the new m*****n single

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

stufarq wrote:I think you're missing the point there. He's not trying to sound like the Sisters. He's saying people criticise him for sounding like the Sisters, when really some similarity is inevitable because he's the guitarist on both.
I read in a recent interview that Hussey has read all the critical comments on certain Sisters sites! Me thinks he's had a sneak at Hl?! Probabky even contributes!! :lol:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

elamanamou wrote:
stufarq wrote:I think you're missing the point there. He's not trying to sound like the Sisters. He's saying people criticise him for sounding like the Sisters, when really some similarity is inevitable because he's the guitarist on both.
I read in a recent interview that Hussey has read all the critical comments on certain Sisters sites! Me thinks he's had a sneak at Hl?! Probabky even contributes!! :lol:
a whole army of mish trolls ruled over by Boss Gargoyle. :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Swinnow
Overbomber

99% of gargoyles look like Bob Todd

Sorry, it's a Birkenhead thing
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Swinnow wrote:99% of gargoyles look like Bob Todd

:lol: HMHB rock
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:

And the Scousers in shell-suits had goths on their side! :D Sorry one for the Biccie aficionados there! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Pista
Cureboi

Not to forget 13 Eurogoths Floating in the Dead Sea ;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
UnnaturalDisaster
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:

"I'm off to see the Bootleg Beatles as the bootleg Mark Chapman" has to rank as one of my favourite lyrics ever. :D
"This is Jenny. She's the family sadist."
twp
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:

They do indeed
Swinnow
Overbomber

I spy a Dukla Prague away kit
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Just seen video clip of The m*****n performing "Marian" in Norwich.
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I don't usually comment on anything m*****n-related because I'm not a fan. I don't fault anyone who is. You're probably better at judging these things than I am, as I go off instinct and have no technical knowledge of music. At all.

Still, I'm trying to avoid work and up pops this thread. I hadn't hear this this song and m*****n vs. Microsoft Excel resulted in a victory for the former.

First, good musical intro! I like it a bit better when it is the intro to Dominion, but no objections there. Then the voices start. How can you whine AND echo at the same time? You would think one would cancel out the other. (Then again, you'd think that the lack of soul would also cancel out the needy feel, which has never been the case with The m*****n's sound.)

I took a moment to focus and listen to the words. Just no. Ouch. Met. Amorph. Asis. With age comes change?

And now a tedious analysis of estimates and budgets that is going to get me yelled at looks enticing, thank you.
Swinnow
Overbomber

I think V's post was referring to a video clip of da Mish doing Marian in Norwich last night, it's on their TroubleBook fan group page. It's got me looking forward to their gigs in Liverpool and Leicester for sure.
Chaotican

Probably correct there. I wasn't responding to anyone in particular. Just clicked on this thread for the first time. I'm not good with rules and social convention. :)
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm really hoping that they play this every night on the tour!

https://www.facebook.com/andygreenley/v ... 378593267/
Give me one good reason
Microcosmia

Swinnow wrote:I think V's post was referring to a video clip of da Mish doing Marian in Norwich last night, it's on their TroubleBook fan group page. It's got me looking forward to their gigs in Liverpool and Leicester for sure.
I thought that too. Well at least that's one song i'll know all the words to next week :) Admittedly I don't know their songs nearly as well as TSOM but AFFG grew on me and so I'm going with an open mind and every intention of enjoying myself because life is short and all that.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Enjoy yourself Ladies. Leicester gig with Jenny and Chris :)
UnnaturalDisaster
Road Kill

Spiggy's hat wrote:I'm really hoping that they play this every night on the tour!

https://www.facebook.com/andygreenley/v ... 378593267/
They played it in Belgium last night if the set list I saw is anything to go by, so we can but hope!
"This is Jenny. She's the family sadist."
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

was there on Friday night in Depot, Belgium. First time ever I saw the mish. Did not know a lot of the songs but.... they kinda blew me away. Sorry for that bt they were pretty good. :eek: :eek: :eek: :oops: :oops: :oops:
MUSICA È
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Nice they do wasteland and marian

So, should there be a sissionit?
love is just a shot away
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dear Doktor wrote:Dear Doktor, I'm a good guitar player, but my songs are feeble-minded. If I play with the Sisters for a year and then leave to become a full-time s**t, will I be able to steal your thunder?

Definitely. For about sixteen seconds.
He's still trying though bless him.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:
Dear Doktor wrote:Dear Doktor, I'm a good guitar player, but my songs are feeble-minded. If I play with the Sisters for a year and then leave to become a full-time s**t, will I be able to steal your thunder?

Definitely. For about sixteen seconds.
He's still trying though bless him.
given that Marian is undoubtedly the height of his songwriting career i dont begrudge him it. however when i first saw then mish play in 86 he broke into a wail of "i hear you calling maria-a-ann" during "shelter from the storm". seeing as the words are nowt to do with him it seems he was -even then- and is reminding us that he was part of that rather than saying i wrote this innit good? and the m*****n were far better back then, having yet to embarrass themselves with "stay with me" and the sordid story behind "blood [s] buggers [/s] brothers".

Swinnow
Overbomber

I always took the Shelter medley as a celebration of good old rock music and used to chuckle at The Sisters being placed alongside Zep and The Doors. '86 vintage Mish made a glorious rock noise and, in my experience, very few bands were as good as them live.
eastmidswhizzkid

Swinnow wrote:'86 vintage Mish made a glorious rock noise and, in my experience, very few bands were as good as them live.
i agree, and have always said that their first 2 12" were fabulous. i still play them regularly now.

Swinnow
Overbomber

A certain heartlander will be at The Mish gig in Libpool tomorrow night, he may be over six feet tall and wearing a Jesus Loves The Sisters tee shirt, he knows a few of you already, come and say hi, don't let the Merseyside accent fool you, he has lived in Leeds for yonks.

The same guy may well wear a World Crusade shirt in Camden lol