Wayne on the Sisters.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Above the Chemist

playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote:
jparton wrote:How do you judge a band?
You never hear someone coming away from a m*****n live show disappointed. Fact.
... :lol: ... most likely because people listen to their records or at least try so, or they watch a vid of them on YT and decide rather not to go ... :lol: ...
At least they have records to listen to.....
There is a little light in even the dullest brain ... :lol: :kiss: ... ;D ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:As for the idea of fans paying to watch a wretched Wayne counting out the £25000 in pound coins whilst a dismissive :von: sneered down from his golden throne - pure comedy gold.
While that may (or may not) be a comical idea, it never actually happened. The 25 grand in question was the record-company advance for the first "Sisterhood" record... which :von: scooped with Giving Ground.

I always got the impression that the real animosity was always directed at Wayne from Andrew not the other way round...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

:lol: ... anybody got a copy of those vast examples of Wayne's slander somewhere?
But hell, better not, there's no point in repeating all that s**t again. It will only serve his popularity ... :lol: ...
Last edited by Being645 on 08 Sep 2011, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Sita wrote:Oh but admit it, having someone else to message another person about a ridiculous guest list is not a friendly gesture. It's the allure of either a) a 13 year old, or b) a 78 year old wannabe diva.
I vae met Andrew a lot of times. I have been backstage a number of times. I can tell you that he is (was) asking his manager for almost anything, to be put up on some guestlist, telling someone in the room not to take pictures, he has called me a few times wanted to meet me but never called himself, letting someone at the office call and hand over the phone after I have answered. etc etc etc.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Machine Regime wrote:
Whose childish idea was it on this website to block out the word 'm*****n' anyway? Is that supposed to show 'solidarity' with Herr Eldritch, Herr Administrator?
The Mission is only blocked out for people doubting the Big Plan of our own Glorious Leader Quiffy.

IZ.

solidarity? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nope, nothing so sinister...

way back in the mists of time when i started HL i was adding "obscene" words into the swear filter, and the idea of the mish being considered a swear word around here amused me a little.

'tis a gag. playing on the sillyness of many sisters fans' bitterness towards wayne & co. an in-joke, if you will.

and over the years it's just become an accepted joke.

i wouldn't worry about it or read to much into it.

fwiw, if you also type in the name of the echo & the bunneymen's 4th album, you get similar censorship: "ocean rain" becomes "their fourth album" ;D

that one was put in for mr blast's sanity :lol:

Hey Boss, can you put 'Best Album Ever' when someone types in Porcupine? :wink: ;D Am a :von: fan but I like some m*****n stuff and Wayne seems a nice person. It's a good thing there isn't a Sisters v m*****n football match. Fighting on the terraces... :roll:
The Chancer Corporation
Being645
Above the Chemist

playboy wrote:
Sita wrote:Oh but admit it, having someone else to message another person about a ridiculous guest list is not a friendly gesture. It's the allure of either a) a 13 year old, or b) a 78 year old wannabe diva.
I vae met Andrew a lot of times. I have been backstage a number of times. I can tell you that he is (was) asking his manager for almost anything, to be put up on some guestlist, telling someone in the room not to take pictures, he has called me a few times wanted to meet me but never called himself, letting someone at the office call and hand over the phone after I have answered. etc etc etc.
Well, yeah, just the normal procedure, I guess.
On the other hand, you are not Wayne, are you? And the situation there is not the usual standard ... :wink: ...
If Wayne won't check that, no wonder he puts his foot in the mud again and again.

@ abridged ... fighting on the terraces ... :lol: :notworthy: ... we really shouldn't take those communicational shortcomings as an example for us on here ... :lol: ...
playboy

Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote:
Well, yeah, just the normal procedure, I guess.
On the other hand, you are not Wayne, are you? And the situation there is not the usual standard ... :wink: ...
If Wayne won't check that, no wonder he puts his foot in the mud again and again.

@ abridged ... fighting on the terraces ... :lol: :notworthy: ... we really shouldn't take those communicational shortcomings as an example for us on here ... :lol: ...
None of us are Wayne (or?). So, I guess none of us knows what happened and why he asked someone else to put him on the list. So, what if he did, anyway....??!?!
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

as Wayne ever written a song about Eldritch? Because it appears to me that it's :von: who has been more churlish over their little spat.
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
playboy

moses wrote:as Wayne ever written a song about Eldritch? Because it appears to me that it's :von: who has been more churlish over their little spat.
well, actually he has, but not as many as Andrew wrote about Wayne. He did one just after Andrew started to freeze him out after the split. Wayne felt very sad some time after the split, Andrew was a bastard to him, as he was to Craig and Gary Marx......
Wayne wrote:
"The tryed and the trusted talk of plans
Master, past and present
Heartless wordplay, and dreams of revenge
One day we’ll look back at this
And laugh and laugh and we’ll die laughing
One day we’ll look back at this and laugh
My heart would bleed for you if I wasn’t a victim
It’s a taste of your own medicine
God’s own medicine for you
Wake, wake for you"

