2019-09-21 The Roundhouse, London UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
czuczu
Overbomber

Is I Was Wrong aimed at Chris? :/
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

tonight was polished to a high sheen. they were pratically flawless. Von only fucked up the lyrics to one song tha i noticed. the sound was clear and loud. yesterday we got crash and burn today we got arms. we also got WYDSM which made it a full Vision Thing tracklist. no Marian today. that was the only set changes i think. nothing more to say really -with the exception of the 2 dropped songs and their replacements tonights show was yesterdays withe errors corrected. one of the very best Sisters gigs ive ever been to performance wise and i'm going to stick my neck out and say one of the best line-ups ive ever seen.

and one of my oldest and best HL brothers Planet Dave came along tonight which was lovely.

Swinnow: kept missing youall day and night friday then you'd gone home on Saturday! never mind Chris -we WILL put the world too righs over a few pints one day and meanwhile we're 5 wins from 5 top of the Prem. 's all good bro. 8) :von:
:bat:

Special thanks toi brother Don/Erudite for being my partner in crime . :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

Pista
Cureboi

Full setlist updated in the first post :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Tim did manage to periscope Lucretia

https://twitter.com/TheBloggingGoth/sta ... 52704?s=20

:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

czuczu wrote:Is I Was Wrong aimed at Chris? :/
I was thinking that after one of the Greece (maybe) shows.
In the video clip Von purposefully goes to Ben, puts his arm around hime while he sings the "You say stay & never leave" line.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

On my way home, reading the thread. Nice to see that most of people agree that Saturday was ... well, as close to perfect as it can get these days. Sound was overwhelming, felt completely surrounded and immersed in the feeling I did not have quite a long time. Great meeting old friends and making new ones. It shows again that the fan base is great.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
czuczu
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
czuczu wrote:Is I Was Wrong aimed at Chris? :/
I was thinking that after one of the Greece (maybe) shows.
In the video clip Von purposefully goes to Ben, puts his arm around hime while he sings the "You say stay & never leave" line.
Very purposefully put his arm around Ben for the whole song last night.
Fingers crossed the local camera dude got the whole show, was a good one for the archive :)
eastmidswhizzkid

on yootoob amongst all the clips from the 2 dates are several links to live streams of both gigs.its one of those 'pay nothing but give us your credit card details' for no apparent reason' jobbies but presumably that means there will be a full version somewhere.
?

Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:on yootoob amongst all the clips from the 2 dates are several links to live streams of both gigs.its one of those 'pay nothing but give us your credit card details' for no apparent reason' jobbies but presumably that means there will be a full version somewhere.
?
Nope. Steer well clear of those. They are a scam. In fact, if you see them, report them to YT.
When The Cure toured in 2016, these were going up in the hundreds, sometimes weeks before the shows.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are future Sisters shows already up waiting for people to give away card details & other personal information.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Wantufri
Road Kill

Glad to hear that Andrew`s voice became that good in this tour. Maybe he took some vocal lessons (yes, I still hope that this happened and the reason is recording new material in studio). Or just it`s because of 1 year rest before current shows. Anyway, he is really in good conditions right now.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Any other staff changes by the way? Who is sound guy (JJ?), is Guru still guru, Kenny doing merch etc?
hellboy69

It was brilliant. Great to see so many smiley faces, before, during & after the show. A truly special couple of nights!
Back in time

euphoria wrote:Any other staff changes by the way? Who is sound guy (JJ?), is Guru still guru, Kenny doing merch etc?
Kenny was around, but not on the merch Booth.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Excellent night, loved the way time very well spent at The Enterprise just flowed into 80-odd minutes of pit-fun which flowed straight back into time very well spent at The Enterprise. Apparently the gig was superb - glad to hear it, it was clearly hard to tell when bouncing between pillar and post in that space where you lose and find yourself. Just gotta remember to stash newly purchased merch better, someone got a free Leeds England hoodie anyway.

But you ladies and gents, and loads that either aren't on here or had never heard of HL...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

won't name names in case I miss someone but you're all total stars. Cheers!

If The Sisters are National Treasures, you folks are the International Treasures, travelling all your miles to support the band and being such exceptionally nice people with it. Von's a lucky guy to have you. :D

When's the next one?
Being645
Above the Chemist

abridged wrote:
Being645 wrote:NTTC? Or Kickline tonight?
Both. A great evening. Really good. Band on form! 😊
Ah, thank you. Noted that. Kickline was not played, though. It was the unnamed intrumental, which is ever getting better ... :lol: ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Show Me On The Doll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5C8Bihz7LA plus loads more from both nights on the same channel. I picked this link in particular because well it's mindblowing. Massive thanks to the recorder / uploader :notworthy:

And a great review https://louderthanwar.com/the-sisters-o ... ve-review/
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: And a great review https://louderthanwar.com/the-sisters-o ... ve-review/
that is a fabulous review. :von: :notworthy:

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Planet Dave wrote: And a great review https://louderthanwar.com/the-sisters-o ... ve-review/
She nails it in every regard. That was exactly the vibe of the night, inside and outside the Roundhouse. Everybody in the house was up for it, band and fans alike :D
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

By golly, that's a wonderful review!
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
Being645
Above the Chemist

Planet Dave wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
She nails it in every regard. That was exactly the vibe of the night, inside and outside the Roundhouse. Everybody in the house was up for it, band and fans alike :D
... :lol: ... like at AB in 2016 ... ;D ...

One question, in the setlist there the instrumental is replaced by Still. They really playd STILL ?
Pista
Cureboi

Planet Dave wrote:
And a great review https://louderthanwar.com/the-sisters-o ... ve-review/
They played Still?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: that is a fabulous review. :von: :notworthy:

One question, in the setlist there the instrumental is replaced by Still. They really playd STILL ?
Nope - error by the person posting on Setlist FM...then again has anyone checked the track Still against the un-named instrumental. :eek:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Being645
Above the Chemist

ROBBIE wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Planet Dave wrote: She nails it in every regard. That was exactly the vibe of the night, inside and outside the Roundhouse. Everybody in the house was up for it, band and fans alike :D

Nope - error by the person posting on Setlist FM...then again has anyone checked the track Still against the un-named instrumental. :eek:
... :lol:... there clearly is a certain similarity ... hihi ... ;D ... well, not really ...

Btw, some basic page ... bla...

@pista
That's what's become of the flyer picture from twitter ... :innocent: ...
Last edited by Being645 on 22 Sep 2019, 22:12, edited 2 times in total.
eastmidswhizzkid

ROBBIE wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Planet Dave wrote: She nails it in every regard. That was exactly the vibe of the night, inside and outside the Roundhouse. Everybody in the house was up for it, band and fans alike :D

i had to correct someone on yootoob who'd posted Stiill as the name of the instrumental. i dont need to check - they are too completely differnt tracks (chris catalystt/eldritch wrote still.) one of which contains the word "still" and one of which is an instrumental lol

Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:....one of which contains the word "still" and one of which is an instrumental lol
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity