At the World's End

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Pista
Cureboi

It's on now & we just got a snippet of TOL :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

It was on TV yesterday and watched Shaun of the dead for the first time, loved it
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

The new film The Guest (featuring some bloke who was in Downton Abbey apparently) released this weekend in the UK apparently has a TSOM song on the soundtrack (to create an 80s vibe according to one review I read).
Anyone know which song it is ??
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Anyone know which song it is ??
Nope. Nor does imdb
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:The new film The Guest (featuring some bloke who was in Downton Abbey apparently) released this weekend in the UK apparently has a TSOM song on the soundtrack (to create an 80s vibe according to one review I read).
Anyone know which song it is ??
I have been looking for it everywhere, but found no info on which song it will be, only this:

"The soundtrack is incredible, with Wingard and his music supervisor digging deep into eighties synth catalogs, with obscure tracks by bands like Clan of Xymox and The Sisters of Mercy, mixed with newer tracks and a great synth score by Stephen Moore."
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Mystery solved - and a great choice, Emma.
Is that not a longer running time than the original ?
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/09/05 ... k-details/
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Could be from the Radio 1 session, IIRC that was longer than the released version.

I've checked: The radio session version is 7'14", even longer still!

The version on Dominion is 6'21" so maybe they just ripped it from vinyl with a slightly slow deck?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anyway... I watched it. Finally ;D

I loved it.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Saw this on twitter

A momentous night for Simon Pegg (& Gary King). He finally meets Sisters Of Mercy lead singer, Mr Andrew Eldritch.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Just to add, that photo was tweeted by, and presumably taken by, Edgar Wright, the director of "The World's End" (and the other two films in that trilogy)
Pista
Cureboi

& here is is with Chris

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity