Some Kind Of Demos

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

FMAMMY wrote: 24 May 2023, 06:31
g44fr wrote: 23 May 2023, 11:29 Tobias, no chance for a “better reptile” cover ?
as far as I know there's just fragments of available lyrics for Better reptile but if the lyrics appear some day I'll give it a try :)

I got it fully transcribed in midi already, just saying :innocent:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
DJW
Road Kill

A massive thank you for recording these - they may be the closest we get! Particularly liked DDOI, but most of all it’s helped me to appreciate how great On The Beach is. Didn’t get into it from the live recordings but it’s a real ear worm! 🙏
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I find the vocals a bit monotonal and doomy for my taste, but the instrumental and production effort
is perfectly listenable and shows what can be achieved these days without expensive studios - and implies
what wonders Eldritch might achieve with current technology if he turned his attention to it - studio or not.

I suspect the existence of such "tributes" won't encourage Eldritch to record a new album,
in fact probably the opposite ("the real sisters are a live act these days, various second rate tribute recordings
exist online but we don't associate with them" etc)

Listening to studio recordings reminds me of their meaning and gravity - of my worn out WEA cassette
tape of Floodland that I listened to until it nearly fell apart, back in the day.

If a new album was released by the band I think it would have the impact of a bomb,
at least to true sisters fans. Others, who knows these days.

P.s. the intro to Kiss the Carpet reminds me of Massive Attack's "Angel", which can only be a good thing. Two percussive master pieces.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Ocean Moves wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 03:19 I find the vocals a bit monotonal and doomy for my taste
So did I initially, but I’ve really come around on Tobias’ vocals. I quite like them now.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
satanarchist
Road Kill

a strong effort, bravo