Whats your nationality?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

Jim wrote:
Black Planet wrote:Welcome Nancy, Dont mind Jim, he has no pants! :)
Yeah, and just remember that BP's views are sometimes questionable cos her sunglasses get steamed up rather frequently...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very funny,guys!

Excellent avatar Jim btw!
Andrew Eldritch wrote: "I'm actually quite a decent bastard..." (New Musical Express, February 27th 1988)
Big Si
School Bully

Nancy_78 wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:
Nancy_78 wrote:Mine is Croatian.
Hi Nancy! :P
Hi there CorpPunk mate! :P

I have finally found the right general Sisters forum after the years of searching and am very happy for that.It looks amazing.Wow!I have not a single comment about it at all.Very impressive.
I'm looking forward to meet some new Sisters fans and to exchange some new knowledges about this rather excellent band that left a huge mark in rock's history.Been listening to them for 15 years already.
Hi Nancy and Welcome! :D

You're from the other site aren't you? :wink: :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
pikkrong
Overbomber

Welcome Nancy 8)
By the way, our friend Big Si's passion is peeps from eastern side of Europe, don't know yet does he eat them with red or white wine... oh yeah, something came to my mind - with beer, yess :wink:
To be a little more serious - do you know who is Mr Varjak ethnically? They say "Yugoslavian" but there isn't such a nationality. Also Croatian?
Nick_O_Tine
Road Kill

Ganith wrote:I'm spanish. Born in Madrid and living somewhere SW of it.

And I don't remember seeeing any other spanish around here!

Ganith
I´m also from Spain, born in Barcelona.
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

Big Si wrote:
Nancy_78 wrote:
CorpPunk wrote: Hi Nancy! :P
Hi there CorpPunk mate! :P

I have finally found the right general Sisters forum after the years of searching and am very happy for that.It looks amazing.Wow!I have not a single comment about it at all.Very impressive.
I'm looking forward to meet some new Sisters fans and to exchange some new knowledges about this rather excellent band that left a huge mark in rock's history.Been listening to them for 15 years already.
Hi Nancy and Welcome! :D

You're from the other site aren't you? :wink: :D
Hi BigSi mate!

First I would like to thank you for such a warm welcome.Yes,I am from the other site. :) But since you've told me about this one I think I will spend much more of my time over here.Thanks! But Psychocandy(you know who he is already)deserves respect in every case because starting and creating a forum is not easy at all,is it? Fresh and new ideas are always welcome,aren't they? :wink:
Last edited by Nancy_78 on 24 Aug 2003, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Eldritch wrote: "I'm actually quite a decent bastard..." (New Musical Express, February 27th 1988)
pikkrong
Overbomber

@Nancy - I'm still curious about that Varjak thing :eek:
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote:Welcome Nancy 8)
By the way, our friend Big Si's passion is peeps from eastern side of Europe, don't know yet does he eat them with red or white wine... oh yeah, something came to my mind - with beer, yess :wink:
To be a little more serious - do you know who is Mr Varjak ethnically? They say "Yugoslavian" but there isn't such a nationality. Also Croatian?
Thanks pikkrong mate.Yes,I've already noticed that our dear BigSi is very passionate about Eastern Europe and Its specialities.I could smell it. :D

In Mike Varjak's biography says only this:born in Yugoslavia(a country that Croatia evolved from in 1991 btw),played guitar in the Sisters Of Mercy from 1997 to 1999,currently stationed in the UK and nothing else at all.But Yugoslavian as a nationality doesn't exist any longer as that country split up years ago.I really wouldn't know if he's Croatian or not as there is no mention of his hometown in his biography. If I would have known the city then I'd be able to tell you about his right nationality.Some people say his nationality really IS Croatian while some say it is Serbian.So now you be smart and guess what he really is.Eh! I would like to know that as well.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Nancy_78 wrote:
In Mike Varjak's biography says only this:born in Yugoslavia(a country that Croatia evolved from in 1991 btw),played guitar in the Sisters Of Mercy from 1997 to 1999,currently stationed in the UK and nothing else at all.But Yugoslavian as a nationality doesn't exist any longer as that country split up years ago.
yeah, i know that :)
Nancy_78 wrote: Some people say his nationality really IS Croatian while some say it is Serbian.
i've heard also both versions.
actually i don't know why the question of his nationality has started to haunt me. maybe just the reaction against the explanation "he's Yugoslavian" because i know there isn't such nationality (and ethnically never was).
if i knew he's a Croatian or he's a Serbian - of course, it doesn't make me change my attitude. "We Are The Same, Susanne" is a great song 8) :notworthy:
and tahnk you, Nancy :notworthy:
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote:
Nancy_78 wrote:
In Mike Varjak's biography says only this:born in Yugoslavia(a country that Croatia evolved from in 1991 btw),played guitar in the Sisters Of Mercy from 1997 to 1999,currently stationed in the UK and nothing else at all.But Yugoslavian as a nationality doesn't exist any longer as that country split up years ago.
yeah, i know that :)
Nancy_78 wrote: Some people say his nationality really IS Croatian while some say it is Serbian.
i've heard also both versions.
actually i don't know why the question of his nationality has started to haunt me. maybe just the reaction against the explanation "he's Yugoslavian" because i know there isn't such nationality (and ethnically never was).
if i knew he's a Croatian or he's a Serbian - of course, it doesn't make me change my attitude. "We Are The Same, Susanne" is a great song 8) :notworthy:
and tahnk you, Nancy :notworthy:
You're welcome!And some other time too. :D

