MICE

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eotunun
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: Everyone's heard of Erwin Schrodinger's famous thought experiment. You put a cat in a box with a bottle of poison, which many people would suggest is about as far as you need to go.

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Unadulterated Cat)
Also great was when Greebo was object of a Schodinger experiment like situation. Other than the standard versions of the experiment he was in a third, unexpected state:
Pished of as hell..
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Consider the situation. There you are, forehead like a set of balconies, worrying about the long-term effects of all this new 'fire' stuff on the environment, you're being chased and eaten by most of the planet's large animals, and suddenly tiny versions of one of the worst of them wanders into the cave and starts to purr.

-- Why humans like cats (Terry Pratchett, The Unadulterated Cat)
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
There is shadow under this red rock
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Andrew S wrote:Yes, and you were sporting a rather fine Miami Vice t-shirt :notworthy: I have fond memories of Chicago, even though we only had 2 days there and it has subway stations with the same name a mile apart from each other - bloody confusing that was :lol:

Awwww! Yes, the meetup was awesome, and far, far too short!

And I've lived here for over 7 years, and only just now does the CTA system make sense, hehehe...

;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

boudicca's .sig wrote:Dat is de meest flatterende windmolen die ik sinds lang tegengekomen ben!
That is the most flattened windmill that I've seen since long Tenko came, Ben.

What?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

markfiend wrote:
boudicca's .sig wrote:Dat is de meest flatterende windmolen die ik sinds lang tegengekomen ben!

What?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try babelfish, it does quite a good job, for a change :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:

What?
Flattened! :notworthy:

That should read 'flattering' ;)

And the 'ben', to avoid any confusion, is more or less the equivalent of 'have' in the phrase 'I have encountered' (ik ben tegengekomen), only us weirdos put the auxiliary verb at the end of a sentence most of the time ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
markfiend wrote:

What?
Flattened! :notworthy:

That should read 'flattering' ;)

And the 'ben', to avoid any confusion, is more or less the equivalent of 'have' in the phrase 'I have encountered' (ik ben tegengekomen), only us weirdos put the auxiliary verb at the end of a sentence most of the time ;)

IZ.
You could go for ben tegengekomen too, obviously, but that's all just a matter of taste :lol: We just mix it up, and sometimes it has to be just in the right position other times you're free to choose. It's not really the easiest way, probably :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

*on topic* Perhaps - and I say this with caution - Claire would be interested to know there is a town in Belgium called Muizen (Mice/Meeces/Mouses/Mäuse/little rodents that, so the legend goes, have a never ending craving for cheese). No town called Pigeon, though... ;D
Last edited by Ahráyeph on 15 Mar 2007, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Ahráyeph wrote:No town called Pigeon, though... ;D
No probs, Holland has a whole island called like that :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Indeed! Duiveland... :lol:
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

so no-one will be interested in reading this then?

http://www.amazon.com/101-Uses-Dead-Sim ... 0517545160

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW i am a cat lover really!
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

If they are as appallingly funny as 'The Bunny Suicides' (which I own) even a cat lover like me would go out and buy it. The Bunny Suicides = hilarious! :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ahráyeph wrote:If they are as appallingly funny as 'The Bunny Suicides' (which I own) even a cat lover like me would go out and buy it. The Bunny Suicides = hilarious! :notworthy:
I've got all of those on my computer. They're ace indeed :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Ahráyeph wrote:The Bunny Suicides = hilarious! :notworthy:

Seconded! :lol:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry: