3 May 2006 -Leeds University

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Rise&Reverberate
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The Refec capacity is 2,100. Looks like Jumbo have got 36 tickets left. Can't really see it selling out, most of the other ticket sites are still selling them for Leeds. You never know though....could be a last minute rush :wink:
Dan
Overbomber

Rise&Reverberate wrote:The Refec capacity is 2,100. Looks like Jumbo have got 36 tickets left. Can't really see it selling out, most of the other ticket sites are still selling them for Leeds. You never know though....could be a last minute rush :wink:
Earlier in the thread Mrs. Snowey mentioned having really low ticket numbers - different ticket sellers obviously have different blocks of tickets, so Jumbo's ticket numbers won't be an indication of the tickets selling out.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Maybe Jumbo are even selling the tickets toward the end of their number-range first to try to get us to panic. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Maybe Jumbo are even selling the tickets toward the end of their number-range first to try to get us to panic. :lol:
:lol: Is there ploy working Mark?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Planet Dave wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:finally got my tickets from jumbo 8)
No freebies? Cripes, one can only imagine the quality of heckling now you've had to pay for the privilege. :lol: :notworthy:
there was a potential blag in with choque and his mrs (choque's blags usually work, but sometimes they dont), in which case it would have been on the balcony - and much heckling and fruit & veg throwing would have been had by all :lol: :twisted:

but in the end i bottled it and decided i'd get tix just in case :|

might still see if we can up in the rafters for some rotting fruit-related hijinx :innocent: :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote: might still see if we can up in the rafters for some rotting fruit-related hijinx :innocent: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Watch where you're aiming that stuff Mister. :twisted: Any lands in the pit and you'll know it. :lol: (though obviously we'd know it first).
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote: might still see if we can up in the rafters for some rotting fruit-related hijinx :innocent: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Watch where you're aiming that stuff Mister. :twisted: Any lands in the pit and you'll know it. :lol: (though obviously we'd know it first).
I have a very close source at a well-known Greengrocers in Headingley (i.e. Our Lass) who can supply an endless amount of bruised, rotten or just generally stinky produce.

Considering the rib episode, would this be a good idea? A slightly mouldy tomato could take Von out.
James Blast
Banned

I thought Quavers and Chewits were our weapons of choice
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:I thought Quavers and Chewits were our weapons of choice
Think again James. How much funnier would the impact from a severely past-it's-best plum be on Von's bald bonce, as opposed to a sweet? :wink: :lol: Still, could be worse, it used to be sharpened 2p pieces back in Manchester. :urff:
James Blast
Banned

we must fight fire with flame retardant sweets David, I mean all that smoke... something must be afire! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ticket numbers 1924 and 1925 are now in my grubby little mitts. See the "Slightly Happy" thread in general (when I get to it)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Ticket numbers 1924 and 1925 are now in my grubby little mitts. See the "Slightly Happy" thread in general (when I get to it)
Wash yer mitts, yer scruffy get.
scotty
Overbomber

Where/when is everyone meeting pre-gig?, those coming from the far frozen North are partial to a wee aperitif before a gig ye ken :twisted: , is it just going to be straight to the Uni'?.

Keith
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

I think I can still have a smoke doon therr too, heaven... I am come :D
~ Peter Steele
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

in the 20th annyversary gig in 2001 the refectory didn´t sell out but was quite packed in my opinion....

it was my first sisters gig, the best one that I´ve seen in my life.

I can´t be there, but i hope that this one is as special as the one, five years ago was!!!! I´m sure it will be..... enjoy!!!
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the fenton is the obvious choice for pre-leeds uni gig meetups, being just around the corner from the venue, but its small and will be rammed to the ceiling with goffixs ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Quiff Boy wrote:the fenton is the obvious choice for pre-leeds uni gig meetups, being just around the corner from the venue, but its small and will be rammed to the ceiling with goffixs ;)
The Fenton is nice, as long as you don't try their pizzas.... :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
Francis
Overbomber

There's always the Faversham, or even the Union Bar. Students or goths. Difficult choice.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:von: is more likely to use the Fav as his pre-gig hangout I'd guess.
—Bertrand Russell
Francis
Overbomber

Best steer clear then since I owe him a drink.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Fenton is that bit easier to find for the out-of-towners. Or there's always the Drydock - big enough, and probably a good number of folk in for the show. Still, wherever. Someone else can play Dad and decide, I do it for a living. :lol:

Though make it simple, I've got to co-ordinate the assorted rabble staying at mine, at least at the start of the night. Things may go swiftly downhill... :roll: :twisted:
Francis
Overbomber

Life was much simpler when the only place to go at 2am was Terry's...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dry Dock seems like a decent-ish compromise. Or the Fenton if we can all squeeze in.
—Bertrand Russell
Bill Farmyard
Road Kill

Just received my tickets yesterday direct from the Uni website, numbers 1439 and 1440 - so do danger of it selling out just yet !!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I knew I'd have to stick my oar in eventually, and make a decision. Am I a control freak, or just a dad? :lol: :lol: :lol: (the very notion :lol: ).

Given that The Fenton is small, will be rammed with goffix :lol: :notworthy: , and consists of lots of little rooms and dark corners, it may prove difficult for people (us lot) to find each other, particularly if we don't really know what we look like. (eh?). So, howzabout the Drydock. Big, open plan, groovy. And not too far to walk to the gig.

Da? Nyet?