Then, of course, Andrew gave the Royal Albert Hall video the title Wake
Being645
Above the Chemist

playboy wrote:
moses wrote:as Wayne ever written a song about Eldritch? Because it appears to me that it's :von: who has been more churlish over their little spat.
well, actually he has, but not as many as Andrew wrote about Wayne. He did one just after Andrew started to freeze him out after the split. Wayne felt very sad some time after the split, Andrew was a bastard to him, as he was to Craig and Gary Marx......
Wayne wrote:
"The tryed and the trusted talk of plans
Master, past and present
Heartless wordplay, and dreams of revenge
One day we’ll look back at this
And laugh and laugh and we’ll die laughing
One day we’ll look back at this and laugh
My heart would bleed for you if I wasn’t a victim
It’s a taste of your own medicine
God’s own medicine for you
Wake, wake for you"

Then, of course, Andrew gave the Royal Albert Hall video the title Wake
@ moses
I don't think it was "a little spat" ... but obviously, Wayne (like others as well) was not aware of that, because he never really got what made Von act the way he did ...

* not that I flattered myself to know , but I can imagine a few varieties. And as a matter of fact, I had to note (tolled by years of, in effect, superfluous suffering), that yeah, people differ and so do their means of perception ... worlds collide ... :wink: ...

@ playboy
thanks for that. Still IMHO, Wayne made himself the victim.
Maybe he thought it was just the little rambling, pricking and wrestling he was familiar with from his personal background ... some people do have other backgrounds, though ... and sometimes it's impossible to imagine what that can actually mean, unless one wasn't in it ... :wink:

Of course, it always takes two to tango. And you wrote Andrew was a bastard to sad Wayne ... in what way? By not being so intimate any longer after Wayne had left (and together with Craig)? That's normal, isn't it?

Anyway, they were all so young at that time ... :lol: ...
moses

Being645 wrote: @ moses
I don't think it was "a little spat" ... but obviously, Wayne (like others as well) was not aware of that, because he never really got what made Von act the way he did ...

They were in a Rock & Roll band together, it couldn't possibly have been something serious!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

people in bands are the worst for spitting their dummies out with each other

they're all, by and large, a bunch of temperamental artistes who have spent an unhealthy amount of time surrounded by people telling them everything they want to hear, blowing smoke up their arses and puffing up their egos, giving them an over-blown sense of their own importance (as the nma song goes)

its no wonder these pampered and inflated egos clash dramatically, often over the most trivial of personal differences, so often :lol:

just ask ziggy stardust about that one ;)

most 'normal' people tend to let bygones be bygones, or let stuff slide... but when you think you're so important, anyone that slights you or disagrees with you must seem like the worst enemy you've ever had. :roll:

get over it, i say. to both of them. any grudge, real or perceived (by us or them) is ridiculous. none of it matters anymore, nor has it done since about 3 minutes after it actually happened.

they've both had very successful careers carving out their own post-FALAA niches, and both have legions of adoring and slavishly loyal fans.

what's wrong with looking back at it all as something a couple of mid-twenty-somethings did that got a bit out of hand... the best part of 20 years ago :lol: :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

be serious, we only know version of :von: and version of Wayne and Craig explaining reasons of "leaving" band.
moses

Quiff Boy wrote: its no wonder these pampered and inflated egos clash dramatically, often over the most trivial of personal differences, so often :lol:

Shouldn't that be Spiggy Stardust :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

moses wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote: its no wonder these pampered and inflated egos clash dramatically, often over the most trivial of personal differences, so often :lol:

spiggy angeldust :)
Being645
Above the Chemist

moses wrote:

Lady Stardust, if at all!!!
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

dtsom wrote:stufarq

Wayne created a group that the name was the same name as the sisters fan base. SOUND INTERESTING RIGHT??

that he left after everyone had already gone??
as far as i know Craig and wayne was in the sisters untill the end of it(END OF THIS ERA@ royal albert hall) AND WHAT A CASUALITY, AFTER THAT, HE AND CRAIG STARTED TO TOUR WITH A BAND CALLED THE SISTERHOOD

do you consider that he parted on fairly amicable terms with Von???

SO FOR ME THIS IS LIKE THEY WANTED TO APPROACH THE SUCCESS OF THE GROUP, CREATING ONE WITH A FAMILIAR NAME BUT WITHIOUT ANDREW..... FOR ME THEY GOT RID OF VON

AND IF SOMEONE DO ME THIS, I DON´T WNAT TO KNOW ABOUT HIM-HER-THEY.......... IN ALL MY LIFE
Again, you're rewriting history here.

Gary had left some months earlier. Craig walked out after yet another argument with Von. Wayne left after this, partly out of solidarity with Craig, who was his best mate, and partly because he had a bunch of songs that Eldritch refused to use.

