Worst Sisters songs.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
doc P
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Purple Light wrote:I don't know how anyone cannot love Crash & Burn.!
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

BillyBadBreaks wrote:The Sisters are the only band where I love every song :notworthy:
amen to that Jeff! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

in fact what are we even doing in this thread? :roll: :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
James Blast
Banned

anyone mentioned Phantom yet?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:anyone mentioned Phantom yet?
Me like it ! ;D
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
BillyBadBreaks wrote:The Sisters are the only band where I love every song :notworthy:
amen to that Jeff! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

in fact what are we even doing in this thread? :roll: :wink:
I had to check the thread out to see what these poor unfortunate souls are confused about! :wink:

PS This is like asking what was your worst shag? They are all good, some maybe better than others, but still all good :lol:
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
eastmidswhizzkid

:lol: :notworthy: :lol:

Badlander
Overbomber

BillyBadBreaks wrote: PS This is like asking what was your worst shag? They are all good, some maybe better than others, but still all good :lol:
A maybe-not-so-wise-I-dunno man once said that sex was like golf. Even if you suck at it, it's still great fun. Can't say, I've never played golf. 8)
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I love you guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:I love you guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love me too. ;D :innocent:
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Anaconda by far is the most awful song ever done and should be put straight to the top of the 'whate were they thinking' pile.Tterrible. I spoke to Eldritch (ne: Taylor) during a phone call once in late 1984 and the band where about to re-record Adrenochrome, but for some reason it never transpired. As fo the Damage Done stuff being on the crap list. You can't really fault it seeing as it sounded like it was done in a shed at the bottom of the garden on a dictophone during a gale.

If I can think of any more I'll get back to you. Bit "On the Wire " and "Poison Door" are a close second.

Did you know that b-sides of the "No Time To Cry " has one member of the Sisters missing ? Can u guess who...?
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

Ramone wrote:Anaconda by far is the most awful song ever done and should be put straight to the top of the 'whate were they thinking' pile.Tterrible. I spoke to Eldritch (ne: Taylor) during a phone call once in late 1984 and the band where about to re-record Adrenochrome, but for some reason it never transpired. As fo the Damage Done stuff being on the crap list. You can't really fault it seeing as it sounded like it was done in a shed at the bottom of the garden on a dictophone during a gale.

If I can think of any more I'll get back to you. Bit "On the Wire " and "Poison Door" are a close second.

Did you know that b-sides of the "No Time To Cry " has one member of the Sisters missing ? Can u guess who...?
I must be permanently out of it as I love Anaconda, On The Wire, and Poison Door :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

Ramone wrote:If I can think of any more I'll get back to you. Bit "On the Wire " and "Poison Door" are a close second.
I quite liked you, up till now
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid

seconded (again)...but even allowing for my loving all their songs these three are in the "awesome" section.

and gary marx slept on my bedroom floor once (though it wasn't my bedroom at the time) do i get a prize? :innocent:

BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:seconded (again)...but even allowing for my loving all their songs these three are in the "awesome" section.

and gary marx slept on my bedroom floor once (though it wasn't my bedroom at the time) do i get a prize? :innocent:
Sure, but I am not sure what you deserve :wink: :lol:
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

James Blast wrote:
Ramone wrote:If I can think of any more I'll get back to you. Bit "On the Wire " and "Poison Door" are a close second.
I quite liked you, up till now
Are ye back an ya feet Senior Blast? :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:and gary marx slept on my bedroom floor once (though it wasn't my bedroom at the time) do i get a prize? :innocent:
they used to dish out teapots round here Lee ask some of the 'older' members
BillyBadBreaks wrote:Are ye back an ya feet Senior Blast? :notworthy:
feet is the bad word around here Jeff I have serious nerve damage to them and I'm in constant pain, unless I drink copious amounts of beer and/or red wine :D
but...
I'm more than happy just to see you around these parts again my auld friend Image

now don't Go Home Ya Hun! :lol:
~ Peter Steele
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

What did you do now? Is there any bit of you that works? :wink:
I am only saying that as I am waiting to see the surgeon about possible hernia surgery AGAIN! :urff:
James Blast
Banned

Bad Life, Jeff, nae excuse... :oops:
~ Peter Steele
BillyBadBreaks
Fat Forgetful Bastard

James Blast wrote:Bad Life, Jeff, nae excuse... :oops:
aye, but wit aboot you :wink:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I *heart* Anaconda. Pffffffffffffffft. :eek:

Now, that one with the whole sun shining on aluminium bit, and stuff...ffs, no. Not that one. NO! I refuse! :urff: :twisted: :innocent: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

as said a few times, not one sisters song is bad, because... well, they're sisters songs. no explanation at hand or needed.
however, some or less good than others. so this topic is really your favorite sisters songs but then listed backwards :wink:

in my case, in that order:
- You could be the one
- War on drugs
- Will I dream
- Under the gun
- Detonation boulevard (allthough live with Dr Jeep it's great!)
- Dr Jeep
- Alice 2003 (not so much for musical reasons as for the commercial intention)

i always thought i disliked the vision thing album, but that's just because the bon jovi tracks (vision thing, dr jeep, detonation boulevard) tend to overpower the admirable songs (with ribbons being one of my all time favs).

and someone in this thread admitted to skip black planet, and i have to say i don't like it as much as i used to... can't explain why though
Badlander
Overbomber

kazamel wrote:as said a few times, not one sisters song is bad, because... well, they're sisters songs. no explanation at hand or needed.
however, some or less good than others.
They're good because... they're good, period. Not just because there's TSOM written on the cover. Otherwise you can start calling yourself a fetishist. Which you have every right to be, but I'm not sure that was your real intention. :wink: :innocent:

Erm... Alice 2003 ? Now is that an ultra super rare release no one here knows about ? How much is it worth on eBay ? :eek: :lol: 8)
As for commercial intention...
a- I have no problem with that as such. Doesn't stop a song from being good per se.
b- That was just a b-side. :innocent:
c- Me like this new version.
skynet
Road Kill

kazamel wrote:as said a few times, not one sisters song is bad, because... well, they're sisters songs. no explanation at hand or needed.
however, some or less good than others. so this topic is really your favorite sisters songs but then listed backwards :wink:

in my case, in that order:
- You could be the one
- War on drugs
- Will I dream
- Under the gun
- Detonation boulevard (allthough live with Dr Jeep it's great!)
- Dr Jeep

i always thought i disliked the vision thing album, but that's just because the bon jovi tracks (vision thing, dr jeep, detonation boulevard) tend to overpower the admirable songs (with ribbons being one of my all time favs).

and someone in this thread admitted to skip black planet, and i have to say i don't like it as much as i used to... can't explain why though
"War on Drugs" and "Will I Dream?" are amongst my favourite songs being played in the gigs in recent years. Yes, "Doctor jeep/Detonation Boulevard" is great. Everyone says that album "Vision Thing" is not as
good as the previous two albums. Indeed I don't like it that much either.
But some songs like "Ribbons" "Something fast" "I Was Wrong" are
always great. At the time of early 90s, hard rock was very popular and
many bands like "Guns N' Roses, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi" achieved
huge success commercially and worldwidely. I think Sisters also just
tried to push themselves towards this trend. My disappointment about Vision Thing Album is that guitars sounds like just crap. Sisters guitar
has to sound like sisters.

:evil:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

The only thing I can add to this most unusual thread is that Will I Dream? sometimes sounds a bit flat. Other times, however, like the Forum in 98 (well spotted skynet) it rocks like an epileptic b@stard. :notworthy:

Pretty much every time I think 'wish they'd drop <insert tune of the day>' they play a storming version (cf. Something Fast - Leeds 2001, Giving Ground - Leeds 2005, etc).

And now it's all gonna be different again with this new-fangled Count Of Monte Christo or whatever he's called. 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Badlander wrote:

Erm... Alice 2003 ? Now is that an ultra super rare release no one here knows about ? How much is it worth on eBay ? :eek: :lol: 8)
As for commercial intention...
a- I have no problem with that as such. Doesn't stop a song from being good per se.
b- That was just a b-side. :innocent:
c- Me like this new version.
I think that's the Lowpower mix or something alike, isn't it? Just a track remixed by somebody to which The Sisters aren't even slightly connected
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr