March 14th - Chicago

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Martin
Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:
Martin wrote:In Montreal, I heard people complain aroud me, and some boos came from the balcony at the first break and at the very end of the show.
Did they have spiderwebs painted on their faces, by any chance? :lol: :von:
So a true Gothic can't applause? He must boo? You know, in 1986 when I was listening to my EPs of The Sisters Of Mercy, gothic attitude wasn't the art it has become since then. I need a little crash course…
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Martin wrote:
SINsister wrote:
Martin wrote:In Montreal, I heard people complain aroud me, and some boos came from the balcony at the first break and at the very end of the show.
Did they have spiderwebs painted on their faces, by any chance? :lol: :von:
So a true Gothic can't applause? He must boo? You know, in 1986 when I was listening to my EPs of The Sisters Of Mercy, gothic attitude wasn't the art it has become since then. I need a little crash course…
What does "true Gothic" have to do with spiderwebs painted on faces? I dunno if we're on the same page here, man...
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Martin
Amphetamine Filth

That's the point. I know nothing about today's gothic…
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Martin wrote:That's the point. I know nothing about today's gothic…
I don't know much, either. And I prefer it that way. *Shudder* :wink: :von:
Kattatonia_x
Amphetamine Filth

Well I really enjoyed this gig as well. I drove 500 miles one way to see their wonderful show and I would do it again!
LOL, and yeah I heard people complaining about the drummer situation and I just chuckled to myself a bit.

I think I was standing next to you for a bit SINsister, At the end of the gig when everyone was going for the setlists, I think I got the last one ( :
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Kattatonia_x wrote:I think I was standing next to you for a bit SINsister, At the end of the gig when everyone was going for the setlists, I think I got the last one ( :
Aha! Whose did you snag?
Kattatonia_x
Amphetamine Filth

Im not sure whose it was, I "think it might have been the one that was taped back by Andrew's Drinks.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Kattatonia_x wrote:Im not sure whose it was, I "think it might have been the one that was taped back by Andrew's Drinks.
Really large print? I've got the last half (or third)! \m/ ;D :von:
Kattatonia_x
Amphetamine Filth

that wasnt it then, mine is whole. Im just thrilled to have one!
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Kattatonia_x wrote:that wasnt it then, mine is whole. Im just thrilled to have one!

Lucky!!! ;D :P :von:
molvera65
Road Kill

Ok, now its my turn to vent. I am very surprised by the number of people that went to the show and complained about it after. I mean are we all talking about the same band here? I have a theory that these people are used to hearing the studio albums and have no other reference point to go by. Not that there isn't any resources available, ie. this forum for one! At the very least you could have a peek at the live show from 85 at the Royal Albert Hall which is pretty easy to find... in all its smoky glory. Yes there is heavy smoke at ALL of their live shows, even the stadiums, and as someone else said that is the point. I have seen them 4 times now, all in Chicago, twice in 91 (with Public Enemy!!), 98 and 06, and every time I was blown away. Im sorry that some people didnt hear "this corrosion" or "more" or that "Lucretia" or "TOL" '.. didnt sound like it does on the cd..'
next time stay home and listen to your ipod while dangling a picture of Andrew and Patricia from Floodland. ok i will shut up now...
Kattatonia_x
Amphetamine Filth

molvera65 wrote:Ok, now its my turn to vent. I am very surprised by the number of people that went to the show and complained about it after. I mean are we all talking about the same band here? I have a theory that these people are used to hearing the studio albums and have no other reference point to go by. Not that there isn't any resources available, ie. this forum for one! At the very least you could have a peek at the live show from 85 at the Royal Albert Hall which is pretty easy to find... in all its smoky glory. Yes there is heavy smoke at ALL of their live shows, even the stadiums, and as someone else said that is the point. I have seen them 4 times now, all in Chicago, twice in 91 (with Public Enemy!!), 98 and 06, and every time I was blown away. Im sorry that some people didnt hear "this corrosion" or "more" or that "Lucretia" or "TOL" '.. didnt sound like it does on the cd..'
next time stay home and listen to your ipod while dangling a picture of Andrew and Patricia from Floodland. ok i will shut up now...
Right on :von: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Badlander
Overbomber

molvera65 wrote:ok i will shut up now...
Oh no, feel free to keep talking. 8)
I'm so with you on this.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Yep. Preachin' to the choir, kids. ;D :von:
molvera65
Road Kill

Off topic..
I love that pic of Melinda Clarke from Return of the Living Dead 3, So hot, or is that from the O.C. episode when all of California blows up?
Badlander
Overbomber

molvera65 wrote:Off topic..
I love that pic of Melinda Clarke from Return of the Living Dead 3, So hot, or is that from the O.C. episode when all of California blows up?
That's Julie from ROTLD 3. All HL know I dig her now. Image
delirium74
Road Kill
Location: springfield illinois, or the town of sporadic tornadic activity

molvera65 wrote:next time stay home and listen to your ipod while dangling a picture of Andrew and Patricia from Floodland. ok i will shut up now...
hey now!
we had our ipod :wink:
but i know what you mean, i heard a lot of the same things.....but you know what? let them be a@@holes......
and if you didnt like the show, you didnt like the show.....expectations probably werent met.....
...what? you mean its not a purple rooster????well crap...
wgahnagl
Road Kill
Location: Next to a highway surrounded on the other three sides by corn fields.

Yeah, Ben's solo on Something Fast wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad either, and he had some pretty sweet moments through out the show. Everytime I heard a sweet bit of guitar, I'd always turn my head left and see him playing. He's also still a relatively young guitarist, and only can get better. I suspect, being part of the industrial groove machine is doing wonders for him. Plus I love his guitar influences and he has the utmost respect for my favorite guitarist, so he's cool in my book. And he's a damn nice guy.

If anyone's interested in my review, which was a remarkably postive one, feel free to do so at http://wgahnagl.livejournal.com/.

But in response to those who didn't like the show, I wrote this a comment to someone:

"Most fans just don't get it. I was at a Blue Oyster Cult show, and the sound was horrible, but I didn't care, I was up front, almost got whacked in the head by the bass player, got to shake the hand of the guitarist who I think is awesome. You need to enjoy what you get. I had a blast, yes, I could barely see them half of the time because of the smoke, yes the sound, especially the bass was off, yes I couldn't understand half of the lyrics. Honestly, I didn't care. I was there to enjoy one of my favorite bands play for the first, and sadly, probably the last time. And that's what I did."

I have no regrets and throughly enjoyed myself at the Chicago show.
Francis
Overbomber

wgahnagl wrote:If anyone's interested in my review, which was a remarkably postive one, feel free to do so at http://wgahnagl.livejournal.com/.
:notworthy:

Mi casa, su casa.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

wgahnagl wrote:If anyone's interested in my review, which was a remarkably postive one, feel free to do so at http://wgahnagl.livejournal.com/.
Read it the other night, man - lovely. ;D :von:
wgahnagl
Road Kill
Location: Next to a highway surrounded on the other three sides by corn fields.

Thanks SINsister :)
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

\m/
Kattatonia_x
Amphetamine Filth

molvera65 wrote:Off topic..
Totally off topic here but did you see here in The series Xena Warrior Princess? She played the Rouge Amazon Queen, Valeska who went postal, interesting stuff :wink:
lol....yeah Im a scifi geek too, grin.
Badlander
Overbomber

Kattatonia_x wrote: Totally off topic here but did you see here in The series Xena Warrior Princess? She played the Rouge Amazon Queen, Valeska who went postal, interesting stuff :wink:
lol....yeah Im a scifi geek too, grin.
Only saw pics.
ImageImage
Even though I generally don't like that Xena show.
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

What happened to that girl who was scolded by the bouncers during one of the last songs? It was funny how Von handled the situation :lol:
You are very very bad people and you must be punished