Some rares on Ebay II

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Victim of Circumstance wrote:I know it sounds strange, but us collectors paid a rather high amount of money for some bootlegs and bootlegging (ie. faking) these items is not the idea of collecting rare items and - in addition - somehow destroys value ...
I know that. Sorry, I wasn't trying to belittle your concerns but it just seems a little ironic. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Victim of Circumstance wrote:I know it sounds strange, but us collectors paid a rather high amount of money for some bootlegs and bootlegging (ie. faking) these items is not the idea of collecting rare items and - in addition - somehow destroys value ...
I know that. Sorry, I wasn't trying to belittle your concerns but it just seems a little ironic. 8)
:lol: Have never really understood the mania for collecting every possible edition of every boot to be honest. Nor do I understand the economics of it - why does a recording where the cost includes artist's royalties, studio costs, marketing etc cost less than a less professional recording where the manufacturer is the sole recipient of the money.

Another (genuine) question - do collectors actually play boots or does that "devalue" them ??
paul
Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Another (genuine) question - do collectors actually play boots or does that "devalue" them ??
A. Some bootlegs are "Infamous". The more rare, the more expensive it gets. This is not really the case with Official stuff.
B. Bootlegs are a part of "Sisters Cult"
C. Bootlegs are pretty and smell gooooood ;-)
D. You can play them, frame them, have sex with them if you want :lol:
E. Collecting doesn't make sense.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

paul wrote:The more rare, the more expensive it gets.
A concise summary of the law of supply and demand 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

paul wrote:
A. Some bootlegs are "Infamous". The more rare, the more expensive it gets. This is not really the case with Official stuff.
You forgot:

F. They look soo pretty, just fascinating (though mostly very different from those even more fascinating old original releases)

G. They are so diverse ... colours, lables, vinyls, cds, dvds ... even postcards ... :lol: ;D ...

H. They have music on them one couldn't find elsewhere, initially.

I. They are like adventure, like adrenaline, like ... joy ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
paul wrote:
You forgot:

F. They look soo pretty, just fascinating (though mostly very different from those even more fascinating old original releases)

G. They are so diverse ... colours, lables, vinyls, cds, dvds ... even postcards ... :lol: ;D ...

H. They have music on them one couldn't find elsewhere, initially.

I. They are like adventure, like adrenaline, like ... joy ... ;D ;D ;D ...

agree with all of the above, but in addition there is the thrill of the chase as well.

In a way, finding something you have been searching for for years can be an anti climax. Great that you've got it - but what's next.

Flagg
17.auflage
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Randall Flagg wrote:
agree with all of the above, but in addition there is the thrill of the chase as well.

In a way, finding something you have been searching for for years can be an anti climax. Great that you've got it - but what's next.

Flagg
hmmm, never thought about that but you are definitly right. The thrill of chasing is one point. At the other side....you maybe have to fill this emptiness...with the next big thing...but....

Uhhh, it ´s a hard life... :)
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Dan
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:H. They have music on them one couldn't find elsewhere, initially.
For me that was the only reason for buying bootleg LP's/CD's. Surely it's all about the music?
17.auflage

that was the reason I startet with buying an collecting....things changed since them a little bit..
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Dan wrote:
Being645 wrote:H. They have music on them one couldn't find elsewhere, initially.
For me that was the only reason for buying bootleg LP's/CD's. Surely it's all about the music?
Oh yes, for isn't music always about ... everything?
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

17.auflage wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Flagg
hmmm, never thought about that but you are definitly right. The thrill of chasing is one point. At the other side....you maybe have to fill this emptiness...with the next big thing...but....

Uhhh, it ´s a hard life... :)
:lol: A lot of the views expressed here are similar to those of actors in the government anti-drugs campaigns : "Someone offered me a Damage Done, and I thought 'What harm can it do ?' But before long the legal releases weren't enough, and I was hanging around Record Fairs buying under-the-counter bootlegs. But still I didn't get the same 'rush'. Before I knew it I was sending all my cash in used notes to a mysterious guy in Greece and hoping the packages wouldn't be opened at customs" etc etc
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
17.auflage

:lol: :lol:

Yes. my name is ... and I am addicted to collect Sisters Vinyl....

Ahhhh, should think about it... :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

17.auflage wrote::lol: :lol:

Yes. my name is ... and I am addicted to collect Sisters Vinyl....

Ahhhh, should think about it... :lol:

:lol: ... believe me, you could have had it worse ... :lol: ...
paul
Overbomber

I'm in rehab for the past few months...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

paul wrote:I'm in rehab for the past few months...
Is that really true :eek: ... in that case, we have done something wrong ... :( ...
paul
Overbomber

Sisterswise, yeah, but it doesn''t have to do anything with you though ;-)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

paul wrote:Sisterswise, yeah, but it doesn''t have to do anything with you though ;-)
Nonetheless, it should not have come that far ... :wink: ... best and plenty hugs from here !!!

* ... sometimes, I've wondered how I survived for such a long time without help ...
But, I don't know it otherwise ... and I'm used to some extremely negative dimensions ... nothing can heal that but contrary experience ... :wink: ...
Rise891

I'll never forget the day I was excited to finally get my copy of the Dance on the fire record, only to find out there are 20 other colors. Such is life I guess.
I am NOT in the cool club
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Rise891 wrote:I'll never forget the day I was excited to finally get my copy of the Dance on the fire record, only to find out there are 20 other colors. Such is life I guess.
Having read recent posts, am even more glad I never got bit by the bootleg bug .. although twenty odd years ago I did once buy a copy of Saints and Martyrs...

(... and if you're wondering what colour sleeve it had, I suggest you seek professional help !)
17.auflage

OK, back to some rares ... :D

The Last Time Around...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sisters-of-Mercy ... 45fe8d91ce
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

1st edition of Psychedelic sessions, haven't seen that for a while

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sisters-of-Mercy ... 415fcfa1ec
paul
Overbomber

Rise891

paul wrote:Genuine, crap or genuine crap?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sisters-Mercy ... 1e68bf116f
The cover looks a bit like a ransom note
Rise891