Hussey would like to work again with Eldritch

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote:No joking, the two boys have been the best thing that's happed to the band in a long long long time.
Yep. While I wouldn't say that the Hussbag is a c*nt, (indeed he seems an awfully nice chap these days) he needs Eldritch far more than Eldritch needs him.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:
mh wrote:No joking, the two boys have been the best thing that's happed to the band in a long long long time.
Yep. While I wouldn't say that the Hussbag is a c*nt, (indeed he seems an awfully nice chap these days) he needs Eldritch far more than Eldritch needs him.
indeedy ;D

:von: :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Just a thought: I wonder whether Wayne reads these forums?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debi

markfiend wrote:Just a thought: I wonder whether Wayne reads these forums?
who is Wayne ;D
lachert
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Just a thought: I wonder whether Wayne reads these forums?
yeah, he's that kind of guy. he put some nice dress, deep purple lipstick and read it loud :eek:

reunion: :von: :kiss:
long live rock'n'roll
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:Yep. While I wouldn't say that the Hussbag is a c*nt, (indeed he seems an awfully nice chap these days) he needs Eldritch far more than Eldritch needs him.
Hardly. We know which one has actually continued to make records and show a modicum of interest in his fanbase.

I'm not saying that Eldritch needs Wayne but Wayne certainly doesn't need Eldritch.
lachert
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
markfiend wrote:Yep. While I wouldn't say that the Hussbag is a c*nt, (indeed he seems an awfully nice chap these days) he needs Eldritch far more than Eldritch needs him.
Hardly. We know which one has actually continued to make records and show a modicum of interest in his fanbase.

I'm not saying that Eldritch needs Wayne but Wayne certainly doesn't need Eldritch.
records? quality not quantity. fans? i know few m*****n fans but they are not so mind open bright ones :lol: it isn't even close to the few sisters records and fanbase 8)
long live rock'n'roll
eotunun
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:

There are some dead horses with flogging marks on them in The m*****n's stable, I wouldn't say Wayne doesn't need someone.

Seriously: What a scene that would be! Wayne on the guitar, playing This Corrosion. :lol:
Or can you immagine a jangly mucho chorussed 12 string playing Vision Thing? -Surely it would wet some oldtimer's eyes if Wayne guest starred for some classics, but I would neither want Ben nor Chris to have their efforts dissreguarded and to have to stand back for someone who's contributions mainly are a historical note.
There is shadow under this red rock
_emma_
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:Hardly. We know which one has actually continued to make records and show a modicum of interest in his fanbase.
Yup. So what? Are those criteria that determine quality to you? :wink:
mh
Above the Chemist

eotunun wrote:I would neither want Ben nor Chris to have their efforts dissreguarded and to have to stand back for someone who's contributions mainly are a historical note.
Preach it brother! :notworthy:

Now Gary and Craig on the other hand would have me squealing like a 12 year old at a Take That instore signing. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

_emma_ wrote:
stufarq wrote:Hardly. We know which one has actually continued to make records and show a modicum of interest in his fanbase.
Yup. So what? Are those criteria that determine quality to you? :wink:
No but that's not the point. Quality is purely a matter of opinion. Regardless of any individual's perception of quality, Wayne has been doing fine for many years and doesn't need Eldritch. Just as Eldritch doesn't need him. If they chose to work together again it might be interesting for both them and us but neither needs the other.
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The past is the past.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
_emma_
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:Quality is purely a matter of opinion.
In most cases, yes. But let's compare, say, a 20 year old S-class Mercedes with a 20 year old Dacia... :wink:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

_emma_ wrote:
stufarq wrote:Quality is purely a matter of opinion.
In most cases, yes. But let's compare, say, a 20 year old S-class Mercedes with a 20 year old Dacia... :wink:
The Merc I'm comparing has rust all over the bodywork, genuine 1979 furry dice and smells of something that definitely isn't new car.

The 20 year old Dacian is Alexandra Maria Lara.
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:there are also a few people who have custom/personal 'ranks' but you'd have to be a regular to warrant one of those
can I have a word about this?
Quiff Boy wrote:
Debi wrote:"Intellectual Love God 15000 - 14999 posts"

yeah - whats the point in being intellectual or a love God if you've got no spare time cos you are glued to a forum!!!
ooooh, controversial ;D :lol:
can I have several words about this? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

i hope both of them don't read some posts in here as they are far below the intellectual lovegods' little universe ...

finally all in here would enjoy seeing them work together (which would cause especially one of these two to work beside the tourthing ...)
love is just a shot away
James Blast
Banned

thank you jost I was going to post something along those lines, youth and young wo(man)hood dinna ken just how much time can heal

sometimes it's really grand tae meet up with auld compadres and enemies, we can at least compare the same battle scars, the wounds are healed and the guid times live on

"Jerry Lovelock and Andrew Taylor present an evening of their back catalogue inna acoustic stylee with slide show and chat about their 'White Line Fever' days" does not snoud like a bad nicht oot and I'd buy a ticket for that more than I'd buy one for another TSOM-2000+ gig
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

Even if this did happen (which it won´t), the renewed cooperation would be very short lived. Each musician doing his own thing in the studio, indepently and never at the same time, would be the best way to actually be able to record anything.

All I have to add is: TWO FIVE ZERO ZERO ZERO.
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
Debi

James Blast wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:there are also a few people who have custom/personal 'ranks' but you'd have to be a regular to warrant one of those
can I have a word about this?
Quiff Boy wrote:
Debi wrote:"Intellectual Love God 15000 - 14999 posts"

yeah - whats the point in being intellectual or a love God if you've got no spare time cos you are glued to a forum!!!
ooooh, controversial ;D :lol:
can I have several words about this? ;D
i think that you should save the time and concentrate on the love god bit ;D
mistressteal
Road Kill

Aazhyd wrote:Even if this did happen (which it won´t), the renewed cooperation would be very short lived. Each musician doing his own thing in the studio, indepently and never at the same time, would be the best way to actually be able to record anything.

Sounds like a fun evening, will they serve mulled wine?
Debi

mistressteal wrote:
Aazhyd wrote:Even if this did happen (which it won´t), the renewed cooperation would be very short lived. Each musician doing his own thing in the studio, indepently and never at the same time, would be the best way to actually be able to record anything.

Sounds like a fun evening, will they serve mulled wine?
and canapes? :innocent:
JRoberto
Road Kill

We can debate and argue as much as we can, using whatever the media serve us (90% of it just to stirr the s**t and whatch the circus go up in flames) and it will never reflect what the relationship between two given people is in reality.
_emma_
Overbomber

JRoberto wrote:We can debate and argue as much as we can, using whatever the media serve us (90% of it just to stirr the s**t and whatch the circus go up in flames) and it will never reflect what the relationship between two given people is in reality.
True, true! :notworthy:
I'll add - sometimes two given people can't really tell themselves what the relatioship between them is in reality, so what can a third party know? Nothing at all. :lol:
James Blast
Banned

and time wounds all heels
~ Peter Steele
_emma_
Overbomber

:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: