Sisters in 2006

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Francis wrote:It's very late/ early and I've had a long drive back oop North. Would anybody like to paraphrase the more interesting/ relevant parts of the last 4 pages?

Thankyou.

The 'Live News' section announces that they're playing in Vegas for the 25th anniversary; thus a bunch of pouty wankers feel slighted that he's playing in the heathen USA (after all, they feel he owes them, as much as they might claim otherwise), causing them to get their panties all in a knot trying to interpret said announcement as an esoteric joke through which Von is really telling them that the Sisters will play for vegetable scraps in the loo at the home of some pale-skinned English fruitbat. Or something.

That's the gist of it, I think. It sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

:wink:
Last edited by Scardwel on 27 Dec 2005, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.
The Scene won't save you...
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Francis wrote:It's very late/ early and I've had a long drive back oop North. Would anybody like to paraphrase the more interesting/ relevant parts of the last 4 pages?

Thankyou.
They're playing Las Vegas. See "Live News" on the official site.
It seems some people on here don't like it, and continue fantasise that Eldo is having a festive laugh at our expense and will be appearing on their doorstep in the very near future, when the truth is right in front of them. :lol:
scotty
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:

Thankyou.

The 'Live News' section announces that they're playing in Vegas for the 25th anniversary; thus a bunch of pouty wankers feel slighted that he's playing in the heathen USA (after all, they feel he owes them, as much as they might claim otherwise), causing them to get their panties all in a knot trying to interpret said announcement as an esoteric joke through which Von is really telling them that the Sisters will play for vegetable scraps in the loo at the home of some pale-skinned English fruitbat. Or something.

In a word.....Bollocks, sulton 2075!, the thing that pissed people off the most,IMO, was the "we know best and they're not playing in Vegas they're playing in York, OK, Fact, 'cause were in the know", which may or may not still be true :roll: .
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

scotty wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:

Thankyou.

In a word.....Bollocks, sulton 2075!, the thing that pissed people off the most,IMO, was the "we know best and they're not playing in Vegas they're playing in York, OK, Fact, 'cause were in the know", which may or may not still be true :roll: .
that and the fact that they're playing in the states, not here. :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Multifaceted
Road Kill

It sounds a little bit like kids are arguing over who gets first dibs on the new Christmas toys!

No offense meant on my part, of course. I think people are so passionate only because The Sisters don't seem to do much at all these days. Everyone wants all they can get.

I'd like them to come to the US, but I'm not going to be greatly annoyed or angered if they don't; that's just not my personality. I am planning a trip to Vegas now, though. :D I'm not sure what I'll do if they don't play.
Last edited by Multifaceted on 27 Dec 2005, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Multifaceted wrote: I think people are so passionate only because The Sisters don't seem to do much at all these days. Everyone wants all they can get.
:notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Multifaceted wrote: I think people are so passionate only because The Sisters don't seem to do much at all these days. Everyone wants all they can get.
On the nail. :notworthy:

"You won't get what you deserve, you are what you take." :)
Francis
Overbomber

So how much does a ticket to Vegas cost from Leeds-Bradford airport? And what do you reckon I could get on e-Bay for a one-night fall-over in a flat over a convenience store with an off-licence that can sleep 10 desperate coffin-botherers in a one-pub village 5 miles south of York?

[size=0]And am I anywhere near the world record for the most hyphens in a single Heartland post?[/size]
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

And I thought my city copyrighted the ability to whine incessantly.
North America has been waiting patiently for 6 years while Europe continues to see them on alarming regularity.

Funny how the yanks and canucks are content with one gig, let alone a tour.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

scotty wrote:Bollocks ... the thing that pissed people off the most,IMO, was the "we know best and they're not playing in Vegas they're playing in York, OK, Fact, 'cause were in the know", which may or may not still be true :roll: .
Ooooh ... you're such a fcking whinger. :roll:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

As was stated - silver represents a 25th anniversary. As LA ain't so far from Vegas, I've looked on all the usual outlets and no sign of a Sisters gig. But it's still early. Not sure why people are jumping to the immediate and hasty conclusion that Von is throwing in the towel... :?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

As I said in the other treath....it must be a tour because IMO lunar and martian dates ('hidden text") mean February and March.

So let's hope there will be something for the USA fans and the European fans. 8)
Last edited by Ozpat on 27 Dec 2005, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Seems like twenty-five years of
Ever after, ever more more more
RobF

I have no idea where they're playing, however, as for the throwing in the towel bit: (I know someone's already posted these lyrics on Dominion, but hey)

Motorhead:Bite The Bullet

Stepping out, I'm leaving here,
No use crying, crying in my beer,
Enough's enough, believe it's true,
Bite The Bullet, I'm leaving you

Said goodbye, I left a note,
But I don't remember, just what I wrote,
The same old words, to say we're through,

So that's the way it always ends,
Get sympathy from all your friends,
Seems there's nothing, nothing else to do,

To be frank, the idea that Von WOULDN'T have something Motorbanger related in mind when he chose his words, is more far-fetched than any other theory. If he's not knocking it on the head, it's pretty certain that he wants to give the immpression that he is.

"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
RobF

P.S. Pardon my spelling and grammar, it's early. :urff:
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Besides everything said and thought (more or less expressed) I wonder what the line up is gonna be. :roll:
"as we walk on the floodland"
christophe
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:Besides everything said and thought (more or less expressed) I wonder what the line up is gonna be. :roll:
this would be the bigger question wouldn't it.

maybe a solo tour? :P
aims
Overbomber

A Sarky Git wrote:The Sisters are:
Doktor Avalanche - Drums, Bass, Guitars, Keyboards
Si Denbigh - Nurse to the Doktor
Andrew Edlritch - Vocals
Not that it's been much different for the past 10 years, but I cringe at the thought of Top Nite Out played entirely by the Doktor...:urff:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Johnny M wrote:
scotty wrote:Bollocks ... the thing that pissed people off the most,IMO, was the "we know best and they're not playing in Vegas they're playing in York, OK, Fact, 'cause were in the know", which may or may not still be true :roll: .
OK then, Johnny, prove it. THEN we'll stop whinging. :P :roll:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Motz wrote:
A Sarky Git wrote:The Sisters are:
Doktor Avalanche - Drums, Bass, Guitars, Keyboards
Si Denbigh - Nurse to the Doktor
Andrew Edlritch - Vocals
Not that it's been much different for the past 10 years, but I cringe at the thought of Top Nite Out played entirely by the Doktor...:urff:
Well, if the line-up would change, wouldn't it make sense to do at least a try out in the UK or on the mainland?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:
I didn't think I mentioned you there Johnny, struck a chord though.
Last edited by scotty on 27 Dec 2005, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

the Lord giveth and then the bastard taketh away again
Last edited by paint it black on 06 Feb 2006, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
Goths have feelings too
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

All speculation aside of hidden meanings, etc:

Anyone actually attend the HOB Las Vegas show in 1999? Never been to Vegas, or any HOB, for that matter. HOB seems likely, though.

What's the venue like? Aside from reading the tours website, anyone have some personal stories?

Better yet, anyone spot Von at the tables that night? That would be well worth the trip. He's already ready with ever-present sunglasses to play poker...
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
robertzombie
Overbomber

If it is true that they are playing in Vegas then as long as someone gets a decent bootleg of it, I'm relatively happy.