What was Eldritch's biggest mistake ?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

what Mr.E really needs to do is ding-a-ding-dang-his-dang-along-ling-long :lol:

sorted :notworthy:

you can thank me later, as usual :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sultan2075
Overbomber

Prescott wrote:I think he should bring back Underneath The Rock. It was a mistake to stop it's publication. I'm sure plenty of us would volunteer to help start it back up.
Too much work. Sort of like completing the official website.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sultan2075 wrote:
Prescott wrote:I think he should bring back Underneath The Rock. It was a mistake to stop it's publication. I'm sure plenty of us would volunteer to help start it back up.
This forum is way better! If we are missing anything from UTR here, we can create it ... and so we do, don't we Prescott ... ;D :lol: ...
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
This forum is way better! If we are missing anything from UTR here, we can create it ... and so we do, don't we Prescott ... ;D :lol: ...
Almost. The thing I miss the most are his responses to fan mail. Not only was it great that he would take the time to respond to a few letters in every issue, his writing style was always informative and quite funny and witty as well.
"... because we're that kind of people."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Prescott wrote:
Being645 wrote:
sultan2075 wrote: Too much work. Sort of like completing the official website.
Almost. The thing I miss the most are his responses to fan mail. Not only was it great that he would take the time to respond to a few letters in every issue, his writing style was always informative and quite funny and witty as well.
That's true. But still I wonder whether he wrote it all himself ... :roll: ...
Prescott

Being645 wrote:
Prescott wrote:
Being645 wrote: This forum is way better! If we are missing anything from UTR here, we can create it ... and so we do, don't we Prescott ... ;D :lol: ...
I think he did.
"... because we're that kind of people."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Prescott wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Prescott wrote: Almost. The thing I miss the most are his responses to fan mail. Not only was it great that he would take the time to respond to a few letters in every issue, his writing style was always informative and quite funny and witty as well.
I think he did.
Part of it for sure ... :lol: ... that was just too typical ... :lol: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

bangles wrote: Not releasing the Floorshow EP - it was fantastic & would have really helped elevate their profile

Not leaving Merciful Release after Body Electric!
Fantastic though it was, had the Floorshow tape been released on vinyl we would probably never have had the John Ashton produced versions that really provided the band's breakthrough.

The Floorshow tape did raise the band's profile where it counted at the time - locally - and became a firm favourite at indie nights at the Warehouse and Phono in 1981. It's main purpose and success was in helping the band to get gigs - this was the early all-gigs-and-no-new-product phase which Eldritch alluded too in a recent interview where he claimed the Girls had gone full circle.

It was never released of course because of lack of cash, the same reason why Body Electric came out on CNT.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Prescott wrote:
Being645 wrote:
sultan2075 wrote: Too much work. Sort of like completing the official website.
I'm sure the letters would be all far to stupid. An interview every now and then will do. Thank you.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Ozpat wrote:
Prescott wrote:
Being645 wrote: This forum is way better! If we are missing anything from UTR here, we can create it ... and so we do, don't we Prescott ... ;D :lol: ...
I'm sure the letters would be all far to stupid. An interview every now and then will do. Thank you.
... :lol: ... sometimes it takes the courage to be stupid to make things visible ... :lol: ...

But hell, perhaps you're right, Von isn't that much in for clowns as we know ... :lol: ... but still ... ;D :lol: ...
moses

'Once I built a railroad, I made it run,
Made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad, now it's done --
Brother, can you spare a dime?'
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Von's biggest mistake? Allowing Adam to dictate whether or not the songs they co-wrote should be released on i-tunes. (if what was said was of course true...)

(someone else probably wrote the same thing but I can't be fecked reading through every page)
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
James Blast
Banned

you dae ken that yer last post is bollocks, din't ye? ;D
~ Peter Steele
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:you dae ken that yer last post is bollocks, din't ye? ;D
I'm just trying to up my post count and involve myself. :lol:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
James Blast
Banned

go on
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Adam saw me dancing in amsterdam at the HMH before i knew you lot!

so :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

did he cum?
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

possibly, i hope so, i was dancing of the side of the stage, Jos had too many beers & a joint so was spacing on the ground on the side. adam had seen me i know & then :von: came over eventually to sing a line, i saw him, but i was so in my bubble of seeing them for the first time... *shat in my pants when i realized :von: was bald!*

oh well... memories...
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

hmmmmm.... quite
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:lol: :lol:

never forget the first time i met you! but that's totally off topic in sister's chat... we won't go there! :wink:
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

did I ding-a-ding-dang-my-dang-along-ling-long?

I wass vereh drungatta tyme... ;D
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:did I ding-a-ding-dang-my-dang-along-ling-long?

I wass vereh drungatta tyme... ;D
MORE than that! i love you when you are drunk! you gave me sh!t, i ignored you then it was ding-a-ding-dang-my-dang-along-ling-long but i've always loved you since then!

:wink: ;D :lol:

we are going to p!ss off the peeps with this discussion! how dare we?!
:twisted: :innocent:
that ongoing eternity
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:go on
Given the things mentioned above I think I'll leave you two love birds to it...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
:lol: UTR was great for those pre-Internet days and kept the brand (that word again) going at a time when it seemed little else was happening (although now we look back at a golden age of prolific production.Like everything :von: has been involved in, the design and production values of UTR were top notch. (Damage Done may have sounded dreadful but the sleeve design is a classic - pretty good for a first effort).
The immediacy and breadth of HL makes UTR redundant. The articles I wrote for UTR (it was fairly egalitarian that way) took literally months to research. Posts on here take seconds (as you can often tell :oops: ), and any pomposity will be quickly pricked (now there's an open invitation ...)