Bizarre cover versions

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I forgt one, currently listening to it, and absolutely brilliant:
pet shop boys - what keeps mankind alive (kurt weill)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Debaser
Overbomber

Chinese Rocks - Johnny Thunders and the heartbreakers

fookin classic cover!!!!
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

Surfin Bird - The Ramones (don't really think The Cramps did it as much justice as Joey..)
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff? Have you said
Splitting in Two - The Chameleons
?

And I love Ghost in My House - The Fall
Debaser
Overbomber

oooh I'm getting the hang of this...

You've Lost That Loving Feeling - The Human League blimmin marvellous

As is Nightclubbin by them too
claws
Amphetamine Filth

snubnoseuk wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:the m*****n - never let me down
Is that the D Mode song? :eek:
The Depeche Mode song is called "Never let me down again". I don't know if this is the song that The m*****n has made a cover of. Anyway the DM song is one of the best songs ever made!!
We are coming down but we will never, never land
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

claws wrote:
snubnoseuk wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:the m*****n - never let me down
Is that the D Mode song? :eek:
The Depeche Mode song is called "Never let me down again". I don't know if this is the song that The m*****n has made a cover of. Anyway the DM song is one of the best songs ever made!!
It certainly is the DM song claws. Karst posted this link:

http://www.gathering.galileo.com.pl/mp3 ... 0Again.mp3

It's Husseys voice and the way he sings that ruins it for me. And yeah, it's one of my fave songs. I played it to my friends teenage daughters and they called it heavy, head banging music. Never thought I'd hear DM get classed as head banging!
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
F*ck*As*Goth
Amphetamine Filth

Gimme gimme gimme.... me in a shower at 7 am after having 10 pints of Guinness the night before..
F*ck*As*Goth
Amphetamine Filth

Gimme gimme gimme.. me checking in at Stansted airport after having 10 pints of Guinness the night before..
claws
Amphetamine Filth

I played it to my friends teenage daughters and they called it heavy, head banging music. Never thought I'd hear DM get classed as head banging!
Me neither. Those daughters must listen to really soft music if they find DM as headbanging :)
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

claws wrote:
I played it to my friends teenage daughters and they called it heavy, head banging music. Never thought I'd hear DM get classed as head banging!
Me neither. Those daughters must listen to really soft music if they find DM as headbanging :)
They listen to chart (c)rap type stuff :urff: Which imo has no conviction to it musically. It's the smacking snare in NLMDA that makes them want to headbang!
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
claws
Amphetamine Filth

snubnoseuk wrote:It's the smacking snare in NLMDA that makes them want to headbang!
Dr. Avalanche also has one hell of a snare if he wants to. On Floodland in general and on "Dominion/MR" and "Lucretia" particularly.
pikkrong
Overbomber

snubnoseuk wrote:
claws wrote:
snubnoseuk wrote: Is that the D Mode song? :eek:
It certainly is the DM song claws. Karst posted this link:

http://www.gathering.galileo.com.pl/mp3 ... 0Again.mp3

It's Husseys voice and the way he sings that ruins it for me. And yeah, it's one of my fave songs. I played it to my friends teenage daughters and they called it heavy, head banging music. Never thought I'd hear DM get classed as head banging!
those vocals are shame :urff: :evil:
the original song is an ace, no doubt 8)
love the video, too :)
(as a shameless self promotion i can say that last week i was photographed by one Corbijn's disciple or smth, i. e. a photographer to whom AC has personally taught his secrets :oops: :innocent: )
do i drive
or am i driven
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Ehhhhh.Spill the beans, I'm intrigued!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Yes pikkrong - EXPLAIN.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Angelchild wrote:Ehhhhh.Spill the beans, I'm intrigued!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Me? I'm not sure is it so interesting...
It was a Swedish photographer (ethnically a Norwegian, if I don't mistake) called Cato Lein. He told Anton Corbijn had taught him some professional secrets. Was a very nice person (that Lein, I mean). Showed me his own exhibition - there were photos of Zadie Smith and other respectable peeps :) Cool monochrome pictures, indeed. A little bit Corbijnish but not only.
Why me? I was as a participant in the Stockholm Poetry Festival. By the way, the first thing he asked me while he took the pictures, was: "You like Joy Division, too?" :) (In the booklet of the festival there was told I had presented my second book on the 20th anniversary of Curtin's suicide.)
Entschuldigung, again too much off-topic stories... :oops: :oops: :oops:
do i drive
or am i driven
Big Si
School Bully

pikkrong wrote:
Angelchild wrote:Ehhhhh.Spill the beans, I'm intrigued!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Me? I'm not sure is it so interesting...
It was a Swedish photographer (ethnically a Norwegian, if I don't mistake) called Cato Lein. He told Anton Corbijn had taught him some professional secrets. Was a very nice person (that Lein, I mean). Showed me his own exhibition - there were photos of Zadie Smith and other respectable peeps :) Cool monochrome pictures, indeed. A little bit Corbijnish but not only.
Why me? I was as a participant in the Stockholm Poetry Festival. By the way, the first thing he asked me while he took the pictures, was: "You like Joy Division, too?" :) (In the booklet of the festival there was told I had presented my second book on the 20th anniversary of Curtin's suicide.)
Entschuldigung, again too much off-topic stories... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Just done a Google search he's done a lot of work, and his photo's are pretty good! :) http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... a=N&tab=iw
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

Resurrecting a dead thread...

Just heard a terrible version of Love Will Tear Us Apart on 6Music by the bizarrely named Hawksley Workman. Should you feel the need to listen to this, make sure all small children and pets are safetly out of earshot.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thrash Harry wrote:
Steve303 wrote:Frank Sidebottom - Hit The North (f**ki' hilarious)
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And I thought I was the only one to remember dear young Frankie.

Where is Frank these days? and where's little frank
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

sisxbeforedawn wrote:
Thrash Harry wrote:
Steve303 wrote:Frank Sidebottom - Hit The North (f**ki' hilarious)

And I thought I was the only one to remember dear young Frankie.

Where is Frank these days? and where's little frank
In studio :wink:

and he's been busy behind the scenes :innocent:

little frank's only made of cardboard you know. he's not real. he lives in box in my attic along with my creaming jesus dolly :roll: ;D
Goths have feelings too
Dan
Overbomber

sisxbeforedawn wrote:Where is Frank these days? and where's little frank
Frank trashed Little Frank on James Whale's late night TV show sometime in the late 80's/early 90's (although I'm sure he made another one.)

Coincidentally in a couple of hours it's exactly 14 years since a drunken That Guitarist made a prat of himself on the same show!
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

What about Tori Amos' version of Slayer's "Raining blood"? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote:Resurrecting a dead thread...
Blimey, where d'you dig this up from Red? :wink:

I'll add the cover of Comfortably Numb that was in the charts recently. It's bizarre and sh*te.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

JAMC - Surfin' USA. Interesting.
Nick Cave - Disco 2000, in a slow waltz-ballad stylee.
Anything from the thoroughly disappointing Rosetta Stone 80s covers album.
The Shroud - Alice. Brilliant, pity about their own material. To think I bought one of their albums :oops:

And I'm not mentioning the Ukrainians doing their Smiths covers again ...
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
James Blast
Banned

snubnoseuk wrote:I'll add the cover of Comfortably Numb that was in the charts recently.
2004, the year of the very, very bad cover?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele