Sisters played Suikerrock

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Elise
Road Kill

great recording dtsom ! :D thank you !
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

I found it a very good gig. Good sound and nice lights and a nice setlist.
I just uploaded my video of Good Things:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GX3J45L8qQ

When I was driving to Tienen I heard on Studio Brussel some fragments of The Scabs playing at Suikerrock. Does anybody knows if Studio Brussels also broadcasted some Sisters stuff?

Peter KJ
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:
msm67 wrote:@ ghostrider...good observation. maybe :von: got wind of some the reviews of the Portugal gig on here? :innocent: :lol:
no, because that implicates he cares about HL :innocent: And it that case he would be dead scary of the SUGAR SISTER RAY - SUIKERROCK TIENEN 07.26.08 bootleg humming around already.

DTSOM: that recording is one of the best in years from the sisters. Is it your recording gear or... the band's sound? thanks anyway!
:lol: :lol: :lol: is from my own minidisc only that i bought the best mic in the market

i´ll try to edit the whole recording asap
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
mh
Above the Chemist

dtsom wrote:HERE YOU´RE:

GOOD THINGS FORM MY MASTER

AFTER HEARD IT IN MY COMPUTER WHIT LOUD SOUND THE RECORDING IS GREAT

http://www.mediafire.com/?y9iqem5we3n

gwen a pity we didn´t meet but thanks for the tickets anyway!! :notworthy:
Holy cow. :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D

That sounds bloody marvy. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Hey Diego - just found your Merchandising in my Pocket ;)

Is it possible that you've used the automatic gain setting for recording?
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:Hey Diego - just found your Merchandising in my Pocket ;)

yes. i always record in automatic

why??

is there a better way??

i´m new in this matters
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Cheers for the recording.. but as for the way it's played.. it's a bit slow, isn't it? Where are the loud raw crunchy riffs? Ah well, at least they played it.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Eva wrote:This. Was. A. Total. Mindblower. *overthemoon*

Amen.
Indeed thank you :von: you are indeed my god.

Amen...

p.s. thank you moon that i was in front and safe and fuckingwow!

Claire?!

revieeewwwww....revieeeewwwww...heehee so i'm still slightly f**ked after 2 hours sleep the gig fuckingawesome, after-party, noon lunch and lots of hot travelling so will get to my revieeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww
shortly. ;D

Seriously people maybe Andrew has stopped smoking but Koen and I saw him have a drag at the back! :wink:

I could see everything!!! ;D ;D ;D

Oh yes and if anyone every again says that Andrew can't sing! You are fuckingmad cause he does SING!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

dtsom wrote:
DocSommer wrote:Hey Diego - just found your Merchandising in my Pocket ;)

yes. i always record in automatic

why??

is there a better way??

i´m new in this matters
Yes, and this is really important, I'll explain u that via pm.
sisters-pics
Road Kill

dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

guns & cars & accidents
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@ dinky daisy... :von: need not "care" about anyone on here. I just think he's the type of person who would hear something negative about himself and do a 180, just so he could say "f**k you!". it's a classic "utterly groovy bastard" move.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

if that is true msm67, a true "f**k you!" would be: Sisters singing reggae songs with Eddy Grant today on Suikerrock...
guns & cars & accidents
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

only if everyone on here hates reggae!
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Give me dope, Suzanna, give me dope...
guns & cars & accidents
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

some of the finest s**t from Panama??
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

@ msm67 ~ no von's not like that really but...

he was doing those grooves on stage seriousley! Those smiles von, with Chris after pointing fingers about wtf is going on boy and chris jabba back and von grins walks off towards ben sideish to come up front again!

von did this really groovey move with his mic up the arm and the other arm doing a bit of a jig! and those moves with the arms...brilliant.

he was grinning and communicating with people on stage and having a ball himself....von having a jig up at the back to the right behind ben!
and andrew was moving in the dancing was too i tell thee.

christ ben! man i could really hear you too and also those chickies in the crowds that love you! you do it well ben sorry not enough light was on you but you rocked!

chris...how the hell did you do that? von waiting for you to plug in! :lol: :lol: man i saw your stress...but it was like hello? you too are such a funky man on stage that rocks and enjoys and you all did! that thingy with your shades! :notworthy: you ever dropped them with the jerk up? you were rockin' as always and it was brilliant to see...did you hear me? :wink:

tienen not tieten like i sometimes tend to say! set-up was awesome! catheral and tree as background to us and you belgium people...you are so sweet as people! your protection was amazing and the crowds went mad! if not half-naked men in the air...bodies floating on crowds!

the sisters of mercy of 2008 rocked belgium like ever a sisters concert has done...us heartlanders were front row vip expect for the press that had limited time and with the crowd of so many of you that i saw and hugged and those of you i missed...it was one that will go now in history as an eye-opener!

:notworthy: :notworthy: TSOM :notworthy: :notworthy:

ooo....and whoever sent that text message on that screen that displayed those messages left from the stage... "heartland rules ;)"

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
we love you too! :kiss:
that ongoing eternity
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@ MB...just confirms my earlier opinion that :von: looked like he was happy & enjoying himself up there. good for you that you were up front & had a great view of everything! lucky, lucky one!!! and I agree: Von is God!! :notworthy: :notworthy: and I don't care if I burn for saying that!!
Tidal
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

damn dtsom you've made my day :notworthy:
I was despairing that there would be no proper version of the legendary moment of this gig... but you did it :notworthy: Now every Sisters fan in the world can be blown off their seats by the proof that the modern Good Things was actually played :notworthy:

EDIT: noticed a twitch at 3:31, checked with my recording, there's about 27 seconds missing in yours between "good th-" after the "profit's higher" part and the last "-ings" and fadeout :|
Last edited by Tidal on 27 Jul 2008, 22:18, edited 2 times in total.
It's good to be back
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I've been waiting a LONG time to hear Good Things played live again. I wasn't disappointed :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
And for those of you who've doubted the Sisters can still cut it, may you forever burn in hell - especially those of you who still do :twisted: :lol:

Thanks a lot for sharing it dtsom :notworthy: :notworthy: I've downloaded it omto my sister's laptop - I'm sure she'll understand...
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

hmmm...with all that's being said, wouldn't this gig make a great "official" release? Live cd/dvd box set, just in time for the holidays?? :D
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

[quote="MadameButterfly

ooo....and whoever sent that text message on that screen that displayed those messages left from the stage... "heartland rules ;)"
[/quote]

my dear, :eek: :eek: you really didn't knew it was I did ya 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MUSICA È
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Listening at Good Things now...

Arhhhhhhhhh!

Goosebumps! And that voice!

Man!

This really reminds me of the slow Body Electric thingy some years ago... I love this slow but heavy version!

Schade about the glitch at the end... ;) but for the rest, TOP recording! :notworthy:

And is that you KOEN yelling like hell at the beginning? ;D (waaaah FOKK moonnnn!! :lol:)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stefan moermans wrote:[quote="MadameButterfly

my dear, :eek: :eek: you really didn't knew it was I did ya 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

hee! not only me but a few of us where like look there! Where?
There on the sign board... huh? where? wait it'll come back up...

Look! Where? THE SIGN BOARD! HL RULES ;)

...ooo...there!

I can't see that far! :lol: 8)

Who sent it? I dunno I didn't.
that ongoing eternity