Re-re-run of currently watching

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

A fabulously done ending that was complete if they do not get a 2nd season.

Pennywise is back. "Wanna bloon Georgie?"
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Image

A fabulously done ending that was complete if they do not get a 2nd season.
Aye that ending blew me away :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just watched Pilger’s latest, which confirmed what i’ve been feeling for some time now.

We’re doomed.

(Rise of Skywalker tomorrow...)
:innocent:
Pista
Cureboi

Believe the hype. This is a belter of a show.
Still trying to figure out who I hate the most.
Right now it's Tom.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm going to see the new Star Wars this afternoon. No spoilers. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:I'm going to see the new Star Wars this afternoon. No spoilers. ;D
Was it good then? as i hate the cinema i will wait for the dvd release and get it off the Bay.

Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I also saw the new LotR...I mean Star Wars movie. Very good looking but otherwise quite "meh".
Burning 'cross the breeze.
eastmidswhizzkid

on my sisters recommendation ive just d/l'd the witcher. i know nothing about it except that i think Don -Erudite has started to watch it.

Pista
Cureboi

proper creepy
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
markfiend wrote:I'm going to see the new Star Wars this afternoon. No spoilers. ;D
Was it good then? as i hate the cinema i will wait for the dvd release and get it off the Bay.
I really loved it. I'm a proper sucker for having my heartstrings pulled :lol: But if you didn't like Force Awakens or Last Jedi you can probably give it a miss TBH :|

I still think the best of the post-1980s Star Wars films is Rogue One.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

i'd probably agree with you about Rogue 1 but i loved The Last Jedii . i fell so in love with Rae that when i rewatched The Force Awakens i really enjoyed that as welll.

Pista
Cureboi

Just seen Rise Of Skywalker and thought it was superb.
Loads of great space battle stuff, huge nods to the original film that started it all and lots of lump-in-throat moments.
Star Wars fans will rip it to shreds (as is sadly customary these days) bit it was pretty bl00dy good.
Only thing I didn't like was the little droid with a hairdryer for a head.
I really wanted Richard E Grant to say, "We joined the last order by mistake".
Maybe that'll be in the bloopers on the home release.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:on my sisters recommendation ive just d/l'd the witcher. i know nothing about it except that i think Don -Erudite has started to watch it.
What’d you think of it? I enjoyed it, for the most part, but thought there were some curious narrative choices that maybe didn’t work as well as they could have.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:on my sisters recommendation ive just d/l'd the witcher. i know nothing about it except that i think Don -Erudite has started to watch it.
What’d you think of it? I enjoyed it, for the most part, but thought there were some curious narrative choices that maybe didn’t work as well as they could have.
Still only two episodes in, but it's definitely old school Swords & Sorcery.

Have heard the Beeb is adapting Moorcock's Hawkmoon books.
It'll either be amazing or a total car crash. :|
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: Only thing I didn't like was the little droid with a hairdryer for a head.
Conehead was the best thing about the movie!
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Erudite wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
Still only two episodes in, but it's definitely old school Swords & Sorcery.

Have heard the Beeb is adapting Moorcock's Hawkmoon books.
It'll either be amazing or a total car crash. :|
Watched 5 episodes so far, i've played Witcher 3 but not read the books, it's not bad, nothing mind blowing but it's filling the fantasy gap for now!
Although the girl that plays Ciri is annoying me! :lol:

As well as Game Of Thrones spin-offs in the future there's supposed to be a Lord Of The Rings prequel coming and also an adaptation of Robert Jordan's 'Wheel Of Time' series - at least that series of books is finished! :innocent:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've just seen the first couple of episodes of the Witcher and I'm finding it hard to care about the characters. I don't know.

Re Rise of Skywalker I was sobbing through the last half of the movie, it got me right in the feels. But in retrospect there is a huge amount of fridge logic going on. I'm not going to break it down further, spoilers would ensue.
—Bertrand Russell
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I've just seen the first couple of episodes of the Witcher and I'm finding it hard to care about the characters. I don't know.
The Witcher does get better, but you're right, there's not too much of a sense of investment in the characters.

Yes, Charlie, Ciri is quite annoying. :lol:

As to The Rise of Skywalker, I found it an enjoyable watch, even if parts of it felt like an exercise in fandom pleasing. But then JJ is something of a one-trick pony in that regard.
Although, to give him is due, rounding out nine films was never going to be an easy gig and for my money he made a decent fist of it.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
eastmidswhizzkid

sultan2075 wrote:
i got halfway through thr first one and thought: why didnt they cast a witcher who could act? and turned it off. dont think i was in a "receptive to something new" mood as i binge=rewatched all the watchmen instead. currently watching all of Tarantinos films in order as Jackie Brown was the latest i had watched. loved kill Bill. will go back to witcher later.

eastmidswhizzkid

Have just watched the last episode of The Mandalorian. that was awesome. & nicely set up for Season 2. :notworthy:

Pista
Cureboi

Sister Van Helsing is a riot.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:Image

Sister Van Helsing is a riot.
Went into this not having seen any trailers or read any reviews, thought it would be the usual serious take, which i would have liked just fine but it turns out it's not and i actually really enjoyed it.
Although the third episode wasn't as good for me, which is a shame, the first one especially i really liked.
Dracula and Agatha were great together :lol:
iesus
Overbomber

season one
i am gonna give it a try, sounds like comedy ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote: Went into this not having seen any trailers or read any reviews, thought it would be the usual serious take, which i would have liked just fine but it turns out it's not and i actually really enjoyed it.
Although the third episode wasn't as good for me, which is a shame, the first one especially i really liked.
Dracula and Agatha were great together :lol:
I quite enjoyed the 3rd episode. It was a nice twist to see it all up to date.
& you're not wrong. Claes Bang & Dolly Wells were superb opposite each other.
"Who gave him the wifi password?" :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity