The new guitarist

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Nonesuch wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:so: is this new Gary no.9 or 10 gittarister? I make it around there (thats not including Choque in floodland vids/tv appearances, or Sisterhood personnel) but for hygene reasons ive kept my socks on.
I'm pretty sure Choque Hosein (The Hollow Men/Salvation) never did any TV appearances with the Sisters - wasn't it Eddie Martinez at that time during the Floodland promotion?
isnt choque in the this corrosion video?
that's Eddie Martinez playing guitar in the video

and it was Danny Mass (of Salvation) in the TC video
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Nonesuch
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:that's Eddie Martinez playing guitar in the video

Is Danny in the video? I've just watched it again and still can't see him :oops:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No I can't see Danny in the TC vid either.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

Thank God others didn't recognise him either. I was trying to spot the old Ted too.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Pretty sure Gary's in there though
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mh
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:Pretty sure Gary's in there though
Wouldn't be the Sisters without him.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Quiff Boy wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Nonesuch wrote: I'm pretty sure Choque Hosein (The Hollow Men/Salvation) never did any TV appearances with the Sisters - wasn't it Eddie Martinez at that time during the Floodland promotion?
isnt choque in the this corrosion video?
that's Eddie Martinez playing guitar in the video

ah ok thanks for that Barry. :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

On live page "equipment"(with new pictures and lnks) have been updated aswell. Scroll down!
http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/news/livenews.html
GC
Slight Overbomber

Depprocksfarfar wrote:On live page "equipment"(with new pictures and lnks) have been updated aswell. Scroll down!
Picture was taken with a 2005 mobile phone. FFS :von:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

GC wrote:
Depprocksfarfar wrote:On live page "equipment"(with new pictures and lnks) have been updated aswell. Scroll down!
Picture was taken with a 2005 mobile phone. FFS :von:
That'll probably be why Ben was asking on Facebook for any of the press photographers who had pics of Dylan from that night to contact him.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Interesting. I’m a sucker for Eastwood guitars, even though I don’t own one (I do have a late 60’s Univox Hi-Flyer bass though).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
copper
Amphetamine Filth

Cubase.

The cheeky sod gets on with recording the minute Chris leaves :roll:
Being645
Intellectual Love God

copper wrote:
Cubase.

... :lol: ... Sure? Maybe it's the 97' version ...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote: That'll probably be why Ben was asking on Facebook for any of the press photographers who had pics of Dylan from that night to contact him.
Love the power in that Temple video in the comments section 8) and also the burning light effect on Ben's guitar during the Dominion solo.
copper wrote: Cubase.

I wouldn't take that as a sign he intends to record anything, more that the band can nowadays earn money on endorsing companies on the Web. Because I really do assume he gets paid for it, per click or in other form (free equipment).
sultan2075
Overbomber

euphoria wrote:
I wouldn't take that as a sign he intends to record anything, more that the band can nowadays earn money on endorsing companies on the Web. Because I really do assume he gets paid for it, per click or in other form (free equipment).
Perhaps. Though I did take a gander at the Eastwood page, and they're not listed on the artist endorsement page (FWIW). Beautiful instruments, though.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah yeah yeah, the Sisters are in the studio again. Wake me up when :von: decides to actually bother recording any vocals. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

he probably just uses Cuebase to programme the Doktor. no evidence or likelihood of anything else.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:he probably just uses Cuebase to programme the Doktor. no evidence or likelihood of anything else.
Or the Doktor uses Cubase to programme him. :von:
copper
Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:he probably just uses Cuebase to programme the Doktor. no evidence or likelihood of anything else.
Infinitely likelier, yes.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Turning 40 today, is he?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/inationoffi ... e_internal

Regardless, happy birthday Dylan, you've made a very promising impression so far :notworthy:
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Oh, that's convenient, he's listed the beginning of his job at the Sisters as the 19th of March.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

d0gbones wrote:Oh, that's convenient, he's listed the beginning of his job at the Sisters as the 19th of March.
Interesting, that's more than I see, but then I'm not on Facebook so I guess it has something to do with that.