinking and bitterness and tears and illusions and disillusionments etc. before one finely finds peace in oneself and discovers that:
1. what there is is all that there is
2. things are the way they are
3. one has no power to change things and one finally has to face it
4. being demanding, expecting, blackmailing etc. has worsened the state of things a lot because
5. love is the key, the clue, the answer and the core of it all and
6. if one had started with love instead of demands, expectations, blackmailing etc. things would be different and probably much better today
7. but one couldn't, then, so
8. it's OK, the way it is. :)
;D :kiss:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Well said _emma_ !!! Couldn't agree more.

I love :von:
I love TSOM
I love the music
I love the feeling it gives me everytime I hear it
I love dancing to this music when ever I hear it
I love that this is the band I love regardless.

That's true love. ;D

** Oh and I love HL the people I have gotten to know and to love within these walls as members or mods or admin. The whole global loving of people in all places in the world and being in their cyber lives like them in mine, just gives a wonderful loving feeling. That should also be said. :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

nah, cunts that treat us like cattle
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:nah, cunts that treat us like cattle
*grabs you by the ears and washes you mouth out with soap no water*
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

I hit girls, and I am way bigger than you
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Big does not necessarily mean fast ... and you could be in the minority ... :D ...
James Blast
Banned

but you're a total menace or git as we say :|
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

not now not here take it to PM please. :roll:
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Intellectual Love God

James Blast wrote:but you're a total menace or git as we say :|
,,, ;D ...
James Blast
Banned

Get Bent!
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

*yawns*

take it to PM you two. forfuckssake fullstop
that ongoing eternity
_emma_
Overbomber

Is that the HL effect in full bloom? :lol:
Well, "love" is a cap that fits all. Mine is small and can only cover myself, my cats, and Von. :?
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Must be the very long cold winter we are all having!

If ever a time of love or new songs to be written or thought about I would guess in this time of cold. The pondering and wondering. Next step is the love in bloom when spring will appear and then spring the beginning of the next six months of hopefully jolly weather for some when shades are on and the weather outside is nice and bearable. That kind of thing.
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

what the hell are you blathering on about?
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

seasons and feelings and stuff.
that ongoing eternity
Ghost
Road Kill

Bleh, saw them for sale about a week ago here in Portugal at a Fnac store. It was in a display along similar packs for other bands with that "original album series" brand.
Nevertheless, for anyone new to them it's great value and way cheaper than the remasters box.

With this late noughties emo vampire overbombing, surely some fresh g0ths will want to check this band. This is assuming new generations would even consider buying cds, of course.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

... or be interested in music rather than killing ...
robertzombie
Overbomber

Has any remastering been done? Which version of F&L&A is in the pack?
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Mr Blast,I love reading your posts mate!!!!
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
James Blast
Banned

I say as I see ;D
~ Peter Steele