all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

cduniverse.com wrote:Scheduled to release Monday, October 30, 2006
maybe that is the reason why HMV dosen't have these . :roll:
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

[quote="mh"]What a rather nice surprise on a Thursday evening!

Quibbles:
1) Are we going to get the REAL FALAA this time?

Why the Jap / CD Version is much better.

2) Where the f--k are Body & Soul, Body Electric, Train and Afterhours

Body and Soul on ASCOO interstinf abot the other three though, refering i guess to the later recording of body electric.

3) Jumping on the "seminal 80s darkly-hued band in remastered-special-extended-edition-with-bonus-tracks-and-rarities-some-previously-unavailable shock" thing years after all other record labels merely serves to underline Von's opinion of his erstwhile record label.

Well ANYTHING that gets te sisters publicity is a good thing, as it was for the m*****n/eves with the phonogram compilations, Warners will always be abple to promoter the sisters far better than any indie label, the sisters need mainstream promotion, this is a very good way of doing it.

4) For crying out loud, give us a proper "Demos and Rarities" CD!

Why should they? Demos are exactly that demos, work in progress, the casual fan wont be interested, and im sure Andrew wouldnt want his baby photos published, he said as much in 92 when some girls came out.

5) Do the honourable thing and give us a "Complete BBC Sessions" CD as well.

Not a bad Idea, maybe that might happen.

Matthew
allfear

Syberberg wrote: "What length can a CD-DA offer?
The specification for the timing on a CD-DA and other CD formats is based on a spiral along which the read laser tracks. That spiral had a nominal length for writing the full disc which corresponds to 74 minutes. .
The real reaason that CDs were a max of 74 minutes in the early days was that it was the maxinum length of umatic tape which was used with the sony PCM system to master CDs.

Matthew
allfear

theyoungbrain wrote:perhaps, someone like sanctuary would be the best bet! they seem to be into signing the 'older' artiste. would they be BIG nough for von though?
Sanctuary are and have been for a while on the verge of going busy, because they have consitiently put ou too many releases and not promoted them properly

matthew
robertzombie
Overbomber

Motz wrote:
robertzombie wrote:if the largest music store in the World doesn't have these on it's system then... :(
I guess no thorncult releases exist then. Oh well.

Information about different things travels to different people at different speeds. It's not even a month before release, having them in the system now would just be a whole lot of f**king uselessness.
I was only reiterating what the guy at the desk told me.
canon docre
Overbomber

kerebus wrote: FL
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 1172&BAB=E

"A definite milestone, newly remastered and housed in a foldout digipack sleeve with new linernotes."

VT
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 1173&BAB=E

"Again, newly remastered and bolstered with extended mixes and a couple of additional live tracks, housed in a foldout digipack sleeve with new linernotes."
would be very interesting to know who wrote the linernotes.....
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
eotunun
Overbomber

canon docre wrote:

"A definite milestone, newly remastered and housed in a foldout digipack sleeve with new linernotes."

VT

"Again, newly remastered and bolstered with extended mixes and a couple of additional live tracks, housed in a foldout digipack sleeve with new linernotes."
Quote from the linenotes:
"(..)...so you may believe us. He´s a fud.
Yours,
Craig & Wayne"
:?:
There is shadow under this red rock
Dark
Underneath the Rock

robertzombie wrote:
Motz wrote:
robertzombie wrote:if the largest music store in the World doesn't have these on it's system then... :(
I guess no thorncult releases exist then. Oh well.

Information about different things travels to different people at different speeds. It's not even a month before release, having them in the system now would just be a whole lot of f**king uselessness.
I was only reiterating what the guy at the desk told me.
They're not getting our CDs until I feel they deserve to have them. ;)

Self-important c**t? Moi?

You bet.
James Blast
Banned

does anyone deserve them...

;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Nic
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:
canon docre wrote:

VT

Quote from the linenotes:
"(..)...so you may believe us. He´s a fud.
Yours,
Craig & Wayne"
:?:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Syberberg

allfear wrote:
Syberberg wrote: "What length can a CD-DA offer?
The specification for the timing on a CD-DA and other CD formats is based on a spiral along which the read laser tracks. That spiral had a nominal length for writing the full disc which corresponds to 74 minutes. .
The real reaason that CDs were a max of 74 minutes in the early days was that it was the maxinum length of umatic tape which was used with the sony PCM system to master CDs.

