Slightly depressed, the second.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

O-fuckin-K! this is the third time I'll type and try to post. Not HL's doing I hasten to add, VirginMediocre has been playing up.

fiendy Don't fear the type II, I've had it under control (with oral meds for over a decade). On the upside - your fear of hypodermics will vanish. I fainted one time back in my 20s and another time needed a nurse very quickly, but that is another story. ;D
Got one of my six monthly blood tests coming up later this month, previously I would be sick at the thought, now I jus hope I can get a parking space near the health centre. 8) :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
iesus
Overbomber

As James said... You will only worry about the parking when you go for check-ups or if it is raining about the place you put the umbrella :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

@ mark
they've said i may have type II on more than one occassion- fortunately tests have proved otherwise. however these scares have lead me to look into it and as James has said, it does appear to be a live-withable illness, though worry is understanable. loads of love your way and fingers crossed.

Lee 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thanks everyone.

I'm not actually that bad with needles. (I find people putting in contact lenses a lot worse! :lol:) It's just that the doc couldn't find a decent vein so my arm is as full of holes as a colander. Ow.

The health centre is within walking distance of the house so parking ain't a problem.

I'm trying to get more exercise and lose some weight so that should help with any diabetes. I also need to cut down on the drinking! :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Diabetes is not longer that much problem. i remember a friend of mine, who had to put needle with insulin, now it's a pen. not that it changed nature of illness itself, but it's significant progress that makes living with that a lot easier.

but let hope that's something else Mark
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well so I went for my blood test results and yes, I have Type II Diabetes. On the positive side, my doctor thinks it might be manageable without drugs if I lose weight. On the negative side, I am under strict orders to have no booze for a month.

And Bart thanks. Fortunately insulin injections were never likely to be an option. That's generally for Type I Diabetes, where your body stops producing insulin. Type II is when your body no longer reacts properly to the insulin it does produce.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
psichonaut
Overbomber

The town is under 1 meter of water, black out and lot of peoples looking for a blanket and a place to crash for the night
A bridge falled down
Result 6 deaths
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

yes I read the news, it's horrible. hope you and your loved one are ok. take care
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Puts my whinging about my health into a bit of perspective. Stay safe Marco.
—Bertrand Russell
psichonaut
Overbomber

We are safe thank you
The result at the moment is 16 deaths, im going to help my parentr where they had 2 meters of water inside the home and cars were took away by water
The town is now awaje under a fake normality but the fear of another day, despite is sunny now, is here
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Oh man, let me just wish you ( and everybody over there) all the best...
And hoping the weather doesn't turn ugly again.
in dub we trust
eotunun
Overbomber

Good to hear you lot are safe, even if wet. Ignore the text I sent you, then. 8)
I doubt there's anything one could do to support you from this far away, if you have anything you need I could provide you with, let me know.
From what I have learnt in the floods at Bonn in 1993 and 1995, it is most important to avoid the slick and mud that got carried in by the water to dry out and become solid. Once that happened, that s**t is harder to get away than pure concrete. Wash that s**t away while it's wet, the rooms are wet anyway, so there's no damage additional water could do.

All the bestest, mate!
(And thankfully I jotted down my password for this place here.. :innocent: :wink: )
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Best from here too, psichonaut ... and especially to your parents.
What a hell ... I keep my fingers crossed that not every beloved little thing got lost in the water ... :( ... and also the cars ... :eek: ... that's s lot to take up with ...

Most importantly all of you are safe and healthy, but still ... I send you loads of good energies, patience and persistence ...
psichonaut
Overbomber

thanks all for the support, we are all safe, i live fortunately in the country and we were just blocked at home until this morning. but due to the black-out we couldn't get news from parents and friends.
all the day was spent cleaning up my parents house from the mud and binning everything. i own a Karcher so we did it faster...but at the moments they have nothing to wear and they are moving to a town far 50Km where they own a second flat.
my thoughts are for the victims, 18 for the moment, but it's starting to rain again
eotunun
Overbomber

Remember there will be a lot of people around yours, who will have an insurance for getting their rooms redecorated. I think I have the mobile number of some expert from Olbia here..
You may happen to know him. :wink:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
psichonaut
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:Remember there will be a lot of people around yours, who will have an insurance for getting their rooms redecorated. I think I have the mobile number of some expert from Olbia here..
You may happen to know him. :wink:
just left you a message on myspace, i didn't get your txt :(
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Fiendy, no booze? All the extra cash can be spent on loud shirts and moustache wax.

Marco, keep yer heed above the Floodland. Stay safe.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

stay safe, marco.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Good to hear that you Marco and yours are safe.
remember, don't raise your arms.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

weebleswobble wrote:Fiendy, no booze? All the extra cash can be spent on loud shirts and moustache wax.
I am allowed an occasional tipple now I've done a month without. Very occasional though.

But aye, I think some extra-loud shirts might be purchased soon :lol: :kiss:
—Bertrand Russell
RibbonGirl
Road Kill

Changing the subject. Despite our protests, our scientists allegations dealing with cognitive development and so on… the Spanish Ministry of Education have just removed Music and Arts from the curriculum in Primary and Secondary... they set up Religion as an obligatory subject instead... just wanna kill myself... but I just won't...
Talk to them, talk to someone,
Talk to me, or
Paint it on a wall,
But never stay in silence,
As silence kills.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Good job you didn't kill yourself as you wouldn't have gone to Heaven as you would have known if you'd paid attention in the compulsory Religious Subject (smiley face).
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
psichonaut
Overbomber

RibbonGirl wrote:Changing the subject. Despite our protests, our scientists allegations dealing with cognitive development and so on… the Spanish Ministry of Education have just removed Music and Arts from the curriculum in Primary and Secondary... they set up Religion as an obligatory subject instead... just wanna kill myself... but I just won't...
here religion is obligatory and it's not that bad
...that's why i'm atheist :twisted:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

here, where nearly 87% population are signed and say that they are KKKatholics, religion is not a mandatory lesson, however lessons are paid/sponsored from public founds. only theoretically, since 1999/2000 (if i recall correct), instead religion kids can be sign up for ethic lessons, theoretically.