MARES VIVAS REVIEW

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

plop, so been there, the show was very good, differente setlist, :oops: in differente order, was happy they play vision thing, we get new version of "this corrosion", exceptional, this one is really rare, don't think they will play again like that nowhere :lol: :lol: . We were the lucky one to get it that way ;D .
Look like :von: stop smoking but not the bloody smoke machine, still working very well even during top nite out now :evil: .
Then i read the comments quicky and i have to say that i really don't care about sound problem, i 'm not waiting for an exceptional show so i am always happy with what i get :notworthy: :notworthy: .
Happy to meet few heartlanders :notworthy: :notworthy:
Last edited by sisterstekland on 19 Nov 2008, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
lachert
Overbomber

sisterstekland wrote:Was a bit disappointed cos the band dissappear in the smoke without saying anything to me, i mean all of us :lol: :lol:
andrew looks a little bit devastated on temple of love:
long live rock'n'roll
sisters-pics
Road Kill

Some foggy pics on my website:

http://www.sisters-pics.de
James Blast
Banned

you do not speak with forked tongue ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

paul wrote:
Eva wrote: Attending a Sisters gig is an experience of fun, that you can either share or not. There's no point discussing it. Yes, there are better bands, who've kept better voices, with a more reliable sound quality, and who offer more of what the average audience expects (Nephilim in London 2008, Cure 2008, Alien Sex Fiend 2007, Bauhaus 2006 etc.).

So what??? :lol:
Eva, I totally agree with you :notworthy:
And so do I! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
THIS is my band! :von:
Sure I hoped to see new songs on a different setlist. I hope
for so much but not all dreams need to come true to feel good. :D

For the ones with the same old complaining stories. Take it or leave it. This is what the Girls are like nowadays. Just enjoy old experiences, memories and stuff....or just don't.... :wink:

Thanks a lot for all the reviews, pics and links.... :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Elise
Road Kill

Ozpat wrote:
paul wrote:
Eva wrote: Attending a Sisters gig is an experience of fun, that you can either share or not. There's no point discussing it. Yes, there are better bands, who've kept better voices, with a more reliable sound quality, and who offer more of what the average audience expects (Nephilim in London 2008, Cure 2008, Alien Sex Fiend 2007, Bauhaus 2006 etc.).

So what??? :lol:
Eva, I totally agree with you :notworthy:

For the ones with the same old complaining stories. Take it or leave it. This is what the Girls are like nowadays. Just enjoy old experiences, memories and stuff....or just don't.... :wink:

Thanks a lot for all the reviews, pics and links.... :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
Very well said , Ozpat :notworthy:
Looking forward to the show Saturday :D
Mr Mercy
Road Kill

The clips on you tube looks fantastic and really makes me want to see TSOM on a big festival stage as it looks a totaly different experience to seeing them in moderate sized venues in the Uk.
Plus seeing the likes of Peter Murphy after would be a better end to the night than just being "kicked out" of the venue as happens at the UK shows!
Mr Mercy
Road Kill

[edit] opps double posted!
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

Mr Mercy wrote: Plus seeing the likes of Peter Murphy after would be a better end to the night than just being "kicked out" of the venue as happens at the UK shows!
I saw Peter Murphy a few weeks ago. His voice is in fine form, and his band on the current tour is fantastic. :D Just so you know.
Left at the dead badger.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Llamatron wrote:
Mr Mercy wrote: Plus seeing the likes of Peter Murphy after would be a better end to the night than just being "kicked out" of the venue as happens at the UK shows!
I saw Peter Murphy a few weeks ago. His voice is in fine form, and his band on the current tour is fantastic. :D Just so you know.
seconded
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Elise wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
paul wrote: Eva, I totally agree with you :notworthy:

Very well said , Ozpat :notworthy:
Looking forward to the show Saturday :D
Would be nice to see you again Elise. Groetjes aan Joop! :D
Elise
Road Kill

Looking forward to see you-and a lot of others we met last year- too again ! See you tomorow :D 8)
paul
Overbomber

Today's the day !!! :D
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:Anyway, here's hoping for a great gig in Belgium! There's no guarantee of course, but contrary to popular belief these days, the Sisters still have it in them :notworthy:
Told you so! :D
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Andrew S wrote:
Andrew S wrote:Anyway, here's hoping for a great gig in Belgium! There's no guarantee of course, but contrary to popular belief these days, the Sisters still have it in them :notworthy:
Told you so! :D
Aye! :notworthy:
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

Hi kids!

OK, a bit late, but as I told you, I've been away for a while. And it's real hard to find Net access (or to feel up to it) when you are walking 25-30 kms per day, with an 8kgs backpack...

Anyway, my two cents...

I NEEDED THAT

I REALLY enjoyed the gig. A LOT. The setlist was great (OK, nothing new. But I like this one a lot, so...) Having last seen them at Lorca last year, I was a bit worried about the way they were going to sound... And the sound, from the right of the stage this time, was very good. I'd have loved to get closer to the moshpit, for what I saw you pple were having fun... But after dragging 3 friends to the gig, I couldn't leave them there, so I had to stay closer to them. Which meant that I was the only one moving in my area. A pity.