Yes,who cares about author's nationality or whatsover if some song is as great as "We Are The Same,Suzanne",for which he contributed music btw,at all!That other one called "Will I Dream?" ,for which he made music in association with Adam Pearson btw,is equaly great.
If only Eldritch would put the new album out so I could listen to those songs on my stereo over and over to death.That's my greatest wish when it comes to Sisters.But on the other side I think that Eldritch has every right to do what he wants and when because he's a free thinking person.And only free thinking persons can decide what is right and what is wrong for them,can't they?
I also think if they would release that album many of their nowadays contemporaries(Placebo et al) would kill themselves first to make an album like this.Go Andrew! :D
Big Si
School Bully

Nancy_78 wrote:
Thanks pikkrong mate.Yes,I've already noticed that our dear BigSi is very passionate about Eastern Europe and Its specialities.I could smell it. :D
Must be the Fernet! :wink: :D

100% dangerous :eek:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Andie
Overbomber

8)

now this is a first...

am i the only Martian Dog?...

can't be...i can not be the only one?...can I???
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Burn wrote:8)

now this is a first...

you are.
ordinary people live on Venus.
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

Big Si wrote:
Nancy_78 wrote:
Must be the Fernet! :wink: :D

100% dangerous :eek:
:lol:

Heyyyyyyy...and there you go!

Now you've reminded me of one thing!Reading that Q December 1999 issue in which they remembered the 90s on that 1991 review page said this:::
"August 19th,1991:President Gorbachev is removed in a coup and Boris Yeltsin announces that he's taking control of Russia.And accompanied with one rather funny picture Q writers added this::'Boris Yeltsin:I'm in charge...where's vodka!" Eastern Europe.Eh! :lol:
Funny as hell,isn't it?
Big Si
School Bully

Nancy_78 wrote: :lol:

Now you've reminded me of one thing!Reading that Q December 1999 issue in which they remembered the 90s on that 1991 review page said this:::
"August 19th,1991:President Gorbachev is removed in a coup and Boris Yeltsin announces that he's taking control of Russia.And accompanied with one rather funny picture Q writers added this::'Boris Yeltsin:I'm in charge...where's vodka!" Eastern Europe.Eh! :lol:
Funny as hell,isn't it?

Well he's a better dancer then me! :urff: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

now this is a first...

I guess that makes you One of a Kind, eh, my Pet?

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Nancy_78
Amphetamine Filth

Big Si wrote:
Nancy_78 wrote: :lol:

Funny as hell,isn't it?

Well he's a better dancer then me! :urff: ;D
:D :D :D :D :D

I remember watching those dance routines of his on television several years ago and it made me laugh out loud.
What a dancer! If only I could perform just a half of his routines.Eh! ;D
Andy TG
Overbomber

Having read all "6" pages of replies - I may be a little late to state my origins, but here goes anyways -

1 - Wales - Welsh - What a bloody silly language
2 - to Wales through Cornwal - Cornish - tis a silly language
3 - from France to Cornwall (18th Century) - French - a silly language
4 - to France from Germany(17th Century) - What a ****ING GREAT Language!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm from Gaia (north of Portugal), the land from where is the cellars of the Oporto's wine... yammy yammy. Country of great people, great food and great wine.
Hope one day to meet you in here.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I'm officially English. I have Scottish and Irish (hence the madness) blood in me, plus obviously a good dose of Viking (hence the interest in pillaging). Like any other Inglezi, I'm a true mongrel. My Mum's Cornish (hence the madness). I consider myself Dutch. Unfortunately, no-one else does. I guess I may have to settle for English.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Andie
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:

now this is a first...

you are.

are you sure you spelt that right?... :twisted:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Burn wrote:
pikkrong wrote:

now this is a first...

you are.

are you sure you spelt that right?... :twisted:
well i live on your anus!

:o

well, it needed saying really, didnt it? :urff: ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

<sigh> :roll:
Only a paand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:well, it needed saying really, didnt it? :urff: ;D
that explains sooooo much :roll: :roll: :urff: :innocent:
Big Si
School Bully

Sexygoth wrote:<sigh> :roll:
I've told you before it's not <sigh> it's BIG SI :wink: :twisted:

Whut ye wantin' noo then hen?
Wyrd bið ful aræd...