The Smurphs - Aug 22nd - The Limelight, Crewe...Last ever...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Well I had fun. Glad some of you lot did too. Was really nice to do the EK thing at Crewe as well... nice to have an audience for a change.

Anaconda WAS on the set, as were Possession and Marian, but only in the third dimension to the right, which you have to be a subscriber to access.

Thanks to everyone for showing up.
Very little of what you believe to be true is actually the case.

Sorry.
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Forgot to mention.... Scardy, great rock pants and an excellent leep, it was just a pity you didn't land with your knees spread wide (that would have made Mrs. Snowey's night). :D :wink:
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

snowey wrote:PM your addy but more importantly do you want (and I quote) "YOU FAT BITCH" (Copyright Lordy?) as the start of the gig or not.. :D :D
pm incoming! no need for editing. in fact it's a shame nobody recorded the soundcheck! :lol:
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

mockeldritch wrote:Was really nice to do the EK thing at Crewe as well... nice to have an audience for a change.
as i said to rick last night, a real pity that my first taste of exploding kid was your final gig. really enjoyed it and it makes a refreshing change from all that goff bollocks!
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Mrs. Snowey wrote:All I can say about last night was:

Woo-hoo :D :D (in a Homer Simpson stylee)

Mr. Snowey is currently transferring the MD's to CD's as I type. All three band's sets will be put up as a weed in the very near future (I hope we're not treading on anyone's toes here?)

But tough! :D It's going out!! Complete with QB's drunken outbursts at no extra charge :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Paddy PM your addy over. Sid too. (Scardy/Ed, we've got your number, so look out for Postman Pat)

P.P.S. If anyone out of Rhombus or Exploding Kid would like to send us a set-list, feel free :D :wink:
Hmm, let me see

Manufactured Happiness
Kick Down The Press Gang
Hit the Wall
The Soul the Spirit and the Wish
Tell Me (What I Should Think)
I Ran
If
Rat City
Follow Through Lover

Thanks to everyone, we had a ball.

The riser jump was Scardy's second best rock trick, he rehearsed a new one that afternoon but forgot to do it.

Next time.......
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

"sniff"........ "sob"
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Ed Rhombus wrote: The riser jump was Scardy's second best rock trick, he rehearsed a new one that afternoon but forgot to do it.

Next time.......
hehe! I think that would have p!ssed off the sound engineer but yeah, maybe next time... :wink:

Cheers all for coming down. We had a blast! :D

Hopefully we'll see some of you in Morecambe next month when we'll be sharing the stage with The Smurphs once again! :notworthy:
The Scene won't save you...
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Bloody good night folks. Enjoyed it immensely. T'was nice meeting Emily :D . Exploding kid were ace. It was like watching an old married couple :lol: :lol: . The best I've ever seen Rhombus. They did indeed 'rock' \m/ (even Rob who was a little bit good but ssshhhhhhhhhh). Such an honor to play with The Smurphs for Sid's last gig :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Top night folks. Cheers to Quiffy for dancing to nearly every song :notworthy: :notworthy:

:evil: to Francis for not even saying bye............. :(
Only a paand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

that'll be my fault - i kinda dragged him and pam away....

and the dancing frenzy was my way of making up for not goign to ze vendy haus ;) :D

still sore and huungover even now! bloody good night that :notworthy:

i realised earlier that i took a couple of photos with my camera-phone too! they're pure smog - you can't see a bloody thing :lol: when i get into work tomorrow i'll transfer them onto my pc and upload them somewhere... anyone that saw the sisters on the last "smoke and mirrors" tour should recognise the scene :lol: :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Lord of the Night
Road Kill

You Fat Bitch t-shirts appearing soon ..........

Great night despite getting into bed at 2:15 am to get out again at 6:00 am ................
" Dennison to Mutch , Mutch onto Bull , goal ! "
Ice*Maiden
Road Kill

Good Man! Hope my absence didnt upset you too much!!
God Told Me To Do It..
Francis
Overbomber

Sexygothâ„¢ wrote::evil: to Francis for not even saying bye............. :(
My sincerest apologies, but you seemed to be otherwise engaged. Strong vocal perfomance by your goodself, I thought. Both off and onstage. Twas also an honour to shake Richey's hand.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Thanks all for coming along . A rather bittersweet gig for me really with Sid leaving still feel a bit wierd about the whole thing, sort of muted i suppose.

Cheers to the sublime Exploding Kid, and the continually improving Rhombus!! We will be supporting you soon!

Thanks in particular to Emilystrange and Mr Strange for making the pilgimage for Norwich of all places.... what can i say but awsome effort :) and of course SG for standing in for Mia, great job.

So an era closes.

The Smurphs go on though and our new singer was in attendence last night, and he should be with us for the next 12 months or so before heading to Oz. The circle is complete you might say as he is....... Dave, our origional singer and founder member of the band !!!

More on that soon.

Next gig, with Rhombus too is the Morcambe Dogfest Sept 11th. The origional 3 members of the band re-united. Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers again for Crewe, made it easier for me having everyone there.

Quiff, The Snoweys (thanks for the recording!), Francis and Mrs Francis, The Wintermutes, The Grinn Reapers, Richey James, our friends form the Leeds gig whose names ive completely forgotten (doh!), D00mey (so proud!) and for course The Stranges.

It will never be quite the same again.

Paddy.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Lord of the Night wrote:You Fat Bitch t-shirts appearing soon ..........

Great night despite getting into bed at 2:15 am to get out again at 6:00 am ................
teeeeeeeeeeeeeerwat :evil: :evil:

Wasn't funny y'know..........
Only a paand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

for those unable to attend (and those who's recollection is a little hazy) it all looked a little bit like this:

(apologies for the poor quality but it's the best my poor camera phone could manage in all that fog!)
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Niiiiice!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

you're welcome. but everyone has to come HERE next.
you do realise that was more than an effort than for a darkness gig, nearly?
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Apologies

Firstly to the sound bloke (but in all fairness I did apologise after and even bowed)

Rob for slapping him quite hard across the face (but again it wasn't my fault. He moved his head. Was supposed to get a slap upside the head)

Paddy for me being too damn good.........

(well really that's only one apology as the other two don't really count)

Thank yous

Ian rhythm Smurph, without you we would have had to walk home :notworthy:

Paddy for letting me be too damn good

All me fans...........<sniff> 8)
Only a paand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Sexygothâ„¢ wrote:All me fans...........<sniff> 8)
what was it like having Rhombus opening for you :?: :lol: :lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i think, possibly apart from richey, i got the closest view of the front of that dress.... heee :)
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

A few more pictures that Rob Rhombus didn't take at all. I don't care what he says. Lying bastard...........

Smoke

More smoke

And a little bit more...
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

<starts singing> Mr & Mrs.....
Only a paand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

And last but not least.....

A really good band and Rob
Only a paand.
mockeldritch
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Sexygothâ„¢ wrote:<starts singing> Mr & Mrs.....
That's enough of that! You'll be over my knee if you're not careful young lady!
Very little of what you believe to be true is actually the case.

Sorry.