Alice 2004

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mh
Above the Chemist

But there is some connection, right? All of your posts have been in 2 Alice remix threads and you've been singing the praises of these remixes (and little else). So come on then, try something else to prove this wrong. What do you think of the new songs? What's your favourite track on VT? Body Electric 82 or 84? Currently eating?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DomConway
Filth

pikkrong wrote:I'd like to get a CD-version too... :roll:
Huge thanks in advance :wink: :notworthy:
I can do a CD for you but it probably won't be for a couple of weeks as my decks and vinyls are about 150 miles away at the moment...
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Andy TG
Overbomber

I have a question!

Are there any lovely, kind and generous people here who will putting a decent MP3 copy of the "Alice 2004" remix 'online' somewhere? ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

AndyTheGoth wrote:I have a question!

Are there any lovely, kind and generous people here who will putting a decent MP3 copy of the "Alice 2004" remix 'online' somewhere? ;-)
for me too :kiss:
DomConway
Filth

AndyTheGoth wrote:I have a question!

I can do that too but like I say it'll be in a few weeks so if anyone else can do it before then... :notworthy:
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I'm still eagerly awaiting me bloody copy!
I ordered it at dotVinyl, but it seems they are rewriting the site.
GRRRRRR!

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

ok, for all you lovely People, I have just ripped the first side of the single to MP3 @ 320kbps.

This will be available on my FTP site: ftp://cellthree.myftp.org/

It will only be up for a limited amount of time.

Those of you lucky enough to have UserIDs will be able to grab it at a max of 15k/s and will find it in my Other Songs folder, the rest will find it at the link above, but will only be able to download at max 3k/s. The file is 18.1mb. I think I have managed to activate the Resume thing on my FTP software, but I'm not sure if it works.

I will be running this from about 21:00 - 21:30 tonight and all day tomorrow until around 15:00 - 15:30.

The sound isn't that great, mainly because of the way I recorded it. I hooked up my record player directly into the Line In port of my soundcard. I had to boost the sound a lot using Goldwave, hence the hiss. Usually I would have just played it on my stereo and hooked it up to my computer which would have got rid of the hiss, but my stereo is currently in a different room and hooked up to too many other things to even attempt to move it at the moment!
I've tried some of the filters in Goldwave and Soundforge, but can't get rid of the hiss properly, it always seems to give it a flange effect. If anyone has some instructions on how to de-hiss using either of these programs then let me know!

The reason for not doing side B is that I'm really not too happy about the sound, but if you guys are happy with it, then I'll do the other side as well.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

CellThree wrote:ok, for all you lovely People, I have just ripped the first side of the single to MP3 @ 320kbps.

This will be available on my FTP site: ftp://cellthree.myftp.org/

It will only be up for a limited amount of time.

I will be running this from about 21:00 - 21:30 tonight and all day tomorrow until around 15:00 - 15:30.
Ready and waiting!
Cheers
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

ok, FTP is up now! A bit later than advertised...
24.24.2.489 Deceased
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I'll probably leave it running now until 3pm tomorrow afternoon...
24.24.2.489 Deceased
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Looks like some people are having problems getting this file off me. Looking at the log I only had one successful transfer all night. I've put it onto Soulseek. Just do a search for my name (the same way it is spelt here with the capitals and everything) and have a look in my Sisters folder.

Sorry about that everyone who tried...
24.24.2.489 Deceased
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Or go HERE

Which I'm sure you'll agree will be a little easier. Don't know how long this will be up for though as NTL may have issues with MP3s or something.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Good work
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Thanks C3 for your tekkie abilities. Just downloaded and gave it a listen.

It's cr*p whatever genre you want to categorize it as. Pure Cr*p designed to part you with your Money!

Good going Barman Blast and Shivarising...for calling it, against the popular opinion, for what it is.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Andy TG
Overbomber

@ CellThree - Thanks very very much for putting that *cough* "Gem" on line! - Your a Star!

I will give my opinion once I have had a listen to the MP3 :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
dokter funker
Road Kill

black planets an idiot livin in the past
hallucienate
Overbomber

Thanks C3! Mine is shared.

I'll keep my opinion to myself in fear of being call "an idiot livin in the past"

boof-tish-boof-tish-boof-tish-boof-tish-boof-tish-boof-tish-boof-tish-boof-tish-boof-tish-boof-tish-boof-tish-boof-tish
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The general consensus is that we're all idiots living in the past I take it?

I only got 1 min 35 sec in before switching off in disgust.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Ah well, we're idiots livin' in the past.
Funker is a moron livin' in the present.

Ain't the world a nice place? :-D

Hey Funker, mebbe YOU can ask those beatches from DotVinyl.com where MY copy is? Ordered it two months ago, still haven't seen a record from them. Site seems to be re-constructed.
Nice policy.
I liked the past better, then. In the 80s, everything came right on time...

D-uhhh.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i played a snippet of it to mr marx a while ago and he smirked a little then seemed to enjoy it. :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

dokter funker wrote:black planets an idiot livin in the past
I'm an idiot living in the past?

Nice one. You've resorted to name calling instead of posting a rational defence of the song. Now I'm going to do what I always do to the rude....Ignore you.

Thanks to those of you who are living in the 80's with me.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

dokter funker wrote:black planets an idiot livin in the past
Hm. Seems MR. DF is rather stuck in a Happy Hardcore timewarp. Sounds like Scooter meets the Sisters - and guess who wins. Now if it got the Dirty Vegas treatment then that would be interesting. Even the Mish 'Swoon' mixes are better then this.

8)
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Dear God. It's awful.

Cheap, though. At least no-one spent a lot of time or effort on it, which is quite reassuring.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Body electric
Road Kill

Hi, haven't posted in awhile but had to after giving this alice 2004 a listen. The mp3 that Cell Three put up did not have enough bass in the 4/4 beat does it really sound like that on vinyl? Anyways besides the lack of bass the song was not overly produced and kept the momentum of the original minus the guitar work and vocals. It is a clever mix and it would work in some darkwave/goth clubs that play crossover electronica like front 242's new one and some stuff off of metropolis records.
can anyone upload the dub version? I would like to hear that one as well!

cheers.
the original body El
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I'll be putting up the b-side as soon as I've copied it.

I didn't put any EQ on it at all when I copied it, just boosted the volume. Literally had the phono connected up to my line in port.

It isn't very good.

I'll be taking the a-side down tomorrow.
24.24.2.489 Deceased