Those two girls who hadn't heard of the Sisters at all left before the gig was finished. Their loss, anyway. I didn't see them leave, I was too busy shouting and jumping.

About the problems, I am with Diego. I think he lost his voice. If it had been a technical problem, Ben and Chris' singing during this corrosion would not have been heard either.. (I remind myself of my English teacher, with all these would and have beens... :oops: )

I didn't see him smoking at all. I think he was drinking water (or whatever it was he was drinking was colourless this time). And he's put on some weight (Quitting smoking makes you fat). He's bald. So what? My boyfriend's bald since he turned 25... Even if I like to analyze the way he looks or what he does on stage (nothing, in this case :evil:), those are not the reasons I go to the gigs, or why I like the Sisters. If you don't understand that, you're in the wrong forum.

All that said, Peter Murphy rocked too. A great performance, that left me a bit angry with Von... 'Cause he made absolutely no concession to us! I am not sure if he even said hello... I am not asking him to sing hanging from the stage like a monkey, as Pete did (altouhgh that was really funny), but maybe a couple of words to the audience woudn't kill him?

Oh well... Off to read the Tienen reviews. I know about Good Things ( :eek: :eek: :eek: ), though, so they are bound to be good!

Oh, and sorry I didn't see anybody. Diego, I think I saw you from afar, but beer is bad for my memory, and I wasn't sure if it was you...
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Be good,

Ganith
Human stupidity knows no limits.
_emma_
Overbomber

Ganith wrote:I think he was drinking water (or whatever it was he was drinking was colourless this time).
Same in Tienen, but for some reason he seemed a bit shaky despite its lack of colour. :lol:
Is there a chance of your going to Bulgaria so we could finally meet, dear Ganith? *sigh* Wishful thinking, I know....
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

what's up with this weight? I don't see it... and if it's a few grams, so be it. Let's hope he's not on heroin still.

We talk about gaining weight in THIS case

before
http://www.merryswankster.com/images/ro ... everin.jpg

after
http://www.blogography.com/photos22/RobertSmithCure.jpg

And better to be bald and wearing sports clothes then putting up lipstick / stupid, yeah what are they, suits? like Skinny Puppy
guns & cars & accidents
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

dinky daisy wrote:what's up with this weight? I don't see it... and if it's a few grams, so be it.
Finally somebody mentioned it, thank you. At the two recent gigs I noticed that now he has an arse worth its name, and his head has become slightly less the shape of the mere skull. To me he looks healthier than he did in a long time. And I'm glad, cause I want him to stay alive for another long time.
You can't fix stupid.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

ganith

i was looking for you in the festival but my telephone was off baterries so i couldn´t phone you... :oops:

was a great festival but sorry to say that tienen was far better than this... :innocent:
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

dinky daisy wrote:what's up with this weight? I don't see it... and if it's a few grams, so be it. Let's hope he's not on heroin still.

We talk about gaining weight in THIS case

before
http://www.merryswankster.com/images/ro ... everin.jpg

after
http://www.blogography.com/photos22/RobertSmithCure.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indeed!

Don't bite me! I was just commenting! I don't give a damm if he weights 200 kilos or just 50! And he can dress as an astronaut if he wants. I don't go to the gigs to see the way he looks! (As if you could SEE much anyway ;))

Ganith
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote: Is there a chance of your going to Bulgaria so we could finally meet, dear Ganith? *sigh* Wishful thinking, I know....
Sorry dear. I looked into it... and Air tickets are over a thousand Euros!!!!

But I am going to start thinking about one of these Belgian festivals nest time...
dtsom wrote: was a great festival but sorry to say that tienen was far better than this... :innocent:
I am definitely going to start thinking about a belgian festival. Why is it you get all the fun????

That's fine Diego, next time??

:kiss:

Ganith
lachert
Overbomber

long live rock'n'roll
_emma_
Overbomber

Eva wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:what's up with this weight? I don't see it... and if it's a few grams, so be it.
Finally somebody mentioned it, thank you. At the two recent gigs I noticed that now he has an arse worth its name, and his head has become slightly less the shape of the mere skull. To me he looks healthier than he did in a long time. And I'm glad, cause I want him to stay alive for another long time.
I'll be the third to agree. I used to be fully properly anorexic some years ago, went into and through and out of the whole trip, and people paying too much attention to their own and - especially - other people's weight make me very angry ever since. Thank God I managed to refrain from joining in the "fat goths" thread that appeared in general chat some time ago cause if I'd had, there would have probably been a very ugly flamewar.
What made me fall in love with AE was - apart from other things - his long black hair :lol:, and then when that changed I just changed my mind. So, if I ever thought that his unusual thinness was charming I'll just change my mind yet again when circumstances change. :lol:
And really, really smoking is no good, it's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

_emma_ wrote:Thank God I managed to refrain from joining in the "fat goths" thread that appeared in general chat some time ago cause if I'd had, there would have probably been a very ugly flamewar.
Ditto. Hadn't I kept my mouth shut then I'd probably have been banned from this forum, cause I would have lost all manners. :lol:
You can't fix stupid.