"New" Box-Set

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
GC
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I say as I see ;D
You're Roy Walker :eek:
James Blast
Banned

oh it's good, but it's not quite right
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
GC
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:oh it's good, but it's not quite right
Now we're back onto lilly allen.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Gollum's Cock wrote:
James Blast wrote:oh it's good, but it's not quite right
Now we're back onto lilly allen.
no no no.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

robertzombie wrote:Has any remastering been done? Which version of F&L&A is in the pack?
after listening to it twice: not a very good one, that much is for sure ...

and it's NOT the vinyl version ... which I personally like most! :wink:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I received my copy a few days ago and it really is a crap release :twisted: :lol:
in dub we trust
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

radiojamaica wrote:I received my copy a few days ago and it really is a crap release :twisted: :lol:
I am gonna order it anyway...today! :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:I received my copy a few days ago and it really is a crap release :twisted: :lol:
I am gonna order it anyway...today! :D
Of course! I needed to have one too :wink:
in dub we trust
mh
Above the Chemist

A crap Sisters release from Warners? Who woulda ever thought?

I'm gonna buy 20! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
paul
Overbomber

Ordered it today ;-)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

amazon.co.uk have it for 15 quid inc p+p

http://is.gd/9KnG1

to be fair, it's not a bad way to get to the band if you haven't already got their stuff, but then being realistic how many people are going to get into them these days? or at least, how many people are going to get into them by buying their stuff? :|

its not as if they are a high profile act that people see on tv or mentioned in the press, and think "ooh, who are they? what are they like?" :(
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

AE choose that way with all bad a good sides of it.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Bartek wrote:AE choose that way with all bad a good sides of it.
If he really had had that choice, things had never come to this ... :wink:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

so he hadn't choice ? do you know something that i don't know? like break the contract by WEA ?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

... as to breaking that contract read the latest interview ...

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19977

but there are plenty other aspects ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Being645 wrote:... as to breaking that contract read the latest interview ...

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19977

but there are plenty other aspects ...
My biggest disappointed is the aftermath, starting with the fact
that the planned independent singles, starting with Summer, didn't
make it. :(

EDIT: Crappy box set ordered! :D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Yeah, or a new album with Summer, Come Together, an official cover of Comfortably Numb and Confide In Me,
We Are The Same, Susanne, Will I Dream? as well as possibly Under The Gun, Slept and Romeo Down ...
(surely not in this order, though)

I could even have imagined a mixture with some SSV songs (like Feel No Pain) for a complete album release ...
plenty possibilities for all of this wonderful material - but there were too many different players and interest at work ... :( ...

and still some more aspects like life ...

However, I wouldn't call it disappointing, but schade as we say in German ... and the effects were - devastating ... :( ...
Anyway, nobody could have anticipated that things would go the way they did.

From my view, it's quite an achievement The Sisters still exist and play tours and make songs ... ;D ;D ;D ... sometimes ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Being645 wrote:Yeah, or a new album with Summer, Come Together, an official cover of Comfortably Numb and Confide In Me,
We Are The Same, Susanne, Will I Dream? as well as possibly Under The Gun, Slept and Romeo Down ...
(surely not in this order, though)

I could even have imagined a mixture with some SSV songs (like Feel No Pain) for a complete album release ...
plenty possibilities for all of this wonderful material - but there were too many different players and interest at work ... :( ...

and still some more aspects like life ...

However, I wouldn't call it disappointing, but schade as we say in German ... and the effects were - devastating ... :( ...
Anyway, nobody could have anticipated that things would go the way they did.

From my view, it's quite an achievement The Sisters still exist and play tours and make songs ... ;D ;D ;D ... sometimes ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Ofcourse would that album be the next step to make. :wink:
'Schade' ist 'jammer' auf Holländisch but I would still call it disapponting without blaming the man too much. A lot of key players indeed.

I fully agree about the tours and the new songs. Gives me a lot of joy.
Even if the chase is sometimes better than the catch. Always a surprise and it should be like that!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Quiff Boy wrote: to be fair, it's not a bad way to get to the band if you haven't already got their stuff, but then being realistic how many people are going to get into them these days? or at least, how many people are going to get into them by buying their stuff? :|
hmm... i'm sure there are enough fans out there that just forgot about them and the youth might just catch onto it. i think people into them will buy their stuff, like me, i don't like all this downloading stuff for the simple reason i like to have the disk in my hands and also enjoy going into dodgy shops that still sell vinyl and see what's left of them.
Quiff Boy wrote:its not as if they are a high profile act that people see on tv or mentioned in the press, and think "ooh, who are they? what are they like?" :(
no nothing like that is there? i must be honest in saying i like TSOM's low profile act cause then you get the old fans & their friends who are interested coming along. also i prefer having the older crowd *cough* around me than the youth, although our youth within these walls are the best kind! :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
frederik
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

ordered mine also today :) crap release or not it's Sisters and it's all we have at the moment ;D
Badlander
Overbomber

frederik wrote:ordered mine also today :) crap release or not it's Sisters and it's all we have at the moment ;D
I get your point of view but imho it's more "the record company" than "The Sisters". What do the band have to do with it ? Unless you're ready to give money for any piece of garbage as long as it has the TSOM logo on it. :P :wink:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
James Blast
Banned

a fool and his money... :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

received today. not bad at all
Last edited by dtsom on 05 Mar 2010, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Badlander wrote:
frederik wrote:ordered mine also today :) crap release or not it's Sisters and it's all we have at the moment ;D
I get your point of view but imho it's more "the record company" than "The Sisters". What do the band have to do with it ? Unless you're ready to give money for any piece of garbage as long as it has the TSOM logo on it. :P :wink:
Yes, it does come down to that & to keep the collection complete of course :wink:
What I think is a shame about this specific release is that they threw all linernotes overboard. Just cheap cardsleeves & cd's. No booklets or extras whatsoever...
in dub we trust