Both Wayne and Andrew are on record as saying that the split was amicable at that stage. Things only turned nasty some time later.

Wayne and Craig then formed a band named after the Sisters' fanbase. (NB - this was an unofficial name adopted by a particular group of the fanbase and Wayne actually phoned them and asked if he could use it.) This was the stupid publicity stunt I referred to as Wayne has said that he knew they'd have to change it eventually.

Even this wasn't an immediate cause of the argument. Andrew attended some Sisterhood concerts and said that the songs (the ones he'd rejected) were good. The real problem came when venues - without any input from the band - started billing The Sisterhood as "the new Sisters of Mercy". They were asked not to but ignored the request. Seeing a potential problem if he wanted to continue using the SOM name, Von rushed out Gift to prevent Wayne using the Sisterhood name, lawyers were consulted and then things got ugly.
paul
Overbomber

Diego, those are indeed hasty conclusions. What Stufarq said is fact-wise and in terms of chronology more accurate.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

and my question is: why on earth did they choose this name??
they could´ve chosen thousand of names but they chose the sistershood why??

2 ex tsom in a group called the sistershood, sound quite funny for me

in my opnion with this name so close to tsom the beggining of the band would be easyer

is my point of view

EDIT: IN WHAT f**king HOUR I WROTE IN THIS TOPIC
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
paul
Overbomber

dtsom wrote: EDIT: IN WHAT f**king HOUR I WROTE IN THIS TOPIC
:lol:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Dealing with :von: should have been child's play for Jerry compared to Pete Burns, but ultimately the result was the same. Having got his feet under the table, Hussey wanted to play a bigger role, the dominant frontman refused, so he left.
:von: may have rejected Hussey's new songs,but the demos of the Hussey era ("Garden of Delight" for example) show that he was probably right in his mind to do so, as he was used to his own arch, knowing lyrics rather than Hussey's Sixth Form love poetry.
Eldritch is and was a lover of language and words - an Oxford linguist, a cruciverbalist of the first order as David Sinclair's Times interview revealed ( :von: apparently used to do the notoriously tricky Times crossword in a mere 20 minutes), even his choice of nom-de-plume reveal an obsession with language form which Wayne could never hope to match. Just a cursory glance at the lyrics of Wake (RSV) above will confirm this. No wonder AE seems to be averaging less than one new song a year ...
:von: may have been happy to use Hussey and Marx's music, effectively a side each on FALAA, relegating his own tunes to B sides, but lyrics was his domain. Hussey had finally found his niche in TSOM, so the rejection must have really hurt, professionally. It was naive in the extreme to believe that :von: would simply accept his songs. Perhaps this is what motivated the decision to go for the Sisterhood name, perhaps it was just markting expediency as has been suggested.
Both had success before FALAA, both have had it since,and both are still maing a living out of it. For whatever reason the events of 1985 still run deep, but whether they get on or not today is fairly irrelevant.
Still, it gave us all a chance to get a few long-held prejudices off our chests !
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:people in bands are the worst for spitting their dummies out with each other

they're all, by and large, a bunch of temperamental artistes who have spent an unhealthy amount of time surrounded by people telling them everything they want to hear, blowing smoke up their arses and puffing up their egos, giving them an over-blown sense of their own importance (as the nma song goes)

its no wonder these pampered and inflated egos clash dramatically, often over the most trivial of personal differences, so often :lol:

most 'normal' people tend to let bygones be bygones, or let stuff slide... but when you think you're so important, anyone that slights you or disagrees with you must seem like the worst enemy you've ever had. :roll:

get over it, i say. to both of them. any grudge, real or perceived (by us or them) is ridiculous. none of it matters anymore, nor has it done since about 3 minutes after it actually happened.

they've both had very successful careers carving out their own niches, and both have legions of adoring and slavishly loyal fans.

what's wrong with looking back at it all as something a couple of mid-twenty-somethings did that got a bit out of hand... the best part of 20 years ago :lol: :roll:
Which band are we talking about? :lol:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Debaser wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:people in bands are the worst for spitting their dummies out with each other

they've both had very successful careers carving out their own niches, and both have legions of adoring and slavishly loyal fans.

Which band are we talking about? :lol:
you choose ;)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Dealing with :von: should have been child's play for Jerry compared to Pete Burns,
You do know that the "Jerry Lovelock" thing is a joke don't you? Wayne is actually, really called Wayne...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Eldritch is and was a lover of language and words - an Oxford linguist, a cruciverbalist of the first order as David Sinclair's Times interview revealed ( :von: apparently used to do the notoriously tricky Times crossword in a mere 20 minutes), even his choice of nom-de-plume reveal an obsession with language form which Wayne could never hope to match. Just a cursory glance at the lyrics of Wake (RSV) above will confirm this.
Look - I've been trying balls-out lately to fall OUT of love with the girls, you're not making it any easier... :roll:
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground