Were the Apollo Moon landings a hoax?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Romans never got to the moon though.

Hey, maybe they did, and UFOs are Romans from the moon?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

according to Daniken Egyptians are from somewhere else or rather their pyramids. :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Bartek wrote:according to Daniken Egyptians are from somewhere else or rather their pyramids. :lol:
Ah - so the Egypians and The Romans originate from the moon! That proves Neil Armstrong was never playing golf on the moon otherwise he would have paired up with a gladiator or large headed emperor. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Aren't the Egyptians supposed to be from Nibiru or some sh-it?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

EDIT: really need to read ALL posts afore answering ;D

IZ.
Flushing toilets invented by the Indus Valley Civilization (c. 3000–1500 BCE, Mature period 2600–1900 BCE) : an ancient civilization that flourished in the Indus River basin. Primarily centred in Pakistan and India.
nodubmanshouts

I thought they all came from the original 12 colonies? (No doubt stopping on the moon for a nice cuppa before disembarking)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think I'm getting my mythologies confused :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
moses

markfiend wrote:I think I'm getting my mythologies confused :lol:
Tholoymyths are where it's at :lol:
eotunun
Overbomber

moses wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

EDIT: really need to read ALL posts afore answering ;D

IZ.
Flushing toilets invented by the Indus Valley Civilization (c. 3000–1500 BCE, Mature period 2600–1900 BCE) : an ancient civilization that flourished in the Indus River basin. Primarily centred in Pakistan and India.
So they were the inventors&pioneers of water polution :!: :idea:
:notworthy:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
eotunun
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:The Romans never got to the moon though.

Nope, they went psyho, hijacked an oriental mythology and built an empire still reigning the bigger parts of the industrialized world to which even those who are not part of the empire tend to obey and pay tributes. :wink:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eotunun wrote:
markfiend wrote:The Romans never got to the moon though.

Nope, they went psyho, hijacked an oriental mythology and built an empire still reigning the bigger parts of the industrialized world to which even those who are not part of the empire tend to obey and pay tributes. :wink:
Hah! Like what you did there.
—Bertrand Russell
eotunun
Overbomber

I was searching the link to the video where this plot was very neatly explained. I think it was part of the Barbarians series with Terry Jones as host. Can't find the very one right now. :|
~Rufus T. Firefly
moses

eotunun wrote:
:notworthy:[/quote]

Obviously you don't advocate there use.

Everything that humans have invented have their downsides. We live with the benefits of invention for such a short time before suffering the long term consequences.
eotunun
Overbomber

moses wrote:
eotunun wrote:
moses wrote:
:notworthy:
Obviously you don't advocate there use.

Everything that humans have invented have their downsides. We live with the benefits of invention for such a short time before suffering the long term consequences.
As long as I find trees and herbs with big leaves, why should I crap into what others want to drink? :eek: :innocent:
(Seriously, the traditional german farm houses used to have a small lake near them where the sewage of the house lead. Those lakes were shallow enough to allow reed to grow. Reed digested all that came into the lake-No stench, no poluted water. All natural. All clean. Unfortunately you need a lot of room for that! Impossible in an overpoppulated world.)
~Rufus T. Firefly
eotunun
Overbomber

~Rufus T. Firefly
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ooh cool. I shouldn't watch streaming TV at work though and can't at home.
—Bertrand Russell
eotunun
Overbomber

:|
~Rufus T. Firefly
mh
Above the Chemist

Downloading 'em as we speak! :D

@Mark - a DVD perhaps?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Would be cool... :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Phew, took a while to convert them, but 'tis done. I can either post the result (which is dirt cheap - about 60p! - so no skin off my nose if that's your preference) or give it to you on the 4th. ;)

Looking forward to watching this myself too... :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I thought that markfiend wrote:The Ramones never got to the moon though.
moses

Dark wrote:
I thought that markfiend wrote:The Ramones never got to the moon though.
The just howled at it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adecMM4N ... re=related
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

That's actually my favourite Ramones song. :)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote:Phew, took a while to convert them, but 'tis done. I can either post the result (which is dirt cheap - about 60p! - so no skin off my nose if that's your preference) or give it to you on the 4th. ;)

Looking forward to watching this myself too... :D
See you on the 4th ;)

You're a gent sir! :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell