Re-re-run of currently watching

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Pista wrote:Image
i should have paid more attention when this was first posted as its only now i realise its the 2nd season! anyway, i'm enjoying it very much. :notworthy:
:bat:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

Big Si
School Bully

Pista wrote:
Big Si wrote:Just watched Episode One..... :eek: :D

What did you think?
I enjoyed it. It's weird for me because short form Star Wars stuff is hard to adjust to.
It does have a sort of western feel to it.
IG11 kind of reminded me of a heavily armed Bender.
Only thing that bothered me was the name of the two-legged fish/ lizard things. Seriously. A blurrg? Is that all they could come up with?
Loved it! :D

I'd heard that it was Spaghetti-Western inspired and it didn't fail me. The storyline had me hooked from the start. It's gonna be a very enjoyable experience each week.

Currently watching Episode 1 of Season 2 - this Crazy show is back!

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Gonna give this a try:

Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:Gonna give this a try:

Loved the first episode. The tripods are pretty scary
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Myself I wasn't won over, certainly better than the Tom Cruise shocker though. Will rewatch before ep2 arrives, as life and the gift of iPlayer allows.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

It wasn't bad, but not as good as i'd hoped, i could do without the whole soap opera part, there's enough of that on TV anyway - the aliens are about to kick off here mate, i really don't care if your ex wife is gonna give you a divorce or not! :lol:

But the Tripods were pretty cool though!

Speaking of Tripods, does anyone remember the 80's show of the same name? Loved watching this when i was a kid! :D

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Charlie wrote:It wasn't bad, but not as good as i'd hoped, i could do without the whole soap opera part, there's enough of that on TV anyway - the aliens are about to kick off here mate, i really don't care if your ex wife is gonna give you a divorce or not! :lol:
Yes, 100% :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Big Si
School Bully

Charlie wrote:It wasn't bad, but not as good as i'd hoped, i could do without the whole soap opera part, there's enough of that on TV anyway - the aliens are about to kick off here mate, i really don't care if your ex wife is gonna give you a divorce or not! :lol:

But the Tripods were pretty cool though!

Speaking of Tripods, does anyone remember the 80's show of the same name? Loved watching this when i was a kid! :D

That TV show frustrated the hell out of me back in the Day. Each episode was far too short and then you had to wait 7 days to see the next instalment. IIRC the 2nd Series finished on a cliffhanger and it was cancelled so you never got a proper resolution to the story :evil: :lol:
Wikipedia wrote:"Although a television script had been written for the third series, it never went into production."
And some nice person has added them all to youtube :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
eastmidswhizzkid

Big Si wrote:[
Currently watching Episode 1 of Season 2 - this Crazy show is back!

incredibly dissatisfying end. :evil:

eastmidswhizzkid

Just watched the first of these and it looks considerably better than i dared to hope.

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Image
Just watched the first of these and it looks considerably better than i dared to hope.
Aye, I've just watched (last night) episode 3. It's going to some very dark places. Me like.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
i should have paid more attention when this was first posted as its only now i realise its the 2nd season! anyway, i'm enjoying it very much. :notworthy:
It's very nihilistic, and also very enjoyable at the same time... slow TV like in the old days, I loved the first one, and the second is again very very good :D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Oh, is this back?! I'll have to remember to check out iplayer.
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:
Oh, is this back?! I'll have to remember to check out iplayer.
I was in tears in under a minute :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

this is ok but i wish they woulkd just release the whole series in one go like netflix do.

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

top notch entertainment, great movies for relax, just watch and enjoy plot.
And Craig character add so much auto-irony to this dark commedy (and for his Bond).
eastmidswhizzkid

Penultimate episode viewed this mornifng (courtesy of TPB natch) and I have to say this has been a massive winner here on WhizzWorld.
If he wasn't so anti DC (with good reason having been royally fucked over by them both artisticallly and financially -although it's a crying shame to see his name omitted from the relevant credits of what is arguably the work he will be most remembered for) I'd wager even Alan Moore would agree that the writer's have shown due respect and reverence in the way they have treated this sequel.

can't wait for the season finale. just keeping the old fingers crossed that it's been popular enough to have a second season commissioned. :von:

Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

This is very, very, very good slow tv! :notworthy:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: Penultimate episode viewed this mornifng (courtesy of TPB natch) and I have to say this has been a massive winner here on WhizzWorld.
If he wasn't so anti DC (with good reason having been royally fucked over by them both artisticallly and financially -although it's a crying shame to see his name omitted from the relevant credits of what is arguably the work he will be most remembered for) I'd wager even Alan Moore would agree that the writer's have shown due respect and reverence in the way they have treated this sequel.

can't wait for the season finale. just keeping the old fingers crossed that it's been popular enough to have a second season commissioned. :von:
Not got to episode 8 yet (probably this evening). But yeah this series has been outstanding. And it prompted me to re-read the original Watchmen graphic novel (again).

WRT the old wizard: as I understand it he has a longstanding request that non-comics adaptations of his work do not feature his name; I guess that in his view, putting his name on it implies his approval. According to wikipedia, "Lindelof had tried to reach out to Moore to get his blessing for the show but was rebuffed."
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh yeah, interesting trivia point: Comic Sans is based on Dave Gibbons's lettering in Watchmen.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:Oh yeah, interesting trivia point: Comic Sans is based on Dave Gibbons's lettering in Watchmen.
didn't know that...something else i only discovered today is the 'Watchmen Complete Motion Comic' - basically the 12 original issues made as an animated series. its on yootoob in a very low-res stae (100-ish mb an episode) or its avbailable on t' pirate bay in a 13gb state. this prolly isnt news to you as i only discovered the feature-length animations of 'killing joke' and 'dark knight returns' last year but just in case. :von:

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Blue Danube waltz in episode 8 Jupiter sequence :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:... this prolly isnt news to you...
Well in fact it is news. Nice one I'll look out for them :notworthy:
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:... this prolly isnt news to you...
Well in fact it is news. Nice one I'll look out for them :notworthy:
The Pirate Bay
watching these now an d you WILL want them Bro.