Legendary bands/albums/whatever you actually don't like

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote: OhYeah - "Paddy-Punk" those wacky American kids pretending to be irish. Why? Proper Irish music is bad enough (Don't get me started on "mountains of mourne" - ESPECIALLY the bloody pan-pipe version...) but then you add bratty american punk to it - WHY?!
And the Levellers. Feck @rse cvnt b@stardy cr@p.

Shove it! :twisted:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Eden
Road Kill

Anything by Nirvana
Sex Farm Woman
I'm gonna mow you down
Sex Farm Woman
I'll rake and hoe you down

-Spinal Tap
Thea
Overbomber

Nic wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote: OhYeah - "Paddy-Punk" those wacky American kids pretending to be irish. Why? Proper Irish music is bad enough (Don't get me started on "mountains of mourne" - ESPECIALLY the bloody pan-pipe version...) but then you add bratty american punk to it - WHY?!
And the Levellers. Feck @rse cvnt b@stardy cr@p.

Shove it! :twisted:
Almost tolerable. At Christmas. When you're sick to the back teeth of Wham.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

d00mw0lf wrote:Kene were so utterly sh!t when I saw them supporting the Cure that I put my walkman on
Nice! 8) :notworthy:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

Badlander wrote:Does it mean we're more demanding now than we were then ? I don't think so. I rather think that for various reasons the talent pool was much deeper then. 8)
I think both. Of course, the vast majority of you'd hear on the radio is shallow at best. It's up to music enthusiasts to seek deeper then that and search for quality and originality.
But I also believe we've become spoiled by all the music made before, almost everything seems to be already done or invented, that it becomes hard to be new and surprise people positively at the the same time.
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
mh
Above the Chemist

I think the talent pool is much the same, but you do have to look a lot harder for the good stuff. The collapse of the independent labels in the 90s and the rise of the boy bands/Britpop thing has generally meant that you can no longer walk into your average halfway decent record shop and pick up a copy of the new Bleeding Nose Experience EP.

There are at least 3 people on here that I can think of off the top of my head who would be putting out their first singles shortly on a decent indie label with nationwide distribution if this was back in the 80s. That's not bad out of a total of 1959 or so.

It not so much the lack of talent these days, but rather the unavailability of what were once regular outlets for it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

d00mw0lf wrote:Any band that get off the stage mid-tune and try to drag people onto the dancefloor. Especially when it's 7pm, there's only five people there anyway and the band in question are a load of bleepy grunty gothw@nk. And their only fan was some sort of robot who later tried to eat the singer - possibly because he looked like asparagus with gangrene.
Was that the Cruxshadows by any chance? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Thea
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:Any band that get off the stage mid-tune and try to drag people onto the dancefloor. Especially when it's 7pm, there's only five people there anyway and the band in question are a load of bleepy grunty gothw@nk. And their only fan was some sort of robot who later tried to eat the singer - possibly because he looked like asparagus with gangrene.
Was that the Cruxshadows by any chance? :lol:
I think they were called "avoidance of doubt" or something equally silly.
But you can add the Cruxshadows too. Twice. :evil:
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

d00mw0lf wrote:And the Levellers. Feck @rse cvnt b@stardy cr@p.
Ya not bought this then? :innocent:

(I might have a rant here later)
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
Thea
Overbomber

limur wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:And the Levellers. Feck @rse cvnt b@stardy cr@p.
Ya not bought this then? :innocent:

(I might have a rant here later)
haha. Nooo... Anything to stop my cash ending up in Chadwick's "Comedy belt and tap-shoes" fund :lol:
Anyway - they're just a crap Hearts tribute band.... 8)
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Anyone mentioned Deep purple yet?God they were unbelievably sh'ite.And all the offshoots Whitesnake,Rainbow and anyone else.Crap all of 'em.
And Bloody Iron maiden.Have the fukc have they got away with it all these years?They started of quite promising but after boss-eyed Bruce joined they've put out the same tune with different words for 20 odd years.Surely even their most hardcore fans must notice.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
scotty
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote: Anyway - they're just a crap Hearts tribute band.... 8)
This my story this is my song, follow the...........
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
scotty
Overbomber

d00mw0lf wrote: Anyway - they're just a crap Hearts tribute band.... 8)
This my story this is my song, follow the...........
One of my Top Ten Gigs was a Levellers gig, superb live act :notworthy: :notworthy: , lost interest after "Leveling the Land", but that and "A Weapon Called The Word" age great records :notworthy:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
mh
Above the Chemist

Thread necromancy city!

Just reading the Adam Pearson thread, when it hit me that the MC5 are one of those bands I never "got". I know I should, and I love Spacemen 3 so I definitely should, but nah. I don't.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

Deep Purple

Oh yes!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ramone

Radiohead. I was told they were amazing. They where wrong. A Slow death played at 33rpm.

The Artic Monkeys . If Jo Whiley likes them ,that's not a good start. Awful battle-of- the- bands style student dirge you're sure you've heard before but without that ridculous Yorkshire accent thtown in. The NME has alot to aswer for.

Jamiriqiui - Oh however it's spelt it on his latest speeding ticket. Words fail me when it comes to this talentless midget whose released the same album over and over and over again!

Keane,Elbow,Embrace,Coldplay : Your not fooling anyone, your one and the same people but in different hats.

Anyone featured in the NME in the last ten years.

Babyshambles : Can anyone understand why this band is reagrded by many as 'nortorious' and the saviours of British music , Well maybe for treating their fans like sh*te and having that jail dodging fraud in the band? Can you just imagine how much he's blubbed in court so not to be sent down - it must look comical!!

There must be more, but my mind is hurting too much.
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Ramone

Radiohead. I was told they were amazing. They where wrong. A Slow death played at 33rpm.

The Artic Monkeys . If Jo Whiley likes them ,that's not a good start. Awful battle-of- the- bands style student dirge you're sure you've heard before but without that ridiculously forced Yorkshire accent thrown in. The NME has alot to aswer for.

Jamiriqiui - Oh however it's spelt it on his latest speeding ticket. Words fail me when it comes to this talentless midget whose released the same album over and over and over again!

Keane,Elbow,Embrace,Coldplay : Your not fooling anyone, your one and the same people but in different hats.

Anyone featured in the NME in the last ten years.

Babyshambles : Can anyone understand why this band is reagrded by many as 'nortorious' and the saviours of British music , Well maybe for treating their fans like sh*te and having that jail dodging fraud in the band? Can you just imagine how much he's blubbed in court so not to be sent down - it must look comical!!

There must be more, but my mind is hurting too much. I'm sure I've made this rant before somewhere.
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Stumpy Pete
Road Kill
Location: Eating a pile of Meat. But I came in to wash my Feet. Famous Potatoes!

Radiohead is utterly, fabulously, fantastically boring as s**t. Wankery.
I'm Stumpy Pete oh yes I am
I like to eat brains from a can
The other day I ate some yams
I'm Stumpy Pete oh yes I am!

I'm Stumpy Pete
So kiss my feet
They're made of wheat
I'm Stumpy Pete!
James Blast
Banned

Here, here you two. Oh, and while I'm at it U2. ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The whole 90's grunge crap, record companies finally figured out how to sell punk rock to the masses

Kate Bush: I respect her as an artist but just never got in to her which is odd considering my musical tastes

Gansta Rap: WTF is this crap, should take 'em all out and shoot them

The whole Emo thing, it's been done before and better

Radiohead: I just don't get

Kylie Minogue: How one girl has one hit in the 80's and becomes this speaks miles about Australia

Nick Cave: Too goff

Offspring, Green Day et all: RANK !
End of line.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Deep Purple
Led Zep for me.

Actually, I think I said that earlier in this thread, but I can't be bothered looking back to check.
анархия
James Blast
Banned

Led Zeppelin allas do it for me and I think I'm being quoted out of context on the Deep Purple front, they're another one I'm well into and just as it 'appens Speed King is playing on Planet Rock as I type.
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I think I'm being quoted out of context on the Deep Purple front
Apologies.
анархия
EmeraldSignal
Amphetamine Filth

I agree with spot 778 and Ramone and everyone else come to think of it..............this thread reminds me of the worst record I ever bought. iIt was some album by the very things (the enigmatic shend).....oh that and the dickies............whoah better stop - going off topic here.
Badlander
Overbomber

spot778 wrote: Kate Bush: I respect her as an artist but just never got in to her which is odd considering my musical tastes
We need to talk. :von:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you