The fabled Sisterhood demo version of 'This Corrosion'

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

:notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek:
:D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy:
:eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D
:notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek:
:D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy:
:eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D :eek: :notworthy: :D
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Sick Puppy......................But I Like You :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Silver_Owl
The Don

weebleswobble wrote:Sick Puppy......................But I Like You :lol:
Danke. :kiss:
And it was high-brow even for me. :roll: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Ozpat wrote:How long did that take rush? :lol:
I dunno, but I'm sure I can see the number 8 in there somewhere... :lol:
James Blast
Banned

I see the letter N
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I can also see the bottom half of a pentagram, the whole of an inverse pentagram (Satan? You there?) and a sideways Star Of David.

Stars in their eyes, and all...
lachert
Overbomber

it was such a nice topic :innocent:
long live rock'n'roll
James Blast
Banned

lachert wrote:it was such a nice topic :innocent:
Well I think it sounds really ropey and even though I am no fan of Jim Stienman and his overblown pomp rock, he really gave it a kick up the erse. Otherwise its like a bad DAF or proto Depeche/Soft/Mode/Cell.

Happy now?

I'd still like to thank diddley2 for giving me the chance to hear it :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I m a sucker for rough sisters demos
so i love this one the same as the rest :wink: :D :D :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
Multifaceted
Road Kill

Aww..... so while I was sick in bed with a stomach virus, struggling to remain conscious and wishing that, if I could just cut off my body from the jawline downwards, I'd feel quite a bit better, I missed the demo. :cry: This is enough to make me feel weak again....

Oh well, I can still appreciate the effort taken on diddley2's behalf. :)

Edit-- :lol: Wow, judging by the hawks watching this thread, maybe I shouldn't have said anything at all....
Last edited by Multifaceted on 31 Dec 2006, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
ShadyRacing
Road Kill

maybe someone wants to pm me with a gift?
Nic
Slight Overbomber

ShadyRacing wrote:maybe someone wants to pm me with a gift?
Sounds shady to me. :roll:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Dark
Underneath the Rock

*sigh* I'll host it for a couple of days. After that, somebody else can, maybe?

If I get asked to, I'll take it down...
Big Si
School Bully

Dark wrote:*sigh* I'll host it for a couple of days. After that, somebody else can, maybe?

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Multifaceted
Road Kill

Big Si wrote:
Dark wrote:*sigh* I'll host it for a couple of days. After that, somebody else can, maybe?

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I second that. :D Thank you very, very much.

I can, in return, offer to host the file indefinitely...so long as the one who originally offered it up doesn't mind (just to be safe, I won't put up a link until I'm sure it's allowed).

Or--couldn't it also go in one of the sisters yahoo groups, if it's allowed?
James Blast
Banned

more-sedatives-pls wrote:I must be a total bunghole
but
we love our smoke and mirrors in here :von:
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I've turned on a fan, and pawned off the mirrors.

Everyone share your rarest goods!
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

c'mon James

a real answer pls
Immodium for the people
James Blast
Banned

more-sedatives-pls wrote:c'mon James

a real answer pls
I'm not one of the 'high & mighty' or the 'inner circle', so I have nothing rare or buried to share. If I did, I probably would, and maybe that's where I went wrong.
I also understand QBs rules, understand his motives and since this is his front garden we're playing in, I ain't gonna shit on the roses.

Dig?
~ Peter Steele
more-sedatives-pls

James Blast wrote:
more-sedatives-pls wrote:c'mon James

a real answer pls
I'm not one of the 'high & mighty' or the 'inner circle', so I have nothing rare or buried to share. If I did, I probably would, and maybe that's where I went wrong.
I also understand QBs rules, understand his motives and since this is his front garden we're playing in, I ain't gonna shit on the roses.

Dig?
They'd grow better though

nevermind

topic closed
Immodium for the people
James Blast
Banned

Wise choice.
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

strange :|

for the record, i have no idea who (if anyone) has asked the original poster to take this demo down.

what i will say is that as far as i can tell its only such an item of interest because of its relative obscurity. its certainly of no greater technical merit than the demos for, say, lucretia or dominion. its a curiosity piece and little else :roll:

if the original poster has indeed been asked to take remove the download, then i would imagine its unlikely to be anything to do with eldritch and more likely to do with a. n. other preferring to keep up the hype surrounding the track (thus the reference to "smoke & mirrors")

i see 3 possible reasons for it:

1) lets face it, i'm pretty sure several of the more hard-core collectors & traders that have had this demo for a while have used it as leverage to get their hands on other obscure stuff. and i'm sure they have been doing so for years... making it public like this severely devalues its use as trading currency.

2) it has been widely known that some of the artists concerned with the original recording have had copies of it since day one (more or less). as such, they have been able to gain kudos and build a certain mystique about the whole period when the demo was recorded. again, making the recording publicly & freely available like this severely devalues its use as currency for buying "cool".

3) enough people now have it for its distribution to continue without the original poster's further involvement. it's out there. his work has been done, and as such he can remove it, thus giving the appearance of having removed it when asked, safe in the knowledge that "his work here is done".

i'm inclined to believe it's a combination of all three factors... :|

my own personal view on the matter? quite frankly i don't care if its still available or not. i'm glad i had the chance to grab a copy while i could, and i am quite amused by the track's content (lordy, doesn't he like over-emote, our uncle andy?!?), but only because its something i hadn't heard before.

the song isn't a cure for cancer, it won't bring about world peace, and it certainly doesn't make me love the sisters any more or any less, its simply a curio. "baby pictures", as eldritch once called his older material. and like other baby pictures, they are only really interesting when placed in context of how the baby grew up.

this demo shows how the song started as a fairly typical early demo - a pedestrian drum-machine & bass oriented track, with farty synth noises and a half-finished chorus & verse.

ie: its pretty much par for the course with the floodland demos.

the point of interest around the whole affair should really be that eldritch and "big jim" managed to turn this plodder into the barn-storming funk-a-thon that it ended up being :von: :notworthy:

i don't think anyone would have paid anywhere near the attention they did had the sisters come back with something as utterly un-bastard groovy or as un-grandiose as the demo version sounds.

and again for the record, no one has voiced their displeasure to me regarding the track's availability, and no one has asked me to remove it (nor could they as its nothing to do with me :!: ).

its just another demo, albeit one which took a while to make it "out" into the world... its not the first and i'm sure it wont be the last.
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 02 Jan 2007, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Oi, stop being all sensible, plain-spoken and frank. Remember where you are.
анархия
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

This must be the cleanest Sisters demo track I've ever heard. First time I hear Andrew sing like this. Quite a surprise to notice that all the basics of the later hit single were there, up to the hey hey hey hey hey now now now now. Is this all electronics? I mean, this sounds so slick I can't imagine hearing a real bass guitar in this.

So I understand this is one of the, what, 8 versions you have lying around somewhere... :innocent:
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
limur

Thank you. I nearly missed it... :roll:

It's a happy new year now... :lol: :eek:

Marvellous :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk