March Violets Gig Arrangements/Meet Up.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

The Dry Dock does of course have the advantage of being literally across the road from the venue 8) and as Weebs say, you really couldnt miss it. :wink:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Planet Dave wrote: you really couldnt miss it. :wink:

;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
mh
Above the Chemist

So Dry Dock at 6 then. Perfect timing here, couldn't ask for better. :D :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:
scotty wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote: Where is the Dry Dock?
I'll be getting into Leeds at 3pm Libby, I'll be getting a Taxi to Chateau weebes, I could bet you in my Taxi & drop you of at The Dry Dock on the way if you like.
she'll be pissed by the time we get there! Come and visit Chateau weebes if you are in early ;D
Thanks guys :notworthy:

Not sure what time we will be getting there just yet as there is a small matter of a 5 or 6 hour drive! If it's opposite the venue we should be okay as it's not far from our hotel (The Ibis). Will get in touch with either of you fine men if we decide otherwise :D :notworthy:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

The Ibis I'm thinking of (Kirkstall Road) is almost on a straight line past the venue, towards the 'dock. Would be good!

Maisey, boudicca, could you confirm you are getting my PMs? They do not appear in my sentbox, so I am perplexed!

:?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

If they're in your Outbox, they've not been read. If they're in your Sentbox, they have. :?:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

All becomes clear! Cheers Dark :D
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I think I just confirmed :D

A solid Cheers! to Tim!
Nationalise the f**king lot.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

See you all in the Dry Dock then. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:See you all in the Dry Dock then. 8)
as if you had a choice :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

timsinister wrote:The Ibis I'm thinking of (Kirkstall Road) is almost on a straight line past the venue, towards the 'dock. Would be good!

Maisey, boudicca, could you confirm you are getting my PMs? They do not appear in my sentbox, so I am perplexed!

:?
Tim? Perplexed? Unchartered territory there then :twisted:

Yes I got it (though you're right, I never got the previous one - thought you wasn't my fwend anymore :cry: :cry: :cry: ). What a relief!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
boudicca
Sister Midnight

By the way didn't that old Ibis used to be a brothel? Can't remember who told me that but it always stuck :lol:
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

cool, see you all there about 6'ish :D I'm coming from The Comfort Inn direction, no idea how to get there :lol: but with enough cider I'm sure I'll make it.
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

boudicca wrote:By the way didn't that old Ibis used to be a brothel? Can't remember who told me that but it always stuck :lol:
Kind of. There was an infamous "massage and gentlemen's club" called Winston's on the site, it was knocked down to make way for the Ibis.

The management of the aforementioned Winston's now run a similar club called Churchill's down on Dewsbury Road.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Maisey, Claire, Andrew and Tim.. I prophesize mondo amusement incoming. :lol: ;D

T-shirt ordered as well. :notworthy:
biggy

Hope you all remember that Salvation will be on pretty early.
You might want to be there for that.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
scotty
Overbomber

biggy wrote:Hope you all remember that Salvation will be on pretty early.
You might want to be there for that.
Any idea what time biggy?.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
undertow
Amphetamine Filth

As they are on second would hazard a guess at about 8.30pm 8.45pm I very much doubt it will be any later than 9pm and they are only playing a 8 song / 30 min set .
'I have reason to believe' he said, 'that one of you has been going out at night!'
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Dark wrote:Maisey, Claire, Andrew and Tim.. I prophesize mondo amusement incoming. :lol: ;D
That's a very nice way of saying "There will be no surviving evidence of Tim O'Tei's gaff but a great smoking crater by the time we leave".... :twisted:

He brings it on 'imself :wink:

I really don't mean to rib you so mercilessly you know Tim, but it just seems to have become like some form of Tourette's wherby opportunities seem to present themselves with ever-increasing frequency the harder I try to zip it. I have great faith in your ability to return every serve though :wink:
biggy

undertow wrote:As they are on second would hazard a guess at about 8.30pm 8.45pm I very much doubt it will be any later than 9pm and they are only playing a 8 song / 30 min set .

I thought you told ME not to give any details out :kiss:

Do the doors open at 7? ....... maybe screaming banshee thingy could go on at 6.30.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

boudicca wrote: I really don't mean to rib you so mercilessly you know Tim, but it just seems to have become like some form of Tourette's wherby opportunities seem to present themselves with ever-increasing frequency the harder I try to zip it. I have great faith in your ability to return every serve though :wink:
It IS fairly common :lol:
As I've told the boys, I don't trust ANY of you to navigate your way out of a wet paper bag, so stay in touch and WHEN you get lost I can retrieve you.

:P
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

so, let me get this straight... you're all going to be relying on uncle tim to keep you safe?
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

emilystrange wrote:so, let me get this straight... you're all going to be relying on uncle tim to keep you safe?
Not at all. Some poor buggers will get myself or Weebs looking after them. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: ;D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?