Matthew
I didn't know that..learn something new everyday! I knew it was used for video, but not audio. Could be also that the early CD-DA's spiral length was restricted to make it standardised (you know how much corporations love blandness..sorry, compatability)?

mh When did the majors stop using Red-Book? And I did draw a distinction between the CD-DA and CD-R/RW, thanks for the backup.

As for these re-releases...if they've put the vinyl version of F&L&A on CD, I'll be having that. Not sure about Floodland and VT though. :|

To those who were saying VT needs the remaster...buy a better hi-fi :wink:

It's storming on my Marantz separates and when played through my studio nearfields it's very yummy indeed. I really, really, really hope they've not had the dynamic range completely buggered by compression :urff: :urff: :urff:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Syberberg

James Blast wrote:does anyone deserve them... ;D
Depends on what you define as a lethal weapon... ;D
mh
Above the Chemist

Syberberg wrote:mh When did the majors stop using Red-Book?
Round about the same time they started loading copy protection onto CDs. If you look at any recent copy protected CD, it shouldn't have the CD-DA logo on, on account of not conforming to the standard. There's an article somewhere (can't remember) about it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mh
Above the Chemist

kerebus wrote:FALAA
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 1171&BAB=E

"The unknown story of this album is that ever since it has been availble on CD, and inferior 'copy' master was utilised. Remastered from the multitracks for the first time, it now sounds better than ever before and is augmented by six tracks, all non-album 'B' sides plus "Some Kind Of Stranger (Early)" a previously unissued track from the album sessions."
Yesssssssssssssssssss!

Although also: "unknown" my arse!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

I thought you were on holiday (not by) mistake Michael?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:I thought you were on holiday (not by) mistake Michael?
Off tomorrow, cheers.
Syberberg

mh wrote:Round about the same time they started loading copy protection onto CDs. If you look at any recent copy protected CD, it shouldn't have the CD-DA logo on, on account of not conforming to the standard. There's an article somewhere (can't remember) about it.
I had a look on the last CD I bought (The Neph's Mourning Sun Ltd. Edt.) and, sure enough, no sign of the CD-DA logo, but no mention of copy-protection either.

Don't worry about not remembering where the article is, it makes sense that the Red Book would have to be ditched, the copy protection would require different info on the run in where the Red Book TOC would normally be. Cheers mate. :notworthy:
allfear

Syberberg wrote:
I didn't know that..learn something new everyday! I knew it was used for video, but not audio. Could be also that the early CD-DA's spiral length was restricted to make it standardised (you know how much corporations love blandness..sorry, compatability)?
When CDs were mastered they used a bit of kit called a (I think) 6020 PCM Coder made by sony, it basically took audio in and turned it into a video signal, this was recorded onto umatic video tape and was used to make the glass master from, they used umatic video tape as it has in built time code so was used to make the in and out points of the CD.

The BBC still use the sony system for radio use as its a very good way of sending uncompressed audio down any video circuit.

The Umatic system was replaced in the early 90s by Exabyte data tape.

Though the first 2 All Living Fear CDs were made on Umatic!!!!! :)

Matthew
vicus

"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice! :notworthy: :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Badlander
Overbomber

amazon.co.uk now has them too ! :D
FALAA
Floodland
VT
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Looking better and better :D

I'll be inquiring at my favourite CD store when the Belgian release is due today 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

TBH I still had my doubts until I saw them on Amazon. And since they do come at mid price, I'm now really looking forward to it. :D 8)

Now what is Von thinking of it all ? :innocent:

On the one hand, new people may get the opportunity to jump on the Girls wagon. On the other hand it was all apparently done without his consent and for the sole purpose of making money.

Gimme nice booklets and great remastering and I'll be a happy man.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Badlander wrote: Gimme nice booklets and great remastering and I'll be a happy man.
Seconded!

I'm waiting for cynical remarks of Von on the Girls' website.... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Pat
Slight Overbomber

The label is Rhino Records who always seem to do a decent remastering job from my experience(vinyl rereleases).
Last edited by Pat on 25 Sep 2006, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.