MARES VIVAS REVIEW

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

"Ever feel you've been cheated?"
~ Johnny Rotten
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lachert
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:"Ever feel you've been cheated?"
~ Johnny Rotten
:lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

lachert wrote:nice :D pascal forget turn off the clock or what? :eek:
It wasn't Pascal... :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
Pista
Cureboi

Anyone notice how much our :von: smiley now looks like him?

:eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Holy f**k, is that Uncle Fester on vocals?
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Thanks all for the feedback - well the constructive feedback that is! Personally, I don't feel qualified to say who the sound problems are down to but it has been a frequent issue for a couple of years now. However, as recently as the 2005 tour, the sound (with the exception of Tabor's dodgy festival sound system) was stunning! Whoever did the sound on that tour was doing something right.

As for those who feel cheated or let down, I can only say what's already been said. Stating an objective opinion is one thing, but repeatedly moaning about The Good Old Days will achieve nothing. Nobody's forcing you to listen - if you build up an artist to legend status in the first place, chances are you'll end up disappointed.

And as for the daft remarks about Eldritch being bald, give him a break - he's 49 for f**k's sake! If anything, he's in better shape than I am at 10 years younger.

Anyway, here's hoping for a great gig in Belgium! There's no guarantee of course, but contrary to popular belief these days, the Sisters still have it in them :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Yir Erse! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
paul
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote: Anyway, here's hoping for a great gig in Belgium! There's no guarantee of course, but contrary to popular belief these days, the Sisters still have it in them :notworthy:
I agree, don't take iy too seriously.
I also used to have problems with guitar sound, same setlists, disappearance of "the good old days", Von's getting old, the soundguy etcetra etcetra. Then I found out that it isn't about this, it's about having fun! I'm really looking forward to seeing the band and you people in Tienen.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:And I've been waiting for Eva's opinion and - surprise surprise - it is exactly what I've expected. :lol:
Yeah, same here :lol:
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

ok.. their won't be a new album.. cause obviously :von: ate all the earnings from previous gigs.. ;D
look at him.. some1 call Tienen in advance to reinforce the stage! :lol:
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
^Dirge^
Road Kill

hi filks

I really cannot understand how can someone say that the concert was good...

Lets be honest: Von has no voice for a long time and the musicians (if we can say that) and the worst TSoM had...

I have a decent wort for TSoM: decay!

Fortunally we have the recordings...

Cheers to all...
F :von:
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

We had a great day hanging out in the sunshine,caught some of the soundcheck (giving ground) which sounded perfect. the support bands were rubbish yet none of them had any sound problems whatsoever. We met Ben and Chris in the crowd who confirmed the Bulgaria gig and had litle else to say for themselves but were both amiable enough. Old merchandise at the stall, no new tshirts.
Quick set up then the band rushed onstage to a familiar setlist. :von: seemed pretty up for it but it was clear early on that his voice was not as it should be. At times it felt like karaoke with the guitarists doing all the singing and a barely audible :von: way down in the mix. Still was good as were fragments here and there. The crowd was mostly lost till Dominion but that was to be expected as few were there to see The Sisters anyway.Then things took a turn for the worse with :von:'s voice giving out completely and essentially being carried by the backing singers for the rest of the gig. only one liner after the mostly instrumental This Corrosion............."What the f**k was that ", oddly enough he sang (mumbled) from"I've bled all I can I wont bleed no more.......".
Volume cranked up significantly for Top Nite Out, then a great Lucretia intro, more mumbling , the end. Like watching your team get hammered at football.

oh and Pete Murphy has a comb over. :wink:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

^Dirge^ wrote: Lets be honest: Von has no voice for a long time and the musicians (if we can say that) and the worst TSoM had...
correct me if I'm wrong, but if a remember good it wasn't your first gig in this line-up, right ? if answer is: "yes" then my answer is : why the f**k you were there ?
otherwise :oops:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Bartek wrote:
^Dirge^ wrote: Lets be honest: Von has no voice for a long time and the musicians (if we can say that) and the worst TSoM had...
correct me if I'm wrong, but if a remember good it wasn't your first gig in this line-up, right ? if answer is: "yes" then my answer is : why the f**k you were there ?
and did he wear his HL t-shirt :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Like watching your team get hammered at football.
Now i see why Von is so pro St. Pauli ;-)
guns & cars & accidents
sunshine
Road Kill

I don't get you guys... Is it just your sense of humor or ... how old are you? :D I mean your talking about the bald head, diseases and stuff. What's unnatural for even a 30-year old man to get a little bit bald? :) And his head is not bald but shaven anyway ;)
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

sunshine wrote:What's unnatural for even a 30-year old man to get a little bit bald? :) And his head is not bald but shaven anyway ;)
I like you.

I like you a lot :notworthy:
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:nice :D pascal forget turn off the clock or what? :eek:
The only thing I have to say about this festival is "f**k THE G.I.S", all of them, especially the one who speak french very well. BASTARD.
See you in belgium, carry one with my "road man shows 2008" :wink:
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

who's g.i.s.? thank god i don't speak french...
guns & cars & accidents
^Dirge^
Road Kill

Bartek wrote:
^Dirge^ wrote: Lets be honest: Von has no voice for a long time and the musicians (if we can say that) ARE the worst TSoM had...
someone gave me my 10th TSoM's ticket...
Druide
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

dinky daisy wrote:who's g.i.s.? thank god i don't speak french...
Security guard !

:evil:
^Dirge^
Road Kill

paint it black wrote:
Bartek wrote:
and did he wear his HL t-shirt :lol: :lol:
dont need... I got some TSoM tshirts to wear... thank you...
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

dinky daisy wrote:thank god i don't speak french...
I used to... *Sigh* :|
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:Image

Oh dear :lol:

Last orders half past ten. And now - "love my tender, lovely stew".
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
neardark
Road Kill

Coming back from Oporto, great gig, great ambient, great people, I enjoyed myself a lot (as I always do).
It was nice to meet any heartlanders: eva, eggy, jens, pascal, diego,... and so many (forgot the names sorry).

Looking forward next Saturday.

Regards,

Domingo.
2011...on road again...