Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mh
Above the Chemist

I pledged, and I'm proud and honoured to have been a part of making this happen. The fact that Amazon or whoever are selling it for less doesn't bother me, because I helped make it happen, I'll have my name in the book, and I'll have all the extra cool stuff that's coming with it. F--k knows, it's a fraction of what I've spent on the band over the years, and for what it's given me in return, I'm well pleased.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
GC
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 21:47 I pledged, and I'm proud and honoured to have been a part of making this happen. The fact that Amazon or whoever are selling it for less doesn't bother me, because I helped make it happen, I'll have my name in the book, and I'll have all the extra cool stuff that's coming with it. F--k knows, it's a fraction of what I've spent on the band over the years, and for what it's given me in return, I'm well pleased.
Me too... I cant wait to receive it and glad I pledged.
Just to be clear by mentioning Bol.com. I wasnt begruding my pledge.... just doing a bit of advertising for anyone in NL who wanted to buy the book.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i simply have (several longstanding) issues with Amazon . i hate the idea of them being able to dictate any of the market variables. i didnt even pay for my copy as it was a gift from my Brother Si. i just HATE Amazon.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Nonesuch
Road Kill

Oh who cares if Amazon are selling it cheaper than the price we pledged?! I’d be more surprised if they weren’t selling it for less. (And it’s only a fiver less). If we hadn’t pledged that money up front, this book simply wouldn’t be happening.

Yes it may have taken a while, but considering it wasn’t even written when we pledged, and then we had the small matter of a global pandemic, I don’t think the wait has been too long.

And if Mark’s pieces for the Quietus were some of best music writing ever, it seems a bit daft to suggest that the expectation has been too much. It’s being published in a matter of weeks!

And I for one, cannot wait.

Edit: (Well maybe for a few more weeks...)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 01:24 i simply have (several longstanding) issues with Amazon . i hate the idea of them being able to dictate any of the market variables. [... ]. i just HATE Amazon.
Same here. I rather pay a few quid more than buy from them. They want to controle not only the market, but like others, every step we take.

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nonesuch wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 15:50 ...If we hadn’t pledged that money up front, this book simply wouldn’t be happening....
This. Exactly.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just had an email giving new date as 11th November
My birthday is on the 19th....so hopefully I'll receive a lovely birthday present!
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
iesus
Overbomber

Today i also received 2 emails. One with the titles of the chapters and the pages. And one from Unbound that says for a 2 weeks delay. :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Swinnow
Overbomber

Twas ever thus, think back to FALAA, Mark (and the abortion of Brexit) are just maintaining a history. One day, one day....
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
seawave
Road Kill

I am looking forward for this book!
Pista
Cureboi

seawave wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 14:04 I am looking forward for this book!
Hello & welcome to Heartland :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
seawave
Road Kill

Thank you! :)
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Yo! welcome to Heartland :hl: :wake: :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
seawave
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 18:59 Yo! welcome to Heartland :hl: :wake: :von:
Thank you :bat:
iesus
Overbomber

Unbound wrote: Paint My Name In Black And Gold has gone to press

Hello Konstantinos,
Great news - we did it! Paint My Name In Black And Gold has been sent to press and the wait is nearly over.

It won't be long now until the finished books will be printed and ready to send out to everyone who’s helped along the way. We can’t wait to hold the real thing in our hands!

The Unbounders
I hear the roar of a big ( pressing ) machine :lol: ;D :hl:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
mh
Above the Chemist

Soon the precious will be ours! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Great news :D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

This year, definitely ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Pista
Cureboi

Amazolian (UK) has it at £15 now.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
culpritnextgen
Road Kill

[finally managed to get my account reset and resubmitted folllowing losing all logins, twas a bastard to lose everything.. been a while] hello all! 'wavey hands'

... just looking forward to holding the book in my hands and reading it. I have warmed my eyes up (!) by reading waynes salad daze (weird but enjoyable in parts) and will sergeants excellent biography - recommend it.
My take- I don't care what others are selling it for, this is done by one of our clan, and if it has helped mr fiend by pre-paying then I'm a happy bunny/sister.

... the story continues....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

culpritnextgen wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 21:56 if it has helped mr fiend by pre-paying then I'm a happy bunny/sister.
You might have your wires crossed a little there @culpritnextgen - it's not me, but another Mark, @MAndrews of this parish who has done this book what he has wrote.

And welcome back :von:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
million voices
Slight Overbomber

It can't be long now.
I can almost see the pair of broken shades lying on the tarmac
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

million voices wrote: 24 Oct 2021, 14:29 It can't be long now.
I can almost see the pair of broken shades lying on the tarmac
Same here. I had to check when I donated...it's back in March 2019. Pre-COVID, before the world ended. So much has gone on, I've enjoyed knowing this treat will eventually arrive. And in the meantime we had Trevor's excellent book...plus new songs I can listen to on YouTube...bad times helped by good TSOM developments.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
culpritnextgen
Road Kill

You might have your wires crossed a little there @culpritnextgen - it's not me, but another Mark, @MAndrews of this parish who has done this book what he has wrote.

And welcome back :von:

.. yes, realised that after posting, must have been that celebratory wine i had after setting up my new account...
and thank you sir!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Just received a 7-page preview to pledgers ... hihi, lovely to read. Soo looking forward now to the full result ... ;D ;D ;D ...