Official Sisters Merch

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Spiggy Sage
Road Kill

Still cheap as chips, if you ask me. Some bands charge you 35-45 bucks for a shirt these days.. :?
I don't know if you were wrong, but I fail to see the point of being right.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Andy TG wrote:Good Evening ALL. Very pleased see that the 2020 tour shirt has finally found its way on to the official merch site. They were sold out in Bristol when i tried to buy one. Oddly 25.00 instead of the usual 20.00 but what the hell. Yes I finally, bought one :-)
Maybe the extra £5.00 goes towards the spelling mistake correction cost! :innocent: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Charlie wrote:
Andy TG wrote:Good Evening ALL. Very pleased see that the 2020 tour shirt has finally found its way on to the official merch site. They were sold out in Bristol when i tried to buy one. Oddly 25.00 instead of the usual 20.00 but what the hell. Yes I finally, bought one :-)
Maybe the extra £5.00 goes towards the spelling mistake correction cost! :innocent: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I wondered if that was a digital correction on the shop, but my tour shirt arrived yesterday and I can confirm it has been corrected. Also the layout of the cities is slightly different. Boring but true! :D
ruffers
Overbomber

Now here's a funny thing. Following the proper shopify link there's lots of shirts, but not as I can see Jesus Loves The Sisters, which was one I didn't have,
Idly wandering tinternet the other day I searched for Jesus Loves The Sisters tshirt and was taken to a shopify page showing the shirt, and availability in my XL (tightish, but still OK) size. I bought one and it arrived today, and I am happy.

Make of that what you will....
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

I've definitely got two from the official source and at least one not so officially but I can't tell them apart. Some fit me better than others, but they're a favoured weekend wear.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

A few tshirts added to the store.....including Jesus Loves!

https://the-sisters-of-mercy-uk.myshopify.com/
Swinnow
Overbomber

Sound, so the Reptile House is listening nowadays. Hurrah!
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

if listening = spying on us ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Still no replacement for a tattered People's Republic Of West Yorkshire, sadly... but if there is any spying going on, I figure bringing it up as often as possible can't hurt. :P
Swinnow
Overbomber

What Sam said...

My 'Republic' shirt self-destructed several years ago and is missed.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ordered my third Jesus shirt. They keep getting worn to pieces plus a 2017 shirt which I never bought at the time for some reason. If we are requesting clothing... How about the Vision Thing lyric shirt and the Andy Warhol cross shirt please! I need new ones! :notworthy:
The Chancer Corporation
ruffers
Overbomber

That explains me being able to buy the Jesus shirt even though it wasn't there then...

Zip up hoodie please!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 15:37 That explains me being able to buy the Jesus shirt even though it wasn't there then...

Zip up hoodie please!
Despite downsizing my collection somewhat drastically lately (thank you ruffers) I second the request for a Zip hood. How hard can it be?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 10:36
ruffers wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 15:37 That explains me being able to buy the Jesus shirt even though it wasn't there then...
Zip up hoodie please!
Despite downsizing my collection somewhat drastically lately (thank you ruffers) I second the request for a Zip hood. How hard can it be?
Thirded. My zip-up Neph and Mission hoodies get alot more use than any of my non zip-up Sisters ones.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hoodies without a zip? IMHO, there's hardly an occasion to make use of them.
DomConway
Filth

Zip up hoodie would be ace. And a midnight chrome Zippo 😆
the only thing to fear is fear itself
ruffers
Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 20:10 Hoodies without a zip? IMHO, there's hardly an occasion to make use of them.
I haven't worn any of my nonzip ones for at least a year. Nephilim and St Marks West Gorton zip ups get worn all the time.

Climate change in action :D
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Hoodie chat! I wear my Sisters hoodies all the time, but would also definitely buy a zip up one. I'd be remiss not to use this as an opportunity to mention (again) a People's Republic of West Yorkshire t-shirt reprint.
In fact- a People's Republic of West Yorkshire hoodie (zip up or otherwise) would be utterly mint.
Swinnow
Overbomber

I've learned something new. I admit to.having to.'google' the St Mark's West Gorton thang and I discovered that I had been mistaken and there was not a secret Neath RUFC faction hidden in Mancdom.as I had previously assumed :lol:
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yes to a zip up hoodie .
Wilkstein
Road Kill

Most definitely.
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

My Sisters hoodie is a very unofficial, fiver outside the venue thing, but it's like the proper ones and I only wear it if it's freezing out and I know I won't need to be taking it off and on.
ruffers wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 21:16 St Marks West Gorton zip ups get worn all the time.
It is by far the comfiest, cosiest hoodie I have ever owned. One of those with a small head and star would do me - I think full tour dates are best suited to t-shirts.
ruffers
Overbomber

Indeed. One logo, left side, nothing on back.
But needs to be a quality item, like the St Marks. No labels in mine to suggest manufacturer though unfortunately.
Job done.

While I'm here though as a Lancashire lad and blue the only Sissies things I don't won't buy are the West Yorkshire ones. :lol:
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 23:16 Indeed. One logo, left side, nothing on back.
I'd really like a zip up version of the "Militant Sex Machine" hoody from 2003. I'm torn between taking mine to the tailors and see if she can alter it for me, or just sticking it on eBay with the rest of my hoodies.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

From a merch & manufacturing point of view, zip-up hoodies tend to be more expensive to make and print, which puts them an infavourable light when you see them in a web shop side by side with often cheaper non-zip up ones.

Also, they are harder to make with large prints on the front because there's a zip, and they're split into two halves! The two halves have to be lined up perfectly during printing - otherwise there's a mismatch in the final design - and that's really tricky to do with clothing because the material moves and is stretchy. Also the final design often looks a bit s**t when there's a zip running up the middle of it.

That's why most merch has a single, smaller design - usually on the left breast - on zip up hoodies.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?