The Cure's new single.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

The Cure come, The Cure go at least they still release product.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Red Sunsets wrote:The Cure come, The Cure go at least they still release product.

Oh well hello there, you.
one day at a time
James Blast
Banned

Hey, I bin in touch, where yuh bin?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Me Gods!

I agree with Red here,they come they go,but they do release product.....

Unlike SOME bands....

Anyone want a bet?

There are more posts on the C*** Single Subject in total than there are Airplays on National Radio???

6 - 1 odds on in Yam Yam Bookies PLC.... :lol:
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
flowersdie
Road Kill

d00mw0lf wrote:End of the World is definaly growing on me. Lost is still my fave from the new album. Before three and Us Or Them are kinda fab too.
Doomie OTM! The new single makes more sense in the context of the album, they should still have released Taking Off instead tho'. I thought 'Lost' sounded like the best opening track to a Cure album since 100 Years last night. (Mind you, I was a bit squiffy on red wine at the time)
I never saw you again
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I love it. For a band who've been going for so long it sounds great mon. My fave is Anniversary.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
lily
Road Kill

Just in case you havnt heard it yet, heres a link to listen to the Cures new albumhttp://www.hyperlaunch.com/thecure/theC ... rrang.html
Mr McCoy - Did i tell you how good you looked?!!
James Blast
Banned

Quality link lily :notworthy: :D
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Agreed! :notworthy:

Means I can actually listen to the album while still waiting for Play.com to deliver my copy.....
Mrs. Snowey

I know ! will inevitably buy it, but I've seen 2 versions in t'shiny disc shop: one in a normal jewel case, and another in a nice cardboard digipak. With space for 2 discs inside. Unfortunately the only gen on the cover about it was PC system requirements, so presumably it's one of those "enhanced CD" jobbies.

But what is actually on it? And is it worth another £3.50? :?: Anybody know?
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Mrs. Snowey wrote:I know ! will inevitably buy it, but I've seen 2 versions in t'shiny disc shop: one in a normal jewel case, and another in a nice cardboard digipak. With space for 2 discs inside. Unfortunately the only gen on the cover about it was PC system requirements, so presumably it's one of those "enhanced CD" jobbies.

But what is actually on it? And is it worth another £3.50? :?: Anybody know?
I think this is the version I've ordered from Play.com - it comes with a "bonus DVD":

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=ti ... tle=174712
James Blast
Banned

Special Features

Bonus DVD:
Lost [DVD Video]
The Promise [DVD Video]
Truth Goodness And Beauty [DVD Video]
~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey

Cheers guys :D :notworthy: :D

(Now all I've got to do is find the cheapest place to buy it :lol: )
James Blast
Banned

@ Mrs. Snowey play.com
~ Peter Steele
Dave R

Here comes the embarrasing retraction....

Spent an hour in our local HMV today, doing the usual things, looking under 'S'in case the Sisters had sneaked one out...

DJ in there (is it a DJ or just a tape??) was playing the Cure's Greatest Hits...

I actually found myself enjoying it!!!!! :oops: :oops:

Is it hindsight that make em' sound better or just the sheer lack of quality around today? either way it was a great change from the Faceless Tekno Bollox they usually churn out in record shops.

After all i have said bout t'cure!!

Still can't bring myself to buy their products though.... :wink:
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Mrs. Snowey

@ RS Cheers! :D

Trouble is, they've got lots more stuff that I'm after: Spaced, Phoenix Nights, pre-order Star Wars etc. etc :eek: And that's all the cheapest I've seen too.

Bugger.
James Blast
Banned

I knew I'd feck up somewhere :(
~ Peter Steele
flowersdie
Road Kill

My tickets arrived this morning(!), but they were meant have tickets to the brickhouse aftershow thing with them, and haven't.

Is anyone going to the aftershow thing/does anyone if there are any tickets available for it or anywhere that is open till late? Looks like we have to stay in Manchester till 2am and spend 1 and half hours in Sheffield as the last train back to leicester is 8.30pm :(

I think I'm changing my mind on the new album. The really dark, heavy stuff is what works best. I would have liked to have heard the missing 5 songs that weren't included that Robert Smith was talking about in this months Uncut, 'The boy I never knew' sounds very interesting indeed!
I never saw you again
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

flowersdie wrote:Is anyone going to the aftershow thing/does anyone if there are any tickets available for it or anywhere that is open till late? Looks like we have to stay in Manchester till 2am
The Numan aftershow thing last year at the same place was pants (pokey venue, no decent beer). You're best bet is to head over to The Salisbury - it's free in, open 'til 2am, decent music ont' Jukebox and has a range of ales. It's also convenient to get to (located under Manc Oxford Road train station). That's where my posse and I will be.
The Scene won't save you...