May 2 - London Astoria

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Pasche
Road Kill

Newbie here, hope I'm not interrupting. There's a single ticket on the UK site with 4 days to run going for a quid at the moment so theres a chance the silly bids will calm down...at least into double figures anyway
ruffers
Overbomber

shhhhh
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Pasche
Road Kill

Oops..sorry. The seller of the first pair of tickets is back, hope he/she/it doesn't make the same sort of money as last time the skanky bastard
Silver_Owl
The Don

One of my young trendy colleagues had the NME the other day and low and behold there was a Sisters advert in there. For some reason this date is missing.......?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
canon docre
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:One of my young trendy colleagues had the NME the other day and low and behold there was a Sisters advert in there. For some reason this date is missing.......?
maybe because the gig is sold out? :innocent:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Silver_Owl
The Don

canon docre wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:One of my young trendy colleagues had the NME the other day and low and behold there was a Sisters advert in there. For some reason this date is missing.......?
maybe because the gig is sold out? :innocent:
Ah - but they normally like to advertise the fact that a gig is sold out. It makes them look really popular. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Mickpit
Road Kill

I saw in this months Q Magazine that there are 2 different adverts for the UK tour, 1 had all the UK dates except the Astoria and on a different page there's an ad' for the Astoria only. It must be a North / South thing :wink:
I'm not young enough to know everything
ruffers
Overbomber

Different promoter?
robertzombie
Overbomber

What does the advert look like? anyone got scans?
robertzombie
Overbomber

Based on this wonderful poster...
amph_logic wrote:Image
Last edited by robertzombie on 11 Apr 2006, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

'Scuse I if this has been asked elsewhere, but I'm really at panic stations now...

Where is everyone else staying for this one :?: Cutting it pretty fine with accommodation plans... :?
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
ruffers
Overbomber

At home at this rate - still looking for a decent priced ticket... or a plus one :wink:
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

Yay I have my bite the silver bullet/FALAA CD logo tattoo done on the top of my right arm now :D the artist did an amazing job despite me being abit flinchy at first as it was my first! So if anyone see's a random girl wandering around at the astoria gig with that tattoo come over and say hi :D
"f**k me and marry me young"
robertzombie
Overbomber

any piccies? :innocent:
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

I tried to get my mum to send me the pic she took but it didn't work :evil: But I'm using a usb to load it on tomorrow. I love it so much, it was worth the pain! Because the lines in the eyes are so close together they have been blacked out because they would fade together anyway but that just makes it look darker! The star fades from black to dark purple aswell.
Sorry going on abit of a rant away from the astoria topic but I just wanted to let HLers know to keep an eye out so I could meet some of you, being new and feeling so welcomed so quickly!
Silver_Owl
The Don

daggs wrote:I tried to get my mum to send me the pic she took but it didn't work :evil: But I'm using a usb to load it on tomorrow. I love it so much, it was worth the pain! Because the lines in the eyes are so close together they have been blacked out because they would fade together anyway but that just makes it look darker! The star fades from black to dark purple aswell.
Sorry going on abit of a rant away from the astoria topic but I just wanted to let HLers know to keep an eye out so I could meet some of you, being new and feeling so welcomed so quickly!
Will you be wearing your nurses outfit? I might not recognise you without.
:innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

lol just changed the pic before reading that! No unfortunately...and quite scarily...I leant my little sister the outfit to go to her schools fancy dress party thing (well she did the usual kid thing of saying she needed a costume the night before!! must have scared some teachers I'm sure with it being pvc :innocent: ) and she went and lost it :(
Silver_Owl
The Don

daggs wrote:lol just changed the pic before reading that! No unfortunately...and quite scarily...I leant my little sister the outfit to go to her schools fancy dress party thing (well she did the usual kid thing of saying she needed a costume the night before!! must have scared some teachers I'm sure with it being pvc :innocent: ) and she went and lost it :(

:lol: Just make sure you wear a sleeveless top then. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

:lol: doing better than that, wearing a long black and purple (sleevless) purple dress that you could spot a mile away most likely, although the temptation to put on my tour t-shirt as soon as I've bought it might be hard to resist!
I'll be refraining from buying the sisters gegen nazis shirt as my partner has a nan that was in a nazi prisoner of war camp and would go abit psycho if i ran into her with it on!...I'd be disowned in her mind for life although it might amuse the rest of the family! She's really scarey aswell :eek:
Silver_Owl
The Don

daggs wrote::lol: doing better than that, wearing a long black and purple (sleevless) purple dress that you could spot a mile away most likely, although the temptation to put on my tour t-shirt as soon as I've bought it might be hard to resist!
I'll be refraining from buying the sisters gegen nazis shirt as my partner has a nan that was in a nazi prisoner of war camp and would go abit psycho if i ran into her with it on!...I'd be disowned in her mind for life although it might amuse the rest of the family! She's really scarey aswell :eek:
You want to be careful nobody stands on the hem then.
I'm sure your partners nan would appreciate the sentiment of smashing Nazis. Get her one. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

it says nazis on it, thats enough for her! bad memories and everything
ruffers
Overbomber

daggs wrote:...I leant my little sister the outfit to go to her schools fancy dress party thing ....she went and lost it :(
Must have been some party.... :innocent:
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

these primary school parties can get pretty wild I've heard :innocent: lol I think (or at least hope) she lost it afterwards at home...if not I really don't want to know the circumstances!
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:any piccies? :innocent:

:D
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

2 weeks and 3 days :D I'm getting myself too hyped up and impatient looking at each live date thread. But my bf still hasn't given in to the idea of going to Ben Crouchs beforehand and I really want to meet some fellow HLers in person :(