London - Roundhouse - November 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Booked a hotel,Premier Inn Kings Cross. £79.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Looks like it has sold out.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

the-happening wrote:Looks like it has sold out.
Didn't this venue have a 3300 capacity? This sounds very strange. Well, couldn't go to this one even if I wanted to, but still...
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:
Didn't this venue have a 3300 capacity? This sounds very strange. Well, couldn't go to this one even if I wanted to, but still...
In fact, it even says so on the venue's website

http://roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/produ ... s-of-mercy

... ;D ;D ;D ... Congrats to The Sisters ...

but for me: oh no ... :( ... why did I have to wait too long ...Image ...

Well, hopefully I manage to make it to Groningen ...
pikkrong
Overbomber

And I still don't know if I could come or not.
do i drive
or am i driven
the-happening

euphoria wrote:
Yes it is about that capacity, I think the increase in ticket sales will be down to the venue (superb venue, for the size probably the best in London) and also their set at Sonsisphere was well received so they may have picked up a few floaters / old fans and new ones who are coming along.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Debaser
Overbomber

Well, that's made my decision for me. Was umm-ing and ahh-ing. Sunday night is a school night but I did want to go to the Roundhouse to see someone/anyone. Will wait for 'someone else' who's on either in the holidays or on a Saturday.

Organising one's gigs is a veritable minefield, I tell you :lol:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote:
Is that a pretty good crowd for a Sisters gig in London these days? Apart from festival gigs - what kind of size venue do they normally go for these days?

They were down to play the Powerstation in NZ, and that is around the 1000 mark - although it does feel a lot smaller than that.
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

Luckily we got ours on Friday, so, Roundhouse here we come. Even got a nice little hotel just across the roar fron the gig, so just a short stagger back after.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Has anyone else (apart from Koen) received their tickets yet? I ordered mine at the Roundhouse box office months ago and am still waiting...
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
_emma_
Overbomber

Same here, I'm still waiting too. I ordered mine from seetickets along with the Glasgow ticket (you know the story), and after my Glasgow ticket story and after getting to know some stories from other people who were dissappointend with seetickets too, I promissed myself not to buy any ticket from their site ever again full stop. :|
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

Andrew S wrote:Has anyone else (apart from Koen) received their tickets yet? I ordered mine at the Roundhouse box office months ago and am still waiting...
Same here...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Received this email from Seetickets a couple of weeks ago.

Dear MR GREEN,

We apologise for the delay in despatching your tickets for your recent order.

You booked to attend THE SISTERS OF MERCY on SUNDAY 13/11/2011

You ordered the following tickets:

Reference 0000000 : 2 LEVEL ONE DOWNSTAIRS STANDING made on 12/07/2011

Your tickets will be despatched as soon as we receive them, normally 14 days prior to the event.
Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive, if they have not arrived 5 days before the event contact us on 0871 220 0260
Please do not contact us earlier as we will not be able to give you an exact answer until closer to the show.

Which surprised me,because I ordered them from the Roundhouse website and not Seetickets at all!
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"

we fall to rise
czuczu
Overbomber

czuczu wrote:Posted: 4th May 2011, 12:53
They generally don't print and send them until 2 weeks before the show :)
_emma_
Overbomber

Seetickets are crap, it's a fact. They forgot to add the name of my country (!) on the envelope, which is why my Glasgow ticket arrived to my mailbox several days AFTER the gig, because it was dispatched 2 weeks before the gig without the name of the country even though I had ordered it months in advance! As I was queueing at the box office before the gig to obtaing my duplicate, the lady in the box office had an entire list (like 2 or 3 A4 printed pages) of people who were screwed by seetickets and therefore entitled to duplicates. Luckily she found my name quickly enough for me to make it to the front row.
Also I heard about a friend who followed Morrisey (entire tour) and ordered all those tickets from seetickets - apparently she also complained that she had many problems with them.
So this is why I'll avoid them in the future. :evil:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I can't even find the confirmation mail. Doh.

Anyone got an idea what it should say in the title? :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote:Received this email from Seetickets a couple of weeks ago....

Dear MR GREEN,

...Which surprised me,because I ordered them from the Roundhouse website and not Seetickets at all!
Damnit! :evil: If I'd known the Roundhouse were using Seetickets as an agent, I wouldn't have bothered booking through them! At least the London date isn't mid-tour, so my ticket SHOULD turn up in time.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Sita

Oops, thought I had all the time in the world to get me a ticket...

Any kind Heartlander who's got a spare ticket, puhleeeease PM me :cry: :notworthy:

Glad for the Sisters though! :D
frederik
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:Same here, I'm still waiting too. I ordered mine from seetickets along with the Glasgow ticket (you know the story), and after my Glasgow ticket story and after getting to know some stories from other people who were dissappointend with seetickets too, I promissed myself not to buy any ticket from their site ever again full stop. :|
same here...

:wink:
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

Only used Seetickets once before and they were fine, got the tickets in less than a week.
Atoms
Road Kill

Hello everyone, I'm new here, so please tell me off if I'm breaking forum rules with this post. I did a quick search and looked at the FAQ, but didn't see anything about spare tickets.

I bought two tickets to see the Sisters assuming a particular friend can come with me. Unfortunately it turns out that he bought two tickets to see a different band (Opeth) assuming that I can come with him. Both bands are playing on the same day, so now I have a spare Sisters standing ticket since nobody else I know likes this type of music. :(

I'm not attempting to make any profit at all and am simply looking to pass this spare ticket on for the price quoted on the ticket. If anybody wants it, please send me a message and I suppose I can give it to you in the queue? I'm a 22 year old Asian girl, so it certainly won't be difficult to identify me there. :lol:

EDIT: Oops I just saw Sita's post above.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Atoms wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new here, so please tell me off if I'm breaking forum rules with this post. I did a quick search and looked at the FAQ, but didn't see anything about spare tickets.

I bought two tickets to see the Sisters assuming a particular friend can come with me. Unfortunately it turns out that he bought two tickets to see a different band (Opeth) assuming that I can come with him. Both bands are playing on the same day, so now I have a spare Sisters standing ticket since nobody else I know likes this type of music. :(

I'm not attempting to make any profit at all and am simply looking to pass this spare ticket on for the price quoted on the ticket. If anybody wants it, please send me a message and I suppose I can give it to you in the queue? I'm a 22 year old Asian girl, so it certainly won't be difficult to identify me there. :lol:

2 points:

1) welcome to heartland :D

2) anything you might do (within legal limits :lol:) to help the sisters fan community is happily encouraged, including selling on your spare or unwanted tickets... as long as you're not a scalper, which i see you're not ;)

so yeah. hello. and see point #1 again.

and thanks for offering to help sita :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Atoms wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new here, so please tell me off if I'm breaking forum rules with this post. I did a quick search and looked at the FAQ, but didn't see anything about spare tickets.

I hope your friend isn't a Devin Townsend fan as well,he is also playing a gig in London that night!

we fall to rise
Atoms
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote: 2 points:

1) welcome to heartland :D

2) anything you might do (within legal limits :lol:) to help the sisters fan community is happily encouraged, including selling on your spare or unwanted tickets... as long as you're not a scalper, which i see you're not ;)

so yeah. hello. and see point #1 again.

and thanks for offering to help sita :notworthy:

Yep I was worried people might think I'm some dodgy ticket tout. I sent Sita a PM, so I'll see what she says.
Atoms
Road Kill

ribbons69 wrote:I hope your friend isn't a Devin Townsend fan as well,he is also playing a gig in London that night!
No, luckily I don't think he is. I'm still gutted about not seeing Opeth though, because I really like them too - but I had to prioritise!