Wayne on the Sisters.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nork1
Road Kill

centurionofprix wrote:I think his voice is perfect now for the industrial groove machine thing. While he can't do the bellowing bits like he used to, on a good day he rumbles and howls like a bastard. I guess it's a matter of which style and which songs to go with it you prefer.
With lungs like kippers I think the bellowing days are long gone. It's more tar gurgling now.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:I think the gasp tends to be more prominent on the bootlegs than it is in reality. Maybe the sudden high end gets emphasized somehow, I don't know. Either way, a stonking rendition of Summer wouldn't be the same without it.
No. It would be better. :wink:
Basically, I clearly prefer what you call the Yealping Style , because Von never ever overdoes it,
to the Pushing The Hard One Style which I find a waste when used too often, and yeah saddening
when used too far.
But with Summer, now that I imagine just a clear voice without any of both, I agree ... :eek: ... oh wow ...
I can almost hear it, could be very real ... but anyway, I also love it as it is.
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:I think the gasp tends to be more prominent on the bootlegs than it is in reality. Maybe the sudden high end gets emphasized somehow, I don't know. Either way, a stonking rendition of Summer wouldn't be the same without it.
No. It would be better. :wink:
Basically, I clearly prefer what you call the Yealping Style , because Von never ever overdoes it,
to the Pushing The Hard One Style which I find a waste when used too often, and yeah saddening
when used too far.
But with Summer, now that I imagine just a clear voice without any of both, I agree ... :eek: ... oh wow ...
I can almost hear it, could be very real ... but anyway, I also love it as it is.
This is begging for someone to edit a version "sans yealps".

Anyone?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote: No. It would be better. :wink:
when used too far.

Anyone?
Hey, that's nothing that can be edited ... :lol: ... it is either sung - or not.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote: Basically, I clearly prefer what you call the Yealping Style , because Von never ever overdoes it,
when used too far.

Anyone?
Hey, that's nothing that can be edited ... :lol: ... it is either sung - or not.
Somebody already did.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Pista
Cureboi

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote: This is begging for someone to edit a version "sans yealps".

Anyone?
Somebody already did.

IZ.
Are you reading my mind?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Pista wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Being645 wrote: Hey, that's nothing that can be edited ... :lol: ... it is either sung - or not.
Somebody already did.

IZ.
Are you reading my mind?
:lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
jparton
Road Kill

How do you judge a band?

Quality of their live show?
Recorded output?
Rock n Roll shanagins?

Since 1985 I can't see how Von tops Lovelock on many, if any, of that.

I don't buy into Wayne making the Sisters (Reptile House and Temple of Love was the peak IMHO) but jesus see through the dry ice and recognise how crap the Sisters have become....

You never hear someone coming away from a m*****n live show disappointed. Fact.
sultan2075
Overbomber

In fairness, I never hear someone coming away from a m*****n show period.

I just don't run in those circles I guess.

I think Von is a better lyricist then Huss.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

jparton wrote:How do you judge a band?
... :lol: ... most likely because people listen to their records or at least try so, or they watch a vid of them on YT and decide rather not to go ... :lol: ...
Last edited by Being645 on 06 Sep 2011, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:In fairness, I never hear someone coming away from a m*****n show period.
:eek: Ouch! That is so mean!
... and true :lol:

This discussion reminds me of Madonna's brother, the one who wrote the book about her. He is convinced that he was the genius behind her early live shows, and that she became s**t when she stopped working with him. So far so good, but the real funny thing is, some Madonna fans think it makes sense :lol: ...
Madonnabrother/Wayne's significant artistic contribution = the artistic equivalent of Conspiracy Theory.
centurionofprix

Quality of their live show?
Recorded output?
Rock n Roll shanagins?

Since 1985 I can't see how Von tops Lovelock on many, if any, of that.

I don't buy into Wayne making the Sisters (Reptile House and Temple of Love was the peak IMHO) but jesus see through the dry ice and recognise how crap the Sisters have become....

I don't think many people have come away disappointed from the recent Sisters shows I've been to, unless they didn't get the band in the first place and expected it to be some sort of satanic goth thing. The July gig in Helsinki had rave reviews from the press, for whatever that's worth, and rocked the crowd. The live show kicks.
mikeyv
Road Kill

Hi all,

I have just finished talking with george(m*****n manager)
And as an agent I have never had a reply like that.
I had always reserved judgement on the wayne and craig leaving
The sisters, but I now see why von wouldn't want anything to do with them.
I have a large collection of mish stuff which will now dispensed of,
I am that disgusted.

Mikey
James Blast
Banned

did I miss something?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

mikeyv wrote:Hi all,

I am that disgusted.

Mikey
I'll have it.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
paul
Overbomber

mikeyv wrote: The sisters, but I now see why von wouldn't want anything to do with them.
I am that disgusted.

Mikey
Are you feeling cheap and abused now ? :lol:
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
... :lol: ... most likely because people listen to their records or at least try so, or they watch a vid of them on YT and decide rather not to go ... :lol: ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I´ve seen the miss.... about 6 times.... 3 of them were superb,but the other 3 were f**king s**t....

join a band and trying to get rid of ...the one that created IS VERY LOUSY

I would have paid for seeing the Wayne´s face when he had to pay the 25.000 pouns.... the pity is that he wouldn´t have to pay much more

the thing is: :von: doesn´t want to know about him since long time ago, but Wayne tried to go to his show in brasil(with the GUESS LIST :innocent: ) AND LOOKING TO SEE IF A REUNION COULD BE POSSIBLE.
(a reunion will be with Craig Adams, Ben Gun and Gary Marx, WAYNE IS NOT FOR THE ORIGINAL LINE UP,HE CAME IN 1984)

so if Andrew forgot about him about 25 years ago,why wayne not??

I think is a Wayne´s problem

about who´s better??? A MATTER OF TASTE

FOR ME IT´S CLEAR, ANY OF THE m*****n ALBUM CAN APPROACH A LITTLE TO FLOODLAND FOR INSTANCE
AND ABOUT LIVE SHOWS I KNOW THE SISTERS CAN DO BAD SHOWS NOWDAYS,BUT WHEN ONE IS GOOD(FOR INSTANCE CRAMMEROCK LAST WEEK END)THERE´S NOTHING BETTER....

JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION ABOUT THIS BLOODY SUBJET THAT SINCERILY IS GETTING BORED EVERYTIME IS DISCUSSED
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Being645
Above the Chemist

dtsom wrote:
Being645 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I´ve seen the miss.... about 6 times.... 3 of them were superb,but the other 3 were f**king s**t....

join a band and trying to get rid of ...the one that created IS VERY LOUSY

I would have paid for seeing the Wayne´s face when he had to pay the 25.000 pouns.... the pity is that he wouldn´t have to pay much more

the thing is: :von: doesn´t want to know about him since long time ago, but Wayne tried to go to his show in brasil(with the GUESS LIST :innocent: ) AND LOOKING TO SEE IF A REUNION COULD BE POSSIBLE.
(a reunion will be with Craig Adams, Ben Gun and Gary Marx, WAYNE IS NOT FOR THE ORIGINAL LINE UP,HE CAME IN 1984)

so if Andrew forgot about him about 25 years ago,why wayne not??

I think is a Wayne´s problem

about who´s better??? A MATTER OF TASTE

FOR ME IT´S CLEAR, ANY OF THE m*****n ALBUM CAN APPROACH A LITTLE TO FLOODLAND FOR INSTANCE
AND ABOUT LIVE SHOWS I KNOW THE SISTERS CAN DO BAD SHOWS NOWDAYS,BUT WHEN ONE IS GOOD(FOR INSTANCE CRAMMEROCK LAST WEEK END)THERE´S NOTHING BETTER....

JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION ABOUT THIS BLOODY SUBJET THAT SINCERILY IS GETTING BORED EVERYTIME IS DISCUSSED
:lol: :notworthy: ... of course, opinions on this subject differ as much as taste ...

On the other hand, I had not yet found a pretty formulation like yours before that
dtsom wrote: ... if Andrew forgot about him about 25 years ago, why wayne not??
Bad conscience?

:lol: ... Anyway, I'd like to know the words to describe the strategy you've employed there ... :lol: ...
and of course, I agree perfectly with your view of any reunion and of taking over other people's band ...

Only one point: the "nowadays" of gigs with bad sounds and so on ended in 2009!
Nowadays, The Sisters' gigs sound wonderful, all like that one at Crammerock or even better ... They have done something about it, and effectively ... ;D ...

Of course, one day there will surely be another bad gig, where things go terribly wrong.
But this will only be one of these days, and by far no longer the standard that was attributed to them so often in past times.
Sita

Fortunately I missed out on the whole bad sound phase, but I always wanted to ask, so I'm gonna start a new topic on it
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I am that disgusted.

Mikey
George isn't Wayne. George can be a complete twit sometimes and tends to say stupid things without thinking first. That's not Wayne's fault.
dtsom wrote:join a band and trying to get rid of ...the one that created IS VERY LOUSY
An interestingly revised version of history there. Wayne joined the band for a couple of years. The he left (after everyone else had already gone) and parted on fairly amicable terms with Von. They fell out later over a stupid publicity stunt. Wayne never tried to get rid of Von.
dtsom wrote:the thing is: :von: doesn´t want to know about him since long time ago, but Wayne tried to go to his show in brasil(with the GUESS LIST :innocent: ) AND LOOKING TO SEE IF A REUNION COULD BE POSSIBLE.
Which surely makes Wayne the better man. He was prepared to try and get on (remembering that their last meeting before that had been on good terms). Von behaved rudely.

Wayne's hardly a saint, I know, but he was in the band, made as significant a contribution as anyone else, left and got on with his life. The vitriol some fans continue to throw at him never ceases to amaze or disappoint me.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

stufarq

Wayne created a group that the name was the same name as the sisters fan base. SOUND INTERESTING RIGHT??

that he left after everyone had already gone??
as far as i know Craig and wayne was in the sisters untill the end of it(END OF THIS ERA@ royal albert hall) AND WHAT A CASUALITY, AFTER THAT, HE AND CRAIG STARTED TO TOUR WITH A BAND CALLED THE SISTERHOOD

do you consider that he parted on fairly amicable terms with Von???

SO FOR ME THIS IS LIKE THEY WANTED TO APPROACH THE SUCCESS OF THE GROUP, CREATING ONE WITH A FAMILIAR NAME BUT WITHIOUT ANDREW..... FOR ME THEY GOT RID OF VON

AND IF SOMEONE DO ME THIS, I DON´T WNAT TO KNOW ABOUT HIM-HER-THEY.......... IN ALL MY LIFE
Last edited by dtsom on 06 Sep 2011, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Sita

Oh but admit it, having someone else to message another person about a ridiculous guest list is not a friendly gesture. It's the allure of either a) a 13 year old, or b) a 78 year old wannabe diva.
christoff87
Road Kill

Have to say that when I saw the m*****n in 2007 (Glasgow ABC) it was a good gig marred by the fact that the sound failed at least twice. However I've been fortunate to see the Sisters twice this year (Leeds and Glasgow) and on both occasions were brilliant.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

An agent, eh ? Did you have to break the bad news to Jerry that his audition for Celebrity Big Brother had been unsuccessful ? :lol:

Be honest, you wouldn't be surprised to see the arch self-publicist turn up on something like that, would you, swigging liberally from a bottle of beaujolais as he swaggered his way into the BB house !
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stufarq wrote:Wayne's hardly a saint, I know, but he was in the band, made as significant a contribution as anyone else, left and got on with his life. The vitriol some fans continue to throw at him never ceases to amaze or disappoint me.
Yeah me too.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell