The fabled Sisterhood demo version of 'This Corrosion'

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Forget that. I'm not allowed mp3s on my markfiend.com site. :evil:

I'll put it up on freewebs shortly.

*Edit: Clicky
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

To be honest, Quiffy, your second point about artists keeping it to keep cool.. well, it's more cool that one of those artists didn't care about keeping up the mystique and offered it for free ;)

And it may be slightly "devalued", but the original copies will still be considered extremely rare, since we don't have lossless copies, only this tape>mp3 version.

I'll take my version down soon (I only have limited bandwidth, and it needs to be conserved for other purposes, but so long as people keep uploading versions, then no worries.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I'm just upset it won't cure cancer, I had high hopes this track would keep me alive indefinitely ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

...dig those keyboard sounds!
i think my lil'sister has a bontempi organ with those on :P
...seriously, thanks!

(call me a heretic but i do find it hard to get excited about really early demos; 'lost' final version that didn't make the release is another thing. But musical-sketches are just that, why have grape juice when you could have champagne... :?:
I agree with QB it is a prestige thing)
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas – only I don't exactly know what they are!"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

maybe i was a tad harsh. :|

as dark says, at least he has made the recording available, regardless of his motives...

maybe he really did intend it as an altruistic gesture, and taking it at face value, maybe it backfired in that one or more of the artists involved in the demo (remember it wasn't just eldritch!) became aware and asked him to take it down? having no real "right" to the song i can imagine he felt he had no other option but to acquiesce to the request.

all of which is a huge presumption of course, and complete speculation :lol:

am i jaded & cynical? probably :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I would just like to offer my thanks to "Diddley2" for making this available and to you good people at HL who have hosted it.

I have only recently come across this thread and listened to the track before reading the history. the quality was so good I thought it must be a fake.

This is the kind of stuff we should be getting from Rhino, not just the same old thing in brand new drag again.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
James Blast
Banned

million voices wrote:I would just like to offer my thanks to "Diddley2" for making this available and to you good people at HL who have hosted it.

I have only recently come across this thread and listened to the track before reading the history. the quality was so good I thought it must be a fake.

This is the kind of stuff we should be getting from Rhino, not just the same old thing in brand new drag again.
that's a joke, yeah? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Eldorado
Road Kill

I was given a copy of this last year, but it contains more than one long track. There are 4 shorter tracks with Von & James Ray sharing the vocals then a version of them 'dueting'. I will have to fish it out and compare it. Interesting but that's about all.
As for Von's 'baby pics' analogy, this is more like a 'scan pic' you get when your pregnant. Not something you frame for your wall.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i gather that pretty soon there's going to be a megamix / mashup doing the rounds of this demo, the single version and some song or other by muse :o

havent heard it, but from what i've been described it sounds like it will rock like a bastard :lol:

watch this space ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Eldorado
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:i gather that pretty soon there's going to be a megamix / mashup doing the rounds of this demo, the single version and some song or other by muse :o

havent heard it, but from what i've been described it sounds like it will rock like a bastard :lol:

watch this space ;)
But the vocals are terrible. That would be a seriously disrespectful thing to do.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Eldorado wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i gather that pretty soon there's going to be a megamix / mashup doing the rounds of this demo, the single version and some song or other by muse :o

watch this space ;)
But the vocals are terrible. That would be a seriously disrespectful thing to do.
So that only leaves us the MUSE option. ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Eldorado wrote:There are 4 shorter tracks with Von & James Ray sharing the vocals then a version of them 'dueting'.
So we hear. You wouldn't be a sport and stick some mp3s up somewhere would you? 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Eldorado
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:
Eldorado wrote:There are 4 shorter tracks with Von & James Ray sharing the vocals then a version of them 'dueting'.
So we hear. You wouldn't be a sport and stick some mp3s up somewhere would you? 8)
No. For one I wouldn't know how to do that at this time and two, as I have said I think it's really disrespectful to Von. Don't want to be a kiljoy but I think whoever posted it has little respect for anyone other than themselves, and considering the amount of :notworthy: they have received they must feel pretty self-important right now.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: Fairy nuff.
—Bertrand Russell
Eldorado
Road Kill

markfiend wrote::lol: Fairy nuff.
Fairy Snuff is what you need :wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Eldorado wrote:
markfiend wrote::lol: Fairy nuff.
Fairy Snuff is what you need :wink:
;D I'm saying nowt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Not really. Carl took it down within a couple of days. He put it up because he wanted to. Now we're all hosting copies so other people can get them.

I assume you won't be purchasing any of the reissues containing demos, or buying bootlegs. If you consider the free giving of demos to be disrespectful, goodness knows WHAT you'd think of paying for them. Which begs the question of why you have a demo tape of This Corrosion, and how you got it, in the first place.

Apologies for the slight venom.
James Blast
Banned

Why don't you tape over your copy, that would be really respectful.
Don'tcha think?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Thanks diddley2 for the reply and many :notworthy: s to you for letting me and a good few other Heartlanders hear this curio.

As to it being JR, could well be, he goes by many names on here.
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

I'll second that James, we would hate that demo to get out to the real fan's, who only use it for they personnel enjoyment & not to make themself (just record collectors) look cool. I thought meant thank you.

PS could Eldorado be JR
Er....
Could Eldorado be ....ahem..... Eldo :eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I don't think it's James Ray. Mostly because his account is "JAMES RAY", and he's never had a big problem with selling (for charity)/giving away old artifacts (remember him selling the postcard that Eldo sent him, telling him he liked the Mexico Sundown Blues demo?)
lachert
Overbomber

jesus.
it was rocerded 20 years ago or i'm wrong? :eek:
people get some distanse to yourself and your work.
long live rock'n'roll
robertzombie
Overbomber

I don't think anyone would 'laugh' at the demo. Demos are very interesting pieces, they help us understand how a song evolved and they're bloody good to listen to! :D

If it's "not a demo" then what is it? Do you simply have the album version of This Corrosion and have got mixed up?

Heartland is a sharing community (just take a look at the weeding section). Until recently most of us were listening to crackly versions of Sisters demos (Red Skies Disappear, Garden Of Delight, Dance On Glass) but thanks to a kind Heartlander who shared an amazing version of the Victims Of Circumstance we can now hear the songs in superb quality and get a much better idea of how they originally sounded.

It's not about going "haha! good job Andy got Jim in otherwise this would've been pants!" it's about understanding the song and joining in with a kind and sharing community that all love the sisters.

And mh is right, why go and tell us you've got something when you're not prepared to share it, bit childish don't you think? ;)
hallucienate
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote: And mh is right, why go and tell us you've got something when you're not prepared to share it, bit childish don't you think? ;)
Yep, best keep quite about what you got. :roll: :roll:
Eldorado
Road Kill

diddley2 wrote:I'll second that James, we would hate that demo to get out to the real fan's, who only use it for they personnel enjoyment & not to make themself (just record collectors) look cool. I thought :notworthy: meant thank you.

PS could Eldorado be JR
:eek: Unles he's changed bodies (and sex) and no-one told me, I don't think so!! And if I were JR I would probably say something about the Faith Healer deom you're posting.

:notworthy: says 'we are not worthy'.

@ diddley I am entitled to an opinion on the matter. So why did you